Is Chelsea’s Lampard really worth £150,000 a week?

Is Chelsea’s Lampard really worth £150,000 a week?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Is Chelsea?s Lampard really worth £150,000 a week?

• yes
    • no

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frank Lampard is worth every penny to Chelsea FC. He pulls in the crowd and his shirt sales alone must be worth an absolute fortune. I have read in countless rags and on lots of websites how we should let him go now and bring Deco in instead. I believe that people who have written this drivel, doesn't watch Frank week in and week out. There were people on this website saying we could do without him during our early poor run, and just look at the change when he came back. Frank is a Blues legend and will be talked about in years to come alongside Ossie and Zola and co. Anyone who can't see that, has no business supporting Chelsea imo.

I voted yes, but if he does get that amount it will open up whole new can of worms. :whistling:

Where do we put a lid on this? JT will want the same amount, Ballack will want the same...... :rolleyes:

So much for being financially viable in 2 years time....or was that just a smoke screen to keep the taxman of our backs?? :eyebrows:

Couldn't care less how much any player earns really, so if that is what we have to pay to keep him here then do it. There is no midfielder like Frank anywhere.

Although i don't think that is the figure we will have to pay to keep him. It is aparently going to be the same as JT, Sheva and Ballack are on, which you have to say is fair.

Can just about remember the apoplectic headlines when Greaves was on £100 a week. :) People thought it was outrageous. Difference was, the average wage was about £10 per week. You cant tell me that the averge wage now is £15 000 per week.

It is too much for what they do -but the popular game draws billions of viewers that pay the TV companies that pays the clubs, so the money is there.....same reason why it attracts millionaire investors to make them even richer .....

Bottom line is our pay structure is ridiculous. Whereas its ok to have players like JT and Lampard earning the same (even if it is an obscene amount), when you compare what someone like Shevchenko is on compared to Carvalho (who's contribution and actual value to Chelsea on the pitch is unquestionable) it's laughable.

Can just about remember the apoplectic headlines when Greaves was on £100 a week. :) People thought it was outrageous. Difference was, the average wage was about £10 per week. You cant tell me that the averge wage now is £15 000 per week.

It is too much for what they do -but the popular game draws billions of viewers that pay the TV companies that pays the clubs, so the money is there.....same reason why it attracts millionaire investors to make them even richer .....

Wages are certainly too high, but you can't compare it to a regular job. If the players were not earning those salaries then the extra money would just go into the owners pockets anyway...

Bottom line is our pay structure is ridiculous. Whereas its ok to have players like JT and Lampard earning the same (even if it is an obscene amount), when you compare what someone like Shevchenko is on compared to Carvalho (who's contribution and actual value to Chelsea on the pitch is unquestionable) it's laughable.

well when sheva signed he was the best around and his wages had to mean that.. i don't think sheva has had his contract renewed.. and i'd be really suprised if he gets one with a major wage boost..

and goal scoreres in general do earn a tad higher than the defenders..

i would personally wish that carvalho be on par with jt and lamps and sheva and so should cech but theres a reason we aren't handling the club finances.. :P