Petr Cech

eldo

I did expect him to be way behind the top keepers of the league but not 2nd to last. As always, stats do not tell the full story but Petr has this season at times been well below what is required of a keeper at a top club.

Yes, we must factor in that a lot of lower-table club keepers will be there because they face considerably more shots than Cech. It's still alarming though.

What the fuck was up with him yesterday? I'm not just going on the bandwagon because of the mistake for the goal, but he was completely off his game. Kicking was horrible. Didn't give the defenders any confidence at all during set pieces. One decent save after Ivanovic's horrific back-pass but he was completely out-of-sync yesterday.

He had a bad game.

However he has very few of those, just think of the times when he has saved us in the past and will do in the future, and you can forgive him this fuck-up.

His error was just a footnote in a whole chain reaction of errors last night. Why Ivanovic allowed di Santo to check inside onto his stronger side to get the ball into Moses is beyond me, how Bosingwa just let Moses steal into the penalty area on a whim is laughable, and what Cech was doing is also a tough one to answer. Three mistakes from three (well, two) usually-reliable players and you can see why we're short on confidence at present.

• 2 weeks later...

Back in 2004 Carlo Cudicini was having a underwhelming season and Ranieri responded by pre signing Petr Cech has competition, well that was the plan but Cech ended up taking his place straight away.

We have to bring Courtious back next summer to push Cech hard for the first team place.

Back in 2004 Carlo Cudicini was having a underwhelming season and Ranieri responded by pre signing Petr Cech has competition, well that was the plan but Cech ended up taking his place straight away.

We have to bring Courtious back next summer to push Cech hard for the first team place.

I disagree entirely.

A recent story on SkySports said Courtois had come to Cobham over La Liga's winter break and tests show he's improved a lot on loan at Letico. We don't want to hinder his progression by throwing him on our bench already. I like the plan. 2 seasons in La Liga & one more domestic loan. He's still 19, so let's not rush him. Otherwise it'll be McEachran hype mk II