Antonio Candreva

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, It's too big said:

Yeah, I doubt it. Reports in Italy claim around 20m-25m (around 18m euros). I don't believe we're going to pay that much for a 30 year old

These days £18M won't get you a player of the same calibre who's also younger.

I don't really see a problem with that price, for a three year contract that's like £6M per year on the fee which to me sounds pretty normal. Of course there's no resale value at the end of that contract but that hardly matters, we're not talking about crazy money there and right now the age structure of the squad is really young so having one more seasoned player is only a good thing. 

Ten years ago signing a 30yo pretty much meant getting player at his absolute peak but nowadays people get scared of the age and personally I think it's ridiculous. People compare real life football way too much for FIFA or FM where signing players over the age 25 is almost unheard of. 

Great price!

He is too old? Look at the bigger picture - we "sold" Ivanović, Terry, Costa, Matić, "bought" Moses, Rudiger, Morata and Bakayoko. We are actually really really good, age-wise.

One 30 year-old means nothing.

27 minutes ago, the wes said:

According to reports if Inter get Keita Baldé Diao then they will sell Candreva 

Nonsense. You don't need to get someone in order to sell.

The same excuses was said about Alex Sandro. 

Just people coming up with shenanigans to generate click and bait. 

19 minutes ago, Jype said:

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/inter-candreva-untouchable-and-perisic-could-stay-the-latest

Di Marzio saying Candreva at the moment is considered 'untouchable' at Inter, no offer has been made by Chelsea.

Every person we are linked with just gets shot down lol.

• 2 weeks later...

GDS has unconfirmed reports we agreed for Candreva. I am a fan of his (my italian bias) I think he would do really well for us and he will age out as Dujon Sterling hopefully comes into his own. Candreva/Moses/Azpi(RWB cover) firms that position up for me. 

I've watched him back in his Lazio days. He can play both as a winger, number 10 role and he can do a decent job in our 2 man central midfield if needed. A squad player at first glance, but we're lacking depth so severely and that's going to make him a great signing for us.

Its not really the most important area at all though. We have Hazard, Willian, Pedro, Musonda and Boga right now that can play there. 
At the same time, we have no cover for Alonso, no effective cover for Bakayoko/Kante and still a RWB that needs an improvement. 

1 hour ago, Rekin said:

Its not really the most important area at all though. We have Hazard, Willian, Pedro, Musonda and Boga right now that can play there. 
At the same time, we have no cover for Alonso, no effective cover for Bakayoko/Kante and still a RWB that needs an improvement. 

I think he's come in and play RWB.  Conte has used him there for Italy.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You