Man City 3-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

CMivX4DVAAE8irm.jpg

Well that's disappointing. Linesman is never giving that though and I can understand why. Really wish the offside rule required clear daylight between defender and forward. It would result in fewer errors cutting down on levels of speculation and controversy whilst allowing more goals but still being strict enough to avoid ending the game with a cricket score.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/08/match-report--manchester-city-v-chelsea-.html

Match report says Ramires incorrectly called offside which social media is all over as 'biased'. :D

What do you expect in a match report from a club website? He was onside anyway.

Did you go FB? Had a good laugh on Saturday night lol

But Rami was offside bruv. Didnt let the Ref think that tho. Linesman got a right earful

Did you go FB? Had a good laugh on Saturday night lol

But Rami was offside bruv. Didnt let the Ref think that tho. Linesman got a right earful

No, glad I swerved that one. Hope the trip back wasnt too D and G.

Could you tell Rambo was off when you were there ? -looked tight as a nuns snatch on TV and they said he was onside. Atkinson was swayed a lot by the Citeh crowd by the looks of things.

If I'm not mistaken the rule is any part of the anatomy you can score goals with has to be onside. To me looks like Ramires' head is off. I could be wrong though.

He looked in line with Sagna's foot in that image. It was a marginal decision and when face with a 50-50 scenario, the linesman should really give the benefit of the doubt to the attacking team.

No, glad I swerved that one. Hope the trip back wasnt too D and G.

Could you tell Rambo was off when you were there ? -looked tight as a nuns snatch on TV and they said he was onside. Atkinson was swayed a lot by the Citeh crowd by the looks of things.

No to be honest I couldnt see if it was or not but its a case of us vs them mentality at Citeh and youve got to fught for everything we can get..

Difficult getting to grips with new rules.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/9940965/rule-changes-in-the-premier-league-what-is-new-this-season

He looked in line with Sagna's foot in that image. It was a marginal decision and when face with a 50-50 scenario, the linesman should really give the benefit of the doubt to the attacking team.

Ya when you look at it in freeze frame you can yell at the official all day long.

Ya when you look at it in freeze frame you can yell at the official all day long.

Sarcasm much?

The only reason I can think why the linesman raised the offside flag was because he couldn't see Sagna clearly on the far side with one of our players nearby him.

Its exactly for incidents like this we need to bring in an off pitch ref using video playback technolgy. In this day and age its fuckin ridiculous not to take advantage of anything that can help the game.

Sarcasm much?

The only reason I can think why the linesman raised the offside flag was because he couldn't see Sagna clearly on the far side with one of our players nearby him.

Am I the only one that thought he was offside? I only saw the replay once where they froze it and drew the line and I thought it showed him being off. Yes, on the replay, the line made him look right in line with the defender, but his head was much further forward than his feet and the line showed where his feet were.

It is not just feet that count. It is any body part that can be used to play the ball. So your arms don't count but your head and torso do.

Like you said earlier, the benefit of the doubt goes to the attacker if they are perfectly even, but in the end, I unfortunately think he made the right call.

Am I the only one that thought he was offside? I only saw the replay once where they froze it and drew the line and I thought it showed him being off. Yes, on the replay, the line made him look right in line with the defender, but his head was much further forward than his feet and the line showed where his feet were.

It is not just feet that count. It is any body part that can be used to play the ball. So your arms don't count but your head and torso do.

Like you said earlier, the benefit of the doubt goes to the attacker if they are perfectly even, but in the end, I unfortunately think he made the right call.

It was a tight decision, marginal at best. Ramires' head or body wasn't exactly sticking out into a clear offside position. Linesman should have just given us the advantage.

It was a tight decision, marginal at best. Ramires' head or body wasn't exactly sticking out into a clear offside position. Linesman should have just given us the advantage.

Yea I agree with what you mean but at the end of the day, I can't complain about it because as close as it was, it ended up being the right call I thought.

Its exactly for incidents like this we need to bring in an off pitch ref using video playback technolgy. In this day and age its fuckin ridiculous not to take advantage of anything that can help the game.

That one is difficult for the playback technology.

The defenders will say we stopped after the flag was raised and they scored in dead time.

That one is difficult for the playback technology.

The defenders will say we stopped after the flag was raised and they scored in dead time.

But the off pitch ref has all the evidence in front of him and his decision must be final. Nobody can argue with video evidence.

Just imagine how match results might have been different if it had always been availabl. Even goal line technology.

But the off pitch ref has all the evidence in front of him and his decision must be final. Nobody can argue with video evidence.

Just imagine how match results might have been different if it had always been availabl. Even goal line technology.

They already do it in water polo, don't they.

It can be done. One needs to carefully define a hierarchy in the decision making process - not an impossible task.

Thus for instance the video ref can readily change a throw in decision if given to the wrong side.

In the case of offside decisions I 'm afraid it has to be the linesman on the ground who decides. How can you tell the players, you go back and stand there, you take the ball and run again ?