Jase

Man of the Match?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again we were better of the worst lot, that resulted in lifting the title.

Anyone else feeling a little concerned about Hazard's play? Some times he seems like Ronaldo to me, goes missing when the team needs his magic. Or is it that the other players playing so bad that he loses interest?

I feel he gets very little help. You watch the likes of Arsenal and Man City when in the box and there is typically a lot of players moving, making runs, etc and we seem to stand still a lot, waiting for that perfect look or opportunity that does not come.

It seems with Cesc being rubbish for awhile has really hurt everyone, including Hazard. Really need Oscar to step it up and for the entire year.

Just my quick thoughts. :D

Mate I pointed out problems with Hazard's inconsistency a few weeks back, Falcao being a bad signing, Costa's form not upto it and Jose's big game tactic will get found out this season, all proven to be true so far :ph34r: I hate to say 'I told you so' but it kinda have to sound something like that.

Yeah, we will see about Hazard (that was what our discussion was about). I bet you in two years he will be the bomb for Chelsea (even more than now ) you think him inconsistent, but he just won us the league, was the the best player. Also was the best youth player (twice - France and here) best player in France as well. M

Inconsistent means he doesnt perform over years. Ever since he was at Lille he performed - every period here he performed better. Fact. You cherry pick mate. Shame on you.

Costa and Mou - another discussion. Check out what I say about that instead of generalising.

Yeah, we will see about Hazard (that was what our discussion was about). I bet you in two years he will be the bomb for Chelsea (even more than now ) you think him inconsistent, but he just won us the league, was the the best player. Also was the best youth player (twice - France and here) best player in France as well. M

Inconsistent means he doesnt perform over years. Ever since he was at Lille he performed - every period here he performed better. Fact. You cherry pick mate. Shame on you.

Costa and Mou - another discussion. Check out what I say about that instead of generalising.

When did I said Hazard wasn't performing for us? him being inconsistent and him not performing for us are completely different things, obviously he performed greatly for us that is why he won POTY award.

In 2 years unless he picks up a serious injury he obviously should improve, if he doesn't then it is worrying. In 2 years I would expect a player like him to get around 20 goals/assists annually and perform a bit more consistent in bigger games.

Man City only signed 1 player in their starting XI. The difference between us and them is in the quality of football produced, not in new signings. The excuse about a lack of signings is wearing thin. That's the lesser problem.

Having Yaya back in form (with head in right place) is like having new world class player in team. But i agree with your point

but he's right... <_<

No Team without Eva... :Goober:

Yea he is right.. That's what makes it even more aggrivating bro!

I can't stand the fella. That team picks itself.

He is hardly a mastermind behind their football. City played the same way under Mancini but with less quality players.

He hardly choses the transfers.. They just buy every big name available.

He thinks he is more of tactical genius than Jose.

It's laughable.. Let's watch him win the CL with the likes of Porto.

When did I said Hazard wasn't performing for us? him being inconsistent and him not performing for us are completely different things, obviously he performed greatly for us that is why he won POTY award.

In 2 years unless he picks up a serious injury he obviously should improve, if he doesn't then it is worrying. In 2 years I would expect a player like him to get around 20 goals/assists annually and perform a bit more consistent in bigger games.

My entire argumentation was about consistency. He is quite consistent. If you look up his stats, he gets quite close to 20/20 every year (he had a dip one year in Chelsea, but had a super year in Lille as well).

Plus, he is the one that we need. Nom nom nom

I0YnpG3.gif

We did become a bit better second half..until they started scoring anyway.Chances but didnt finish/take them.City deserved the win and so glad got that game out the way!They look like a completely different side from last year though saying that so do we

Only positive I take from this is that if pre-season and our opening game against Swansea did not wake the board up, this game certainly has. Even when you are champions by a clear distance in a league like this and other rivals are spending, you cannot just stay still and think the squad does not need strengthening. We need some more quality in the squad. Whole team was awful. I will exempt Hazard as he was the only one trying, linking up with players and causing a threat and Cuadrado bar the 3rd goal actually showed signs of encouragement

Costa was beyond awful. Not only did he he get handled, he went down at every opportunity and did not battle like the warrior he usually is and what annoyed me even more is that he did not even play to the whistle. He instead chose to complain when he could have easily tried to fight back for the ball on 2 occasions. As strange as it sounds, I think we would have got ripped apart even more with Terry in the team. The 2 goals we conceded were not our CB fault tbh. But, wow we really need to improve. Fabregas was beyond awful too. His passing, positioning and everything was just poor.

Worrying thing is the signs we saw creeping towards the end of last season have shown no signs of improvement. I know in a few weeks/months time we hopefully will overlook this result and talk about the dramatic change in form. Champions come back stronger and never lie down.

I agree with most of what you wrote except Fabregas, he was without doubt our best midfielder. Got stuck in all over the pitch, won tackles, passed it effectively.

We couldn't make that incisive pass today but that had nothing to do with Fab we were just not at all on the same page today.

Clearly the holes are in defense, Jose went to the Etihad didn't park the bus and it exposed our piss poor back line.

All last season we protected Terry and Cahill by playing a lower block, everyone complained about the style of play. Now that we move the line up people complain about how poor we are defending.

In truth we just don't have the personnel to play that way (at least not yet) what today showed me is how well Jose has assessed our problem areas. We need a boss CB(Stones) and hopefully Rahman is good enough to get Azpi back on the right.