Reus and Bale BOTH Bridge-bound?

BlueLion.

Would love Bale to come as I truly believe that he's the 3rd best player in the world ATM. But for the small(ish) difference in quality and the huge difference in price between him and Reus (assuming we have a choice) then it's a no-brainer.

Not entirely sure we could afford £90M and £300k p/w anyway. I doubt very highly that we have that kind of money about if we're going to comply with FFP.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Varane is the only possible one who could make it provided Jose push for it ... rest is pure off season bullshit.

Bale is at a club where every one wants to be and is doing well. Reus would be plucked up by Bayern as Ribery replacement ...

Seriously silly season is actually getting sillier ...

So Reus should be our main transfer target in January is the general consensus. But if for whatever reason he's not available at all, would people want to pay £50M for Bale? Prices around that kid of level are tempting.

If Bale was available for 50M we'd surely have to put a bid in...

So Reus should be our main transfer target in January is the general consensus. But if for whatever reason he's not available at all, would people want to pay £50M for Bale? Prices around that kid of level are tempting.

50m and he would almost certainly become our highest paid player ever. THANKS BUT NO THANKS.

Hate repeating myself but Bale just isn't that good. Better players than him get bought and sold every summer for less than that.

Hypothetically if we were to get both of them, who would make room? Because both of them have to be starters. Bale is a winger, Reus would be bought in as a winger most likely.. so who makes way out of the two? Or would we drop Hazard? Not gonna happen, unless we make a swoop between Hazard<->Bale, which hopefully isn't going to happen. Why break a fully functioning team and start basically from scratch?

I call nonsense. Reus and Varane might be possible, though not so sure in the need of Varane either. Bale would have only happened if he were 30+ and we were still the Chelsea of 2007. At the moment he's A) too expensive, B )what I said above - would cause too much unnecessary headaches trying to fit in something that can't be fit in without taking something out.