Antonio Candreva

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/4/2016 at 9:11 AM, Pizy said:

At a time when so many clubs are buying, using, and having great success with younger players it's sort of weird/concerning that we're being linked with older (in football terms, obviously) players.

Surely instead of going for Lichtsteiner who will turn 33 halfway through the season and Candreva who will turn 30 halfway through the season, we should be targeting much younger and better players who can give us years of quality service? Players who have room for improvement and aren't already declining or at their peak.

nothing wrong with acquiring a vet who understands how Conte wants to play. ESPECIALLY since we'll have an abbreviated training camp.

What we do with him though? One winger must surely be on his way out if we're bidding for him.
Unless we're going to use him as RB :lol: Vast improvement over Ivanovic.
I'm confused.

Maybe him, Hazard or Willian will play as the number 10. But then that would mean we're going to keep using the 4-2-3-1 and I really don't even want to think about it.
Unless we're going to use a 4-4-2 Diamond. Interesting idea.
If it's a winger for a winger I hope it's Pedro who goes.

18 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

What we do with him though? One winger must surely be on his way out if we're bidding for him.
Unless we're going to use him as RB :lol: Vast improvement over Ivanovic.
I'm confused.

Maybe him, Hazard or Willian will play as the number 10. But then that would mean we're going to keep using the 4-2-3-1 and I really don't even want to think about it.
Unless we're going to use a 4-4-2 Diamond. Interesting idea.
If it's a winger for a winger I hope it's Pedro who goes.

We don't even know what shape Conte wants to play. The thing I like about Candreva is he can play a variety of roles for the team, very good squad player. And he puts in a decent cross!

Just now, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

We don't even know what shape Conte wants to play. The thing I like about Candreva is he can play a variety of roles for the team, very good squad player. And he puts in a decent cross!

My money is on 4-4-2 Flat. Maybe 4-3-3

Imagine we are actually ploting a 3-3-4? I think Pedro may very well be off, along with Cuadrado, which will make this move a very good one, imo. Candreva is a great technical winger and unlike Willian and Hazard, he hugs the touchline, relying on movement and pinpoint crosses. Not a bad dribbler, neither a bad penalty taker and definitely and experienced player who can play whereever needed. I would like him here, but if he is coming I am expecting us to play 3-5-2, don't know why...Just see him on RWB and Azpi/Baba being the defensive outlet on the LWB. Guess, it is just me, but I would be happy with getting him.

He's obviously a very good, direct, highly skilled player but man....I wish he was about 5 years younger. Is it truly wise to sign a 30 year old wide player whose game is heavily reliant on pace? I'm just not sure.

I'll trust Conte. 

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

He's obviously a very good, direct, highly skilled player but man....I wish he was about 5 years younger. Is it truly wise to sign a 30 year old wide player whose game is heavily reliant on pace? I'm just not sure.

I'll trust Conte. 

We need to get a few players in who understand how Conte wants to play from the get go, it will help accelerate the learning curve.  I think he'll be utilized more as a squad guy than a featured XI player.

4 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

We need to get a few players in who understand how Conte wants to play from the get go, it will help accelerate the learning curve.  I think he'll be utilized more as a squad guy than a featured XI player.

I don't know. If the reported fee is accurate that's pretty expensive for a squad player. I definitely think he'd be going straight into the first XI.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You