Controversial football opinions

Victor Von Doom

Carlos Tevez > Sergio Aguero

Aguero is the better goal-scorer, one of the best finishers I've witnessed. But Tevez beats him overall. And Tevez is a champion.

Didn't exactly agree with everything but that was awesome.

Can't really think of a controversial view right now. Maybe this: Jerome Boateng is the best CB in the world.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jose Mourinho is no longer the best manager in the world and he hasn't been for a long time.

Jose Mourinho has failed to adapt to the ever changing meta and zeitgeist of European football.

John Terry is holding the team back from changing to a highly agressive pressing style. He is too good to be dropped but he can't press for fucking shit.

Josh McEachran's future went down the drain with Ray Wilkins.

The loan system in football is a disgusting cancer that needs to be eradicated.

English football peaked in 2009 and has been on the decline since.

Pep Guardiola's only fault was being a really bad transfer scout. He has eradicated this since moving to Bayern.

Pep Guardiola has yet to show his ability to turn a poor team into a great team.

Lionel Messi is an autistic manchild.

People call Zlatan Ibrahimovic a 'big game choker' yet they conveniently leave out the fact that he has played a huge part in 11 league titles at six different clubs.

I fucking hate Twitter and how it has become normal for people to put one word after the fullstop of the main statement. Annoying.

American bacon is fucking disgusting and Americans put too much cheese on everything. It isn't bacon, it is literally a strip of fat will a small trimming of meat.

It was 'No Era Penal' but Mexico would have been blown the fuck out regardless.

Mario Gotze is an overhyped chubby manchild whose only claim to fame is being a child prodigy and scoring the winning goal at the world cup. He hasn't shown half of his supposed talent yet.

I feel so sorry for Dortmund's fan but I have no sympathy for their management. They apparently though it was a great idea to let Lewandowski's contract expire over selling him to Bayern and to put a relatively low release clause in Mario Gotze's contract.

Jurgen Klopp is one of the best manager in European football but it's hard to win matches when the team is made out of glass and are injured after every second game.

It is very hard to hate Manual Pellegrini once you find out about his personal life.

Roberto Mancini is exactly the same as Mourinho but without the charisma.

There is a thin line between hating and loving Mourinho for me. I'd definitely hate him if not for being a Chelsea fan and having a soft spot for Inter Milan. Who the fuck pokes another man in they eye? Come on.

I don't hate Frank Lampard, I still in fact really like him.

People only like Gary Neville because he likes Chelsea.

A lot of people fancy themselves tactical gods due to the videogame Football Manager

EA Sport's FIFA series is rubbish as is PES.

I hate it when people post their own lineups on here. Though, of course they by all means can do that.

George Harrison was the best Beatle.

Australia would not have been able to handle the World Cup and I'm glad that my country didn't get it. Not enough high quality stadiums, many of the stadiums aren't that big and the western states, North Queensland and Tasmania would have been hard done by. The country is too big and too empty to effectively hold a nation wide tournament, it would have to be limited to the east coast.

Jose Mourinho is no longer the best manager in the world and he hasn't been for a long time.

Jose Mourinho has failed to adapt to the ever changing meta and zeitgeist of European football.

John Terry is holding the team back from changing to a highly agressive pressing style. He is too good to be dropped but he can't press for fucking shit.

Pep Guardiola's only fault was being a really bad transfer scout. He has eradicated this since moving to Bayern.

Pep Guardiola has yet to show his ability to turn a poor team into a great team.

People call Zlatan Ibrahimovic a 'big game choker' yet they conveniently leave out the fact that he has played a huge part in 11 league titles at six different clubs.

I fucking hate Twitter and how it has become normal for people to put one word after the fullstop of the main statement. Annoying.

American bacon is fucking disgusting and Americans put too much cheese on everything. It isn't bacon, it is literally a strip of fat will a small trimming of meat.

Mario Gotze is an overhyped chubby manchild whose only claim to fame is being a child prodigy and scoring the winning goal at the world cup. He hasn't shown half of his supposed talent yet.

I feel so sorry for Dortmund's fan but I have no sympathy for their management. They apparently though it was a great idea to let Lewandowski's contract expire over selling him to Bayern and to put a relatively low release clause in Mario Gotze's contract.

Jurgen Klopp is one of the best manager in European football but it's hard to win matches when the team is made out of glass and are injured after every second game.

It is very hard to hate Manual Pellegrini once you find out about his personal life.

There is a thin line between hating and loving Mourinho for me. I'd definitely hate him if not for being a Chelsea fan and having a soft spot for Inter Milan. Who the fuck pokes another man in they eye? Come on.

A lot of people fancy themselves tactical gods due to the videogame Football Manager

I hate it when people post their own lineups on here. Though, of course they by all means can do that.

