Predictions for 2015/16 season?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Assuming no Sexy signings (in CM/CAM/ST) are made for CFC and Man City.

PL: Think it will be tight af between Us and City. City have doubled down on their philosphy of attacking/scoring teams to oblivion, and wouldn't be surprised to see many 4-1 scorlines from them. But lets not forget Yaya Toure was abysmal in CM in the spring and they still haven't corrected that issue. I'm not saying Yaya's trash, but you never which Yaya will show up it seems. Is Delph the answer? I doubt it. Will Aguero stay healthy? Reports are he's going to miss the begininng of the season. Will City's defense be solid? Kompany/Mangala had season's to forget.

As for Chelsea FC. We're placing a lot of hope in many different players.

Oscar: Will he make the jump, be more consistent, be trusted in big games? Rambo: will he be a viable option in Midfield and return to 2012 form and score goals?

Moses: Will he be our super sub of sorts, help create havoc for the defense, and score the timely goals? Traore: WIll he adapt to the PL, and hopefully score a couple goals, and grow as a player? He's only a youngin so patience will be needed Mikel: Will he be healthy this season (was out for large stretches last season) and be our answer to the Big game crisis? Falcao: WIll he play so well and make JM find ways to put him in the starting XI maybe even a 442? Cuadrado: Will he stop his frequent meetings with the floor?

These are many questions. And you got to ask yourself how many do you think will come good? I'm not entirely confident in many of those players but I so hope they prove me wrong. Also, our run-in in the begining of the season is difficult AF! West Brom/Man City/Everton/West Ham away all before October. Jesus! Wonder how we'll do.

FA Cup: I think we'll go far, been way too long since we last won it, and there's no way Arsenal are winning it 3x over. I like our chances, and our history with the Cup has been great, at least Semi's imo, if not Final.

COC: I think another Bradford City type of loss where we lose to a Championship/League One Level team. It's Chelsea, and when we lose it seems to be in heart-breaking fashion.

Champions League: Think we'll may be bounced in Quarters. And we draw a team like Real Madrid/Atletico Madrid. Also wouldn'be be surpised if we drew Real Madrid in our Group Stage tbh.

This is not me being pessimistic. Just trying to look at things realistically. City have issues like every other team, and it'll be interesting to see if they prevail or not. With Man United, i just think they'll lose steam either in the beginning or end at some point. Their beginning schedule is easy on the eye with a lot of tough matches at home. They'll be in the thick of things no doubt, might even lead the table for the first couple months, but subsequently either Us or City take charge.

Arsenal: :lol:. Play well either 1st or 2nd half of season, suffer a lot of injuries, rinse repeat.

It seems the general consensus are either overly pessimistic or will consider it a failure if we don't win the world cup or something.

I would like us to win everything of course, however i would predict an extremely close title fight. Deep run in the both the domestic cup competions, maybe binking one but cup comps are by their very nature high varience. And CL semi final.

People saying we are a failure if we don't win the most prestigious club cup competion in the world are crazy and i would like a pint of whatever they are drinking.

well, first I found out I don't usually make predictions.

Second, the ones I do (player related) are way off the mark, so I should stop there.

Third, I honestly have no idea what to predict about us this season. I was quite certain I had predicted us to win the title last season, but couldn't find a post to back me up. I was certain we would win. But this season seems so open, I don't know what to expect.

I think we won't end the season trophyless but I don't know if we'll win the league either because the competition is tough.

For the sake of trying to predict I say we'll win the FA Cup and will finish either 1st or 2nd in the league.

This season it's tough to predict. Depends on what competition are we going to target mainly. I don't think we can win both CL and PL because frankly we don't have the depth required and the rivals are getting stronger domestically and in Europe. I think we will however win one of these if we are smart and focus mainly in it.

take into account this list is a what i think will happen not what i want list. so no bias is given.

