Petr Cech

eldo

He was magnificent against Man utd, Liverpool and even barca for us in the past and coupled with his impressive pre-season from, what more does Hilario have to do to gain people's respect and confidence?

:goodpost: ive been defending Hilario up against a brick wall for years, getting unfairly slated for the City game been more than reasonable deputy in the past, only worry is he get's injured and we are stuck with Turnbull but even if that happens and were 2 keepers down we will be able to get a emergency goallie anyway.

He was magnificent against Man utd, Liverpool and even barca for us in the past and coupled with his impressive pre-season form, what more does Hilario have to do to gain people's respect and confidence?

Where did I say something negative about Hilario? I'd be wishing for Cech to be fit even if we had someone like Tim Howard as our second choice GK.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes but he still not as good as what he used to be. He is average now in my opinion, we could find better, he does not make those unbelievable saves anymore strikers can get past him with half chances.

Well I ju------

Forget it. I just find you entire post disagreeable.

Yes but he still not as good as what he used to be. He is average now in my opinion, we could find better, he does not make those unbelievable saves anymore strikers can get past him with half chances.

I'll pretend you didn't write that, because I normally find your posts have good content.

He is an incredible goalkeeper and has been our most consistent player over the last 15 months or so. I dare you to name half a dozen better goalkeepers at present; and don't even think about saying Casillas or Cesar because both of them are bang out of form at the moment. If anything Cech is improving back towards his level of 2005-2007; the thing that is letting him down is a far leakier defence which has left him exposed time and time again. Look at the goals we've conceded this season; he hasn't had a single chance with any of them.

Petr Cech is one of the best keepers in the World and one of the best we ever had.I just adore the man,i feel he has been with us forever,i remember when we had him and Cudicini.I don't think we ever had a pair of keepers of that quality in the same team ever.

Both Legends.

Petr Cech is one of the best keepers in the World and one of the best we ever had.I just adore the man,i feel he has been with us forever,i remember when we had him and Cudicini.I don't think we ever had a pair of keepers of that quality in the same team ever.

Both Legends.

You're right and that's the thing I hate about the team of the years etc... for some reason only Casillas or Valdes get the prizes though I don't see why Cech is in any way inferior to them...mystery

I'll pretend you didn't write that, because I normally find your posts have good content.

He is an incredible goalkeeper and has been our most consistent player over the last 15 months or so. I dare you to name half a dozen better goalkeepers at present; and don't even think about saying Casillas or Cesar because both of them are bang out of form at the moment. If anything Cech is improving back towards his level of 2005-2007; the thing that is letting him down is a far leakier defence which has left him exposed time and time again. Look at the goals we've conceded this season; he hasn't had a single chance with any of them.

Ok ''average'' was a bit misguided and stupid of me but he has lost that aura around him that made him save the impossible during the Jose years. I know the defence was much better back then but he made some saves during that time that were just unbelievable, he no longer does that anymore. He still makes great saves but he won us a shit load of points before Hunt nearly killed him. I think as a club we have been very unlucky because Cech and Robben would of been massive players for us in terms of winning more trophies then what we have done in the last 7 seasons.