Australia would not have been able to handle the World Cup and I'm glad that my country didn't get it. Not enough high quality stadiums, many of the stadiums aren't that big and the western states, North Queensland and Tasmania would have been hard done by. The country is too big and too empty to effectively hold a nation wide tournament, it would have to be limited to the east coast.

Good piece about JT, but, don't think either cahill or zouma would allow the team to play high line and more proactive.

Can't really think of a controversial view right now. Maybe this: Jerome Boateng is the best CB in the world.

I agree with this. That's why i want him here.

Whoa. I agree with all of them, except No Era Penal.

Are you high like 98% of your life?

I hope not, I have agreed with most of his opinions. Excpet the bacon one, I love bacon.

He is faster and stronger physically. He can hold the ball better and he can beat players easier. Also very versatile. He has also been better for Man City and Argentina than Tevez was.

Of course that's my opinion. The original question however is why do you think Tevez is better and why did you put it in the controversial thread? Explain.

It is of course your opinion, but "stronger physically" and "can hold the ball better" are just factually incorrect. Aguero is faster, but in tight spaces, Tevez can dribble past players much better. His close-control is unreal. For me, Aguero is a better goal scorer, but Tevez overall brings more to the table.

Jack Wilshere is absolutely horrid and the moment Arsenal realise this they can sell him to some dickhead for £30,000,00.

Theo Walcott was well on his way to being a great player for Arsenal. Then his legs exploded against Tottenham.

Abou Diaby would have been as good for Arsenal as Yaya Toure was for Manchester City.

Podolski has always been kind of average. Yet he somehow managed to poach a lot of goals for Germany.

Arjen Robben has grown significantly better since 2012. Easily the third best winger in the world.

Eden Hazard for all his amazing talent is severly overhyped and I believe what people expect from him is unrealistic.

Robin van Persie had three great seasons. The fact that he is Netherland's highest scorer is a farce.

Diego Milito deserved the Ballon d'Or in 2010 not Lionel Messi.

Steven Gerrard was best as a Second Striker. Absolute rubbish as a CM or a CDM (relative to his own ability). His positioning was atrocious as were his overall defensive capabilities. He was capable of amazing goals and that is what his job should have been. A goal scorer.

Jamie Carragher is a bit of a dickhead but he is a well intentioned dickhead. I don't mind him, shame for the accent though.

Cristiano Ronaldo has become poison for Real Madrid. He is the patron saint of scoring meaningless goals.

It's only a matter of time before Madridista's turn on a player. If they can turn on Iker Casillas they can turn on anyone.

England isn't the home of the best league in the world. The Premier League hasn't been the best since 2011.

The lack of salary cap and transfer cap is damaging Europe. FFP is a joke.

Every team in Italy cheats. Juventus were the only team stupid enough to get caught.

Can't be controversial since I agree with all of it.

It is of course your opinion, but "stronger physically" and "can hold the ball better" are just factually incorrect. Aguero is faster, but in tight spaces, Tevez can dribble past players much better. His close-control is unreal. For me, Aguero is a better goal scorer, but Tevez overall brings more to the table.

Can't be controversial since I agree with all of it.

You are saying factually so how did you measure that?

I think Aguero played well (bar the awful penalty) vs Barcelona. I saw him surrounded a lot of times by Barca players but he always managed to find a pass to keep the attack going. The others weren't up for it or else Man City would have a chance with him up front. Seems stronger than Tevez to me.

You are saying factually so how did you measure that?

I think Aguero played well (bar the awful penalty) vs Barcelona. I saw him surrounded a lot of times by Barca players but he always managed to find a pass to keep the attack going. The others weren't up for it or else Man City would have a chance with him up front. Seems stronger than Tevez to me.

By watching them both regularly? How do you meassure that Iva is physically stronger than Azpi? Can you say that it cannot be considered a fact?

I'm not talking about one performance, in fact I barely saw parts of the rerun of City vs Barca because I was watching the Juve match. But if we're talking about physical strength in general, Tevez is stronger. He also knows how to use his strength better and is fearless in collissions and tackles.

By watching them both regularly? How do you meassure that Iva is physically stronger than Azpi? Can you say that it cannot be considered a fact?

I'm not talking about one performance, in fact I barely saw parts of the rerun of City vs Barca because I was watching the Juve match. But if we're talking about physical strength in general, Tevez is stronger. He also knows how to use his strength better and is fearless in collissions and tackles.

I disagree but let's not just stay on that part. Aguero for me is the proper striker, he makes it look so easy sometimes. He scores from all sorts of angles and he is good with both feet. Tevez is a workhorse no doubt but i'd still pick Aguero for my team.

Gary Cahill would make a great TV pundit after retiring.