KEVIN ARNOLD ASHBURNER 2015-2016 BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE SEASON – PREDICTION

PREDICTION DATE : TUESDAY 28 JULY 2015

COMPLETED TIME : 25 MINUTES

COMPLETED BY : 21:50 / 9:50 pm [ NZST – NEW ZEALAND STANDARD TIME ]

COMPLETED BY : TUESDAY 28 JULY 2015 – 10:50 am [ ENGLAND TIME – BST ]

CURRENTLY 12 HOURS AHEAD of UTC/GMT TIME

THOUGHTS ON WHY I DIDN’T ADD CHELSEA FC – 1ST BECAUSE I HAVE BAD LUCK WHEN GIVING PREDICTIONS FOR MY TEAM AND FOR BIAS FOR MY TEAM.

1. MANCHESTER CITY FC

2. CHELSEA FC

3. ARSENAL FC

4. MANCHESTER UNITED FC

5. LIVERPOOL FC

6. TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC

7. STOKE CITY FC

8. SOUTHAMPTON FC

9. EVERTON FC

10. SWANSEA CITY AFC

11. NORWICH CITY FC

12. WEST BROMWICH ALBION FC

13. WEST HAM UNITED FC

14. CRYSTAL PALACE FC

15. AFC BOURNEMOUTH

16. SUNDERLAND AFC

17. WATFORD FC

18. LEICESTER CITY FC

19. ASTON VILLA FC

20. NEWCASTLE UNITED FC

For some reason almost every other fan forums think we are gonna win the title again :D

Redcafe, RAWK, arsenal sites all think we are still favorite. Bluemoon are full of deluded supporters though, thinking if Kompany is fit and Yaya is back to 13-14 form they will win it again easily

take into account this list is a what i think will happen not what i want list. so no bias is given.

KEVIN ARNOLD ASHBURNER 2015-2016 BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE SEASON – PREDICTION

PREDICTION DATE : TUESDAY 28 JULY 2015

COMPLETED TIME : 25 MINUTES

COMPLETED BY : 21:50 / 9:50 pm [ NZST – NEW ZEALAND STANDARD TIME ]

COMPLETED BY : TUESDAY 28 JULY 2015 – 10:50 am [ ENGLAND TIME – BST ]

CURRENTLY 12 HOURS AHEAD of UTC/GMT TIME

THOUGHTS ON WHY I DIDN’T ADD CHELSEA FC – 1ST BECAUSE I HAVE BAD LUCK WHEN GIVING PREDICTIONS FOR MY TEAM AND FOR BIAS FOR MY TEAM.

1. MANCHESTER CITY FC

2. CHELSEA FC

3. ARSENAL FC

4. MANCHESTER UNITED FC

5. LIVERPOOL FC

6. TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC

7. STOKE CITY FC

8. SOUTHAMPTON FC

9. EVERTON FC

10. SWANSEA CITY AFC

11. NORWICH CITY FC

12. WEST BROMWICH ALBION FC

13. WEST HAM UNITED FC

14. CRYSTAL PALACE FC

15. AFC BOURNEMOUTH

16. SUNDERLAND AFC

17. WATFORD FC

18. LEICESTER CITY FC

19. ASTON VILLA FC

20. NEWCASTLE UNITED FC

William Hill offer you £50m for predicting the entire EPL table mate. Runs out on 22nd of August so go on and have a shot if you feel lucky.

Prem Predictor costs £2 to enter, you can have 250 entries and it closes on the 22nd August or when 1m entries are made
£50m will be won if anyone predicts the exact finishing order of this season’s Premier League
£100k is the guaranteed prize for the closest prediction if nobody wins the £50m
£100k Spot Prize – a further £100k prize will be given out during the season to the player whose predictions are correct at the random time of the spot prize

William Hill offer you £50m for predicting the entire EPL table mate. Runs out on 22nd of August so go on and have a shot if you feel lucky.

