• Zouma
    • Fabregas
    • Oscar
    • Costa
    • Hazard
    • Willian (sub)
    • Drogba (sub)
    • Remy (sub)

Stating the obvious but that was a HUGE win against West Ham. Massive 3 points especially after we only played the final on Sunday. Really not sure how did we not concede from all those West Ham onslaughts. Got lucky on several occasions but then again, we had just as many chances to score as well. Just can't believe by our lack of decisiveness in the final third. Almost flipped the table at that late Willian shot when Hazard chose to pass it instead. :doh: Overall, it wasn't pretty but that might have been one of our better showings in 2015. We looked a threat going forward (with the exception of not finishing chances) and actually dug deep to grind out the result.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We just cannot cope defensively against teams that press us. I lost count of the number of crosses and chances they created from our right side. We got the 3 points though and that's all that matters. And how did Willian not score? :lol:

Really? how many times have we lost this season? You'd think we were midtable with the assertion you say that with

Jesus MAN SHITTY have an easy run in

Hardly any threats :(

Utd and Spurs will bottle it

How do they? Spurs are in form, United aren't easy to beat... I'd say our run in is even slightly easier. Old Trafford away is a toughie. Spurs away is a toughie. Southampton and West Ham at home, Crystal Palace and Swansea away aren't exactly easy games either for them.

Their run in is not easy.

How can anyone be negative? We just won the CC a couple of days ago, We got 3 points at a very tough ground against a team that has taken points from some big teams, Won 2/2 without the best Dm in the world, Won 2/2 playing a 20 year old centre back in midfield and we have 5 points clear with a game in hand. Enjoy it! :drunk:

I don't think anybody is being negative..just relieved that we came away with a result

Just a few observations I had on what I would call a workmanlike performance from Chelsea.

1. We got away with a gamble playing Zouma out of position in back to back games. His instincts had him much to deep and we surrendered a lot of space just outside of the 18. Matic is back now so order will be restored.

2. Cesc, when tired is a shambolic defender. On a few occasions late in the game he just let players jog around him with no effort at all to get back in position, it was scary. Matic is back now so order will be restored.

3. It was clear to me that the midfield provided little stability and were often beaten to second balls off of aerials. The guys were tired, Zouma didn't know where to be and Ramires, while putting in a great shift, was all over the place in the midfield. Matic is back now order will be restored.

4. We had nothing on the bench to change the problems we were having, for this I say this is a huge win since they found our weakness and exploited it but never scored. Jose must be breathing a HUGE sigh of relief!

5. Hazard is unplayable. If you don't bring him down he will hurt you.

6. Today was the first time in a long while I felt we were getting the rub of the green from the refereeing decisions, there were a couple that could've went either way and the majority of them went to Chelsea.

7. Ramires had a bossy game, he is the perfect squad player because what he does well will always be an asset at any point in the game. He deserved a goal worked his ass off.

8. Courtois was phenomenal... I don't think world football has seen a team that has two keepers of the calibre of Cech and Thibault.

All in all I thought this win has perfectly set us up for the rest of the season, I'm not gonna say what I actually feel because I don't want to seem as though I'm getting ahead of myself. A bookie already paid out....

Flip a coin between Tibo and Hazard for MOTM if you ask me. Ended up picking the big Belgian but both had fantastic games. Also thought Cahill put in a solid shift which was good to see. His confidence can't exactly be at an all time high after shaky performances and then having to watch big Kurt step up and do the job.

As usual we don't make it easy but 3pts in the bank it is. Bring on the Parisians!!!

Their midfield was getting the ball up front way too easy.

Also Hazard sold the ball once and he did it against Burnley too - trying to get through a wall of men infront of their box. If you do that in the flanks and you lose the ball it's no danger for the defense but not in there.

Who would have thought after the Burnley game that we will beat both Spurs and Hammers without Matic, brilliant.

That's why I said people overreacting about Matic absent at the first place. It is seems we're doomed already back then.

Hahahahahaha :lol:

But if the FA had not suspended him, then he would have had shin pads AND tape, and not got injured, and played. Or got injured or sent off in the actual game. Or something else. Infinite possibilites.

The doesn't mean that if the FA hadn't suspended him he would have been injured anyway...

3 more points, Matic is back, we missed him but managed 2 wins and 2 clean sheets, so have to be positive about that.

Courtois, Hazard and Ramires were excellent. Ramires MOTM for me. If he had scored when he hit the post it would have been one of the most incisive counter-attack goals of all time.

Fabregas looks knackered or unfit, he was really off the pace. Diego looked like Diego when we are not giving him much service. Ineffective.

But lots to be positive about and very positive about the PSG game now!

How do they? Spurs are in form, United aren't easy to beat... I'd say our run in is even slightly easier. Old Trafford away is a toughie. Spurs away is a toughie. Southampton and West Ham at home, Crystal Palace and Swansea away aren't exactly easy games either for them.

Their run in is not easy.

Ok go look at their fixtures, then our fixtures

I know which team I would rather be!

They have the easier run in - we have Liverpool (bang in form), Arsenal (in form because 4th place trophy is under threat) and UTD (inconsistent)... Then we have London derbies. I don't expect City to win all of their games - but as the old adage says - plan for the worst, anything is a bonus - so as long as we don't lose all 3 of the above games and win all other games we should be good

But City and nobody else will have anything other than the league to focus on - we have the CL potentially...