Controversial football opinions

Victor Von Doom

I won't personally accept Pep as one of the great managers till he makes a very average club (think Inter, Milan, Lyon, Valencia, Tottenham) and makes them great. It's very obvious he is an amazing manger but it remains to be seen what he can do in a more constrained evironment.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Denis Irwin > Roberto Carlos

I will go even further and say Roberto carlos was just a better and glorified version of marcelo and fullbacks of that ilk i.e gained all the accolades because of his attacking attribute (blistering pace, shooting power and technique,free kicks etc) but very suspect defensively. Irwin on the otherhand was great on both ends of the pitch.

Mourinho loves Inter more than Chelsea. :D

He certainly loved the Inter fans more than Chelsea fans at one point of time -

[quote]I thought I had reached the height of emotion with Chelsea's fans, but Inter's supporters are even better,' Mourinho said. 'I'm in love with Inter and these fans, not Italian football

Wonder what he thinks now.

• 3 months later...

What can Aguero do that Tevez can't?

He is faster and stronger physically. He can hold the ball better and he can beat players easier. Also very versatile. He has also been better for Man City and Argentina than Tevez was.

Of course that's my opinion. The original question however is why do you think Tevez is better and why did you put it in the controversial thread? Explain.

He is faster and stronger physically. He can hold the ball better and he can beat players easier. Also very versatile. He has also been better for Man City and Argentina than Tevez was.

Of course that's my opinion. The original question however is why do you think Tevez is better and why did you put it in the controversial thread? Explain.

No, Tevez is a bull. Seriously, he's surprisingly strong and aggresive. Also, his work rate is much much better than Agueros.

What can Aguero do that Tevez can't?

Jack Wilshere is absolutely horrid and the moment Arsenal realise this they can sell him to some dickhead for £30,000,00.

Theo Walcott was well on his way to being a great player for Arsenal. Then his legs exploded against Tottenham.

Abou Diaby would have been as good for Arsenal as Yaya Toure was for Manchester City.

Podolski has always been kind of average. Yet he somehow managed to poach a lot of goals for Germany.

Arjen Robben has grown significantly better since 2012. Easily the third best winger in the world.

Eden Hazard for all his amazing talent is severly overhyped and I believe what people expect from him is unrealistic.

Robin van Persie had three great seasons. The fact that he is Netherland's highest scorer is a farce.

Diego Milito deserved the Ballon d'Or in 2010 not Lionel Messi.

Steven Gerrard was best as a Second Striker. Absolute rubbish as a CM or a CDM (relative to his own ability). His positioning was atrocious as were his overall defensive capabilities. He was capable of amazing goals and that is what his job should have been. A goal scorer.

Jamie Carragher is a bit of a dickhead but he is a well intentioned dickhead. I don't mind him, shame for the accent though.

Cristiano Ronaldo has become poison for Real Madrid. He is the patron saint of scoring meaningless goals.

It's only a matter of time before Madridista's turn on a player. If they can turn on Iker Casillas they can turn on anyone.

England isn't the home of the best league in the world. The Premier League hasn't been the best since 2011.

The lack of salary cap and transfer cap is damaging Europe. FFP is a joke.

Every team in Italy cheats. Juventus were the only team stupid enough to get caught.

Jack Wilshere is absolutely horrid and the moment Arsenal realise this they can sell him to some dickhead for £30,000,00.

Theo Walcott was well on his way to being a great player for Arsenal. Then his legs exploded against Tottenham.

Abou Diaby would have been as good for Arsenal as Yaya Toure was for Manchester City.

Podolski has always been kind of average. Yet he somehow managed to poach a lot of goals for Germany.

Arjen Robben has grown significantly better since 2012. Easily the third best winger in the world.

Eden Hazard for all his amazing talent is severly overhyped and I believe what people expect from him is unrealistic.

Robin van Persie had three great seasons. The fact that he is Netherland's highest scorer is a farce.

Steven Gerrard was best as a Second Striker. Absolute rubbish as a CM or a CDM (relative to his own ability). His positioning was atrocious as were his overall defensive capabilities. He was capable of amazing goals and that is what his job should have been. A goal scorer.

Jamie Carragher is a bit of a dickhead but he is a well intentioned dickhead. I don't mind him, shame for the accent though.

Cristiano Ronaldo has become poison for Real Madrid. He is the patron saint of scoring meaningless goals.

It's only a matter of time before Madridista's turn on a player. If they can turn on Iker Casillas they can turn on anyone.

England isn't the home of the best league in the world. The Premier League hasn't been the best since 2011.

Every team in Italy cheats. Juventus were the only team stupid enough to get caught.

Now that's what I call controversy :lol:

Has he been better than Tevez? I'm not sure about that. Statistics only show one element. For me, Tevez is harder working, technically superior and better and linking the play. Tevez has more of the attributes that I look for in a striker - team work, tenacity, strength, the ability to link the play, and of course stick the ball in the back of the net - which makes him appeal massively to me. Of course that's my opinion. Aguero is a wonderful striker but right now, who would you want in your team? Aguero has looked a shadow since he came back from injury. Tevez is the best striker in Italian football at the moment.

Most people think Aguero is the better player. Hence why I put it in the controversial football opinions thread.

My head just exploded.