• Diego Costa
    • SUB: Filipe Luis
    • SUB: Ramires
    • SUB: Loic Remy

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good match simply. We are top of the league again (+ 2!) And have regained confidence in ourselves. I think it was not our best game but, excepting a few minutes of the first part, we have mastered the game and we had the ball with a very high intelligent possession (63.1%) which has allowed us to make the a quiet game without much wear physical game, which comes very well for us so we recover the wear of December games. We now have a week to rest and recover our players physically. Today we played a game with a lot of intelligence.

The big news of the day was Kurt Zouma. He is great, He is already a man. And has no problems with his nerves, he plays calm, strong, sure of himself and full of personality. I think Kurt already has the level to be the partner of John Terry this season even in big games. I just I've seen an error to your party, and that error was only at the beginning of the game when he has not made tackling attacking to the balloon against its rivals, but has only been the first two plays, thereafter he has played very strong and has completed a spectacular game, very good performance.

I have a feeling with Zouma, I think he may have a very similar progression which had Azpilicueta last season. Cesar began the season as a backup of Cole, but during the season thanks to his great performance he got done with a fixed place in the side of our home and he became one of our most important players. I think Zouma can have an evolution like that of Azpilicueta. I believe that and I hope that. And also I hope to see Zouma in the starting eleven in upcoming matches against Swansea City, Liverpool, Bradford City or Millwall and finally Liverpool. I think it's four match we will not demand too much of us and I hope Zouma this in the starting lineup in all these parties and he can keep improving and demonstrating its performance.

I also hope Azpilicueta this is good and just been a little scare.

And finally, there has also been a very good game of Diego Costa. He has had more space and so he feels more comfortable on the pitch. I think it would have to cause gameplay to cause more plays with space for Diego play more comfortably and more free. He is back in shape, or so he is a killer of the goal.

And now just thinking about the next match against Swansea City, step by step, match by match.

Regards.

YES!! YES!! top of the league. Diego is the ultimate striker. Zouma is outstanding, keep him in the starting 11 Jose. what really annoys me is that when we were on the same points as city, a lot of supporters from different clubs said that city would retain their title come may. never underestimate the pride of London. KTBFF.

First half was unacceptable. No one could find each other on the pitch, Oscar especially was woeful despite the goal in the end. Second half was better, but can still count ourselves lucky that Newcastle weren't a bit sharper on their chances, cause it could have ended very differently.

The real positive of the match was Zouma for me, he looked great and did cover quite well a few times when Ivan and Terry messed up.

A truly terrible performance that was just good enough to beat an injury ravaged, managerless team like Newcastle. That first half performance was befitting of a relegation contender and not a championship contender. Second half was meh, and boring and we still couldn't control the game. I'm just looking at this team and I fear we might just have run out of steam and ideas. Costa, Fabregas and Hazard are the only genuine quality in that attack. It's not good enough. Remy can do a job too, but I fear we will fall short to Man City again because of the lack of quality of some players and our average attacking & possession football. They just have better players than us and that will be fully cemented when they sign Bony. They also always seem so in control of games because of their quality in possession and they create chances at will. We're 2 points clear now, but we should be more. City haven't got out of 3rd gear all season. At this stage, I give them the advantage in the title race. We have a favourable 2nd half, playing the better teams at The Bridge, that's what I hold on to the most now.

I hope I'm wrong, but admit it, we've had so many halves like that first half today. The question is why? What was that about? Anyway, 3 points is 3 points. Let me go follow the chess in Netherlands.

I need to first preface this by saying that there're probably a handful of teams I follow as closely as I do Chelsea and City is one of them. I watch all of their games (watching their match against Everton right now). I think you raised a couple of fair points and I generally agree with you that City do have an advantage over us in the title race but it isn't necessarily because they have more talent than we do. Appraising a squad's talent is very subjective but really aside from Aguero, Toure and Silva I urge you to name me one attacking player from City's squad who will come into our team and take us up a level, because I'm reading your comment and I'm struggling to think of one City player (aside from the three I mentioned) who I've watched play and thought...."yes we'd definitely win the league if we had him." I highly doubt that you (or anyone here) would be more contempt and satisfied if we had Milner, Nasri and Navas instead of Willian, Schurrle and Oscar. I'd be willing to bet that you'd still have the same complaints about there not being enough genuine quality options in attack.

What though gives City the edge in the title race over us (in my opinion) is that their truly exceptional talent (Aguero, Toure and Silva) vs our exceptional talent (Costa, Hazard and Cesc) have been playing together longer, have more experience in challenging for the league and have more 'know-how' when it comes to making an impact and winning games on their own. Imo that's what tips this race in City's direction, not because they have players like Nasri, Navas, Dzeko, Fernando etc. But to each his own I suppose.

We won today so nobody is talking about refs but that hand was clear... Penalty denied again.

Yes indeed. I'm worried that it's come to the point where refs are now trying to prove that they don't get swayed by pressure.

Fucking ave that!!

Any win would have done after 1 point from 6 and that's exactly what we got. And with Everton doing us a favour as well. Happy fucking days!!

Also Zouma HAS to be given that 2nd CB spot over Cahill now. BEEEEEEEAASSSTTT