Pedro Rodríguez

Pacquiao

@ Oscar. (i can`t quote on here)

they chose not to keep Makalele...those who make the decisions..whoever it was it means the same result..i`m sure there were players who didn`t want to see Mata,De Bruyne,Ballack,Cech etc... leave us but they did because it`s not their decision.

sometimes managers,sometimes presidents,owners etc.. my point was good to great players leave great clubs all the time. and it`s not always because they are no longer good enough like was stated above by others.

I`d normaly say,sit him and let him get a week or two under his belt getting to know his team mates ,building an onfield chemistry but if the other option is Cuadrado or Moses I`d rather role with Pedro before he`s had chance to settle.

ideally we have Willian on the RW if Bran is still in the team for West Brom.

The big thing if we do buy him is he is game ready. Yes he hasn't trained but at least his fitness will be up to speed and he can at least be ready if needed.

If you compare our approach since Mourinho was hired.

Oscar, Hazard, Curtois, Mata. Players that were not expensive but could become world class.

Right now the club is buying rejects, like Fabregas and Pedro, and those guys are not coming for cheap money.

Willing to pay 40m for unproven CB, an act of disspair coming from a club with unbalanced squad, lacking depth in defense.

Cuadrado was bought for big money, barely started an oficial match, was discarded as a waste 6 months later and the club is buying a guy who is not good enough for Barcelona and would be a squad player for United or City, but will be a starting 11 here.

When you see what clubs like Liverpool, United, City and Arsenal are doing, theres 0 reason to be optimistic.

2013 the future looked exciting. Squad offered many options and team needed some adjustments. The squad is getting weaker season after season.

That is exactly my observation. Since Jose came he has managed to increase the average age of the squad from 24. For three consecutive season he has brought in three washed up old strikers, and two of those were his former players, and one being a player of his agent. So he could have gradually Bamford and Solanke since his return if he has a long term plan for the club. I guess winning an under-20 CL doe not mean anything to him. He has also reduced the creativity of the team considerably and has zero plans to play attractive football.

I agree he has played a few games already this season with barca... he knows Cesc from his time at Barca and probably played against Costa and Azi with the Spanish squad... I can't see him starting on Sunday but i have a suspicion he will be on the bench mainly due to a lack of depth in the squad.

List of barca rejects that are not youth

Sanchez

Fabregas

Ibrahimovic

Yayatoure

Eto

Ronaldinho

Deco

And now pedro in his prime age of 28 like Suarez

I don't understand this Barcelona reject argument. A Barcelona and Madrid reject will start in 90% of every team in the world. They're called the best two teams in the world for some reason :doh:

Hazard and Tibo aside, none of our players will get into Barca side.

Not sure why people are complaining about getting Pedro. There are not a lot of options available on the market and either you overpay for potential or you overpay for a name. RW has been an issue for a while now. So it's good that the issue is being resolved.

We do no need to bring in 18-21 talents who could be ready in 1-2 years to play big roles at Chelsea.

Still need to fix CM before the window closes and would be nice to address the back line as well.

If you compare our approach since Mourinho was hired.

Oscar, Hazard, Curtois, Mata. Players that were not expensive but could become world class.

Right now the club is buying rejects, like Fabregas and Pedro, and those guys are not coming for cheap money.

Willing to pay 40m for unproven CB, an act of disspair coming from a club with unbalanced squad, lacking depth in defense.

Cuadrado was bought for big money, barely started an oficial match, was discarded as a waste 6 months later and the club is buying a guy who is not good enough for Barcelona and would be a squad player for United or City, but will be a starting 11 here.

When you see what clubs like Liverpool, United, City and Arsenal are doing, theres 0 reason to be optimistic.

2013 the future looked exciting. Squad offered many options and team needed some adjustments. The squad is getting weaker season after season.

I honestly don't think we can attract the likes of Isco/reus/pogba, etc with Mou in charge. I think all this negative media surronding his tactics in recent years has a had a inverse effect on potential incoming players.

I don't think they want to come here to park the bus against top compeittion or worse be benched in favor of a more defensive player. Most talkChelsea members say only result matter, but potential players would disagree. People here are ok with extreme mundane results and tactics but still want to sign shiny new toys. Sorry you can't have it both ways.

Let's face it barca rejects Is the best we can do. But at least Pedro provides an added deminsion to our team and more competition.

Those players you mentioned signed because of a notion of a new era of Chelsea football and an exciting project. I feel people are crazy to think that Hazard would sign here if he saw current Chelsea football.

That is exactly my observation. Since Jose came he has managed to increase the average age of the squad from 24. For three consecutive season he has brought in three washed up old strikers, and two of those were his former players, and one being a player of his agent. So he could have gradually Bamford and Solanke since his return if he has a long term plan for the club. I guess winning an under-20 CL doe not mean anything to him. He has also reduced the creativity of the team considerably and has zero plans to play attractive football.

Sorry what?

The problem before Jose came back was too much long term planning, apart from Cech we didn't have one single player in the squad that was top bracket or even just under in their prime, we either had potential or expuerenced players past their prime, or rubbish.

Long term is such an overrated cliche in football, if we didn't sign Eto'o for a year we would have probably struggled for top 4, Drogba came back as a squad player because of his dressing room impact, helped the mentality of the squad turned them into winner's and has now left a hero again, just because you sign some expierence at times doesn't mean you are short sighted, far from it. Although Falcao is looking pointless I'll agree there.

As for no plans to play attractive football, I take it you missed the first 6 months of last season?

Why did you have to put that in my mind...

Because whether we like it or not, Barca and Madrid are the top bracket, we can build as good a team as them in a unit, but they will always have first dibs on 90% of the superstars.