Prem Predictor costs £2 to enter, you can have 250 entries and it closes on the 22nd August or when 1m entries are made

£50m will be won if anyone predicts the exact finishing order of this season’s Premier League

£100k is the guaranteed prize for the closest prediction if nobody wins the £50m

£100k Spot Prize – a further £100k prize will be given out during the season to the player whose predictions are correct at the random time of the spot prize

link please

MANDATORY.

Win Premier League again to consolidate our hegemony in English football.

2. Play and win (at least) a final at Wembley, preferably FA CUP.

3. Reach Semifinals in the Champions League. And then only luck knows what can happen. * Luck = When the job done right find his opportunity.

4. Win Community Shield.

Necessary.

1. To see how Zouma and other young players are consolidated in our starting eleven. I trust RLC.

GO BLUES!

chelseaheartapng.png

Regards to ALL.

Premier League

1. Chelsea

Even though we haven't strengthened massively I think the Mourinho factor will be huge. A lot of our younger players will now have the experience of winning the league. It will certainly be a lot tougher than last year though.

2. Manchester City

Again they have not really improved their team so far this summer (I don't see Sterling as an improvement) but I expect them to fight a lot harder this season like they did in 2013/14 when they had defended their title poorly the season before. It is an ageing side though.

3. Arsenal

I'm not buying this title challenging lark until they invest in a world class centre back to partner Koscielny and a world class striker. If they were to get Benzema, Cavani or Higuain then they would be in business though.

4. Manchester United

Again, I'm not buying them as title challengers until they sort their defence. You won't win the league with Smalling and Jones. They are also quite short of striking options bar Rooney. I expect an improvement but they won't challenge for the title.

5. Liverpool

I don't think they are a better side than Spurs, I just think they have more strength in depth to cope with playing Thursday and Sunday. It will be tough for them to break into the top 4 and I don't see Rodgers there this time next year.

6. They are used to finishing in this sort of position. Will be a standard Tottenham season.

7. Everton

Won't have Europa to distract them so will improve vastly on last season. They actually did quite well in the league when they were knocked out of Europe

8. Swansea City

With the addition of Ayew and the likes of Gomis and Montero finding their feet in English football I think they will do very well.

9. Stoke City

They've actually got a very good squad now.

10. Crystal Palace

If they play like they did during the back end of last season they will do well. Not the best squad of individuals but as a team could be very dangerous.

11. Southampton

Seem to have a good enough squad to cope with Europe. I just feel like it could go wrong for them. I don't know why and they should finish higher than 11th. I just feel that they won't for some reason and Koeman will go at the end of the season.

12. West Brom

Standard Tony Pulis season. What it says on the tin.

13. West Ham

With or without Europe I don't think they will do very well. Short of options in attack and now Valencia is injured they might not do too well. If they finish 15th or lower Bilic will be gone IMO.

14. Newcastle

For some reason I think they will start really well and it will be enough to keep them up. Can't do much worse than under Carver even if the team lacks quality.

15. Leicester City

If they start well they will be fine. If not Ranieri will come under a lot of pressure. They just need to play like they did second half of last season but without that prick Pearson.

16. Sunderland

Just a standard Sunderland season featuring flirts with relegation and hilarious defensive errors.

17. Norwich City

Have kept a lot of players from when they were last in the Premier League. Alex Neil seems to know what he's doing. It will be tough but I think they will survive.

18. Aston Villa

Every year they get tipped for relegation but it never happens. Feel like they could do a Fulham and just slip out this year now Benteke has gone. They haven't improved the team much and Sherwood doesn't strike me as someone who would benefit the club in the long run. I expect him to be gone by January.

19. Bournemouth

I really hope they do well. I'm expecting them to do a Blackpool and start well while trying to play the 'right sort of way' but ultimately feel like they could go down on the last day like Blackpool.

20. Watford

I don't expect so many new signings to gel so quickly and the club generally seems a bit unstable.

Sherwood, Rodgers, Pellegrini, Koeman, Advocaat and Flores to not be at their current clubs this time next season. Flores to be sacked first.

Middlesborough, Hull and Wolves to be promoted.

Barca to win the Champions League