Chelsea v Crystal Palace

Jase

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Attending my first game at the Bridge for this season, can't wait. It's been a while. I think the team pretty much picks itself - Mou will go for experience at the back (most likely keep in Bane), and the only change I can see at AM is perhaps Oscar for Willian but even then I wouldn't expect it.

Palace will be a very interesting challenge, especially as Pardew seems to do very well against Mourinho. We need the win as we need to build our confidence. I'll take any win atm tbh.

No Falcao / Ramires on the bench?

To be fair it's too early to write Falcao off, considering our offensive line up and the countless chances we produced vs WBA.

As for Ramires, for me he was our best player after Begovic and Zouma against City. Although he's really inconsistent. He'll either give you a solid performance or he'll be the missing link - both in attack and defence.

Ramires was the third best player against City ? I have heard this sentiment in this forum before and I cannot believe people think this. IMO he had a terrible game and was one of the primary reasons we lost. I looked at who scored for the match report. Ramires' passing accuracy was 57.9% with only 37 touches and 19 passes. And he was on the pitch for almost 70 minutes. These kind of stats are completely unacceptable from a Chelsea midfielder. Compare that to out of form Cesc, who had 100 touches, made 86 passes with 87% accuracy. And people think Cesc is out of form.

Drop/kneecap Ivanovic, Baba has to start or, failing that, play Zouma at LB and Azpi on the right. Same midfield/front four. Maybe bring in Lord Mikel for Fab.

Zouma Cahill ?? Azpi

If you drop Ivanovic, who do you wanna use? Terry has red card

Thats true, its not however, how we win titles.

I was just pointing out that you win games (and the title) by scoring more goals than the opposition. I was just messing with the poster. I know what he meant.

But, we did score more goals than the opposition last year. 41 more goals, so maybe using a different term to describe it would be better.

when our attack has misfired we have relied on our defensive players to get us the points.at the moment it needs to be the attack who take up the slack.in a shoot out our attack is better than theirs.

we need a solid defense to win trophies but no trophies are on offer yet and we are trying to sort out the defensive issues at present. so yeah at present it is down to our attacking players..to pin back their fullbacks and others to relieve pressure on our back 5 and Matic.