Tottenham 5-3 Chelsea

Jase

Nope....Kane has been brilliant all season. You need to watch other teams more...

FYI I've watched him play plenty of times this season (I try to catch any pl game when possible). Sure he's been quite good , getting a goal here and there but today he was on another level imo, played with so much more confidence and compusure (partly thanks to our back four, but still).

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game was finished at 4-1 (probably 3-1). We don't have the character or quality to come back from 2-3 goals down, sadly. Taking Matic off would have been suicide - would have conceded 6+ probably.

Yeah, I felt at the penalty it was done unless Courtois could pull off a save. The way we were playing was suicide anyway. Having Drog on there with his attitude and quality and Remys pace and no doubt eagerness to show what he can do might have just gave us a slight glimmer of hope about pulling a point or saving face.

It's easy to sit after the game and say we should have done this or that though. What we do know is that what we did do, didn't work.

As you say the character and mentality isn't there to come back in a situation like that.

Call me crazy but I think Kalas should have been given a legit chance this season.. because Cahill is just, wow! And I usually critise Ivanovic even when we're playing good and winning so it's nothing new.

Kalas and not Zouma because I think the latter needs slightly more time to adjust.

Yeah, I felt at the penalty it was done unless Courtois could pull off a save. The way we were playing was suicide anyway. Having Drog on there with his attitude and quality and Remys pace and no doubt eagerness to show what he can do might have just gave us a slight glimmer of hope about pulling a point or saving face.

It's easy to sit after the game and say we should have done this or that though. What we do know is that what we did do, didn't work.

As you say the character and mentality isn't there to come back in a situation like that.

The only way we'd have got something from the game was if we came out in the second half with great purpose and intensity. Sadly we were slow and lacklustre. Take a look at this goal Atletico scored in their last game - they're losing 1-0 at half time and playing badly against a very strong opponent (much better than Spurs) and hostile crowd. The intensity with which they came out in the second half was unbelievable and they ended up winning 4-1. We needed that kind of character today.

Wonder when Jose will start dropping players

The thing is, there are only a couple of places he CAN rotate without the quality dropping significantly.

RB and CB are really the only spots I can see us changing whilst maintaining our quality. Rotating Schürrle for Willian is pointless because they're both useless offensively these days. Can't really rotate in the middle because we have no one remotely close to Cesc or Matic's level. Can't just constantly drop Oscar and putting Mikel in there next to Matić because he's not an every game player.

The longer the season goes on the more it's starting to show how lacking our squad is outside of our best XI. We have the best first XI in the league but if some of them are in a lengthy run of poor form we don't have top quality to slot in. This is why we need a signing or two this month in my opinion.

My god. We sure picked a bloody brilliant way to start 2015, didn't we? Honestly, I don't even know where to begin with this. It was an utterly shambolic display. Only Hazard turned up. The rest went AWOL and the defence and midfield were completely non-existent. To lose a game is one thing, but to concede five is almost unforgivable! Some of the players out there looked jaded and didn't even bother putting in the usual challenges, tackles etc. Paying the price for the lack of rotation in the last 1-2 months, especially in matches when we could do that.

Still think we went to that game thinking it was going to be an easy walk. Being number 1, we have a target on our backs and every team will play extra hard to beat us.

All in all, I'm concerned about the right side of our defense. Time to dust off, pick up the pieces and move on. There are 18 more games to go.

KTBFFH

Thru started well and carried on.weren't a case of oo they beat us they completely trashed us.We didn't seem to turn up and they could've had more.

Still they'll look at now and realise we are beatable n need to step our game up.Hope so anyway or might as well hand it to City.

Why the fuck has Jeremie Boga favourited Chadli's tweet about how happy they are at beating Chelsea

I wonder if they are mates, but I can't wait for Boga to make it to the first team, we could do with a lot of the under 21s their defence is much better haha.

This result could shake things up for the better and drive the players, Jose, and the board to improve. Maybe giving Boga a chance and/or getting Reus. Boga and others in our academy can definitely be better than Kane, given the chance.