West Brom v Chelsea

Jase

While I understand what you're aiming at, I find it easy to find arguments against your post.

Ivanovic started yes, but we had only Azpi and Ivanovic as full backs at the club. That alone limits everything.

As for Falcao and Remy, Remy was absolutely awful in the pre season for me, and whenever he has played he hasn't impressed. He got the nod against Arsenal and wasn't up to the task. Falcao on the other side at least had some awesome movement whenever he was on. It's not much, but deserved his chances ahead of Remy more from me.

And if someone is suggesting Remy proved last season he can make an impact, I ask do you want players judged on their previous season or on today's games?

We wouldn't have been down to 5 defenders if better rotation (read dropping and resting players when out of form) had not alienated so many of squad players, making them want to leave. Luis would have still been around if Mourinho had handled him better.

Please, if preseason games actually mattered in Mourinho's decision making, we wouldn't have been able to find an XI to take the field against Swansea, given how ours went. So yes, believe it or not but form and performances from last season actually impact selection for the first few weeks of the next - and lest we forget Remy ended 14/15 with 2 goals ... Falcao? Being horrendous for Colombia.

u can call it a meaningless game, but that does not change the fact that we played our whole first team to try and win the match.

falcao was much better than remy against arsenal. his movement was really good. as was it against the swans. i hope u wont mind me not judging him on the city game when the likes of cesc and hazard could not pass the ball 5 metres without it going to a city player. or that when costa got the ball, it meant he did a torres and fell on the ground, that iva having the ball was akin to man city attacking. hardly a game to judge falcao on.

It's not me who's calling it meaningless - Mr Mourinho himself threw his runners up medal in the crowd. Perhaps selecting the full strength team had to do with our short pre season?

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ruben on Facebook: "Working hard in training this week! Looking forward to the game this weekend." - Its very interesting, because he always write like that when he was taking a chance to play.

3 points is neccessary this time. We need to bounce off the bottom. Can't wait for the new faces debuts, think Rahman should play in first '11' cause Brana's form is tragic.

Oscar and Moses injured. Pedro and Rahman unsure for this match.

Possible lineup - Courtois - Ivanovic/Cahill/Terry/Azpi - Matic/Fabregas/Ramires - Hazard/Willian - Costa?

I'd prefer play with Ola Aina as a Right Back than play Iva. His performance is very poor and he play like that by several months. I think it's good time to First Squad debut for Baba, Rahman on the left, Cesar on the Right, CB's duo in shape of Zouma and Gary. If Oscar's injury story is true, we should play Pedro on the right as well, I dont want to see Cuadrado or Rami on the right wing anymore. We have Traore,Willian,Pedro available on this game and i think we should use them as a first choice above Colombian or Brazilian.

Think it'll be an identical formation and lineup as the City game but with Courtois instead of Begovic.

Pedro will make a late sub appearance for Ramires or Willian.

If the lineup is the same as the City game, I don't see us beating West Brom

If the lineup is the same as the City game, I don't see us beating West Brom

I think we will but it'll be really ugly and a grind. Don't think our players will allow a defeat here.