Petr Cech

eldo

Like it or not, this is probably his last regular season for us. He will leave/be benched majority of the time next season when Courtois come back or he won't come back at all. I think we should hope Cech has a good season, he deserves it after everything he has done for us over the years.

Cech is comparable to Luiz/Cahill.

When Cech makes one little mistake, that is what is on peoples mind. Not that he's maybe saved us 8 times previousley that game. Same goes with Luiz. Every little thing he does and his thread here blows up. Cahill on the other hand is often overlooked and excused.

Cech is comparable to every other keeper in that regard then. It's unfair, but that's what happens.

He has set very high standards so mistakes are more noticeable with him. The West Brom goal was just bizarre, but even the City one was something you simply wouldn't expect from him. Yes it was a great shot, but he seemed to have his angles wrong and simply didn't adjust to Aguero's movement in time.

But the problem is that we do have probably the premier young goalkeeper in our squad and he needs to start playing for us or he'll leave. Teams very rarely get the chance to transition from one best in the world to another without any fuss so passing up this opportunity is a massive risk.

I don't buy the 'let them compete for the spot' argument because instability at that position weakens the team. What is needed is a clear choice to be made.

Like it or not, this is probably his last regular season for us. He will leave/be benched majority of the time next season when Courtois come back or he won't come back at all. I think we should hope Cech has a good season, he deserves it after everything he has done for us over the years.

Is it only me who reads this guys posts for a good laugh?

Whatever choice is made next year, we do not know it now.

The future lies with Courtois. There is no doubt about it.

Every player makes mistakes. Recently, Cech had made several. Should he be punished for it ?

Should the club keep him on just because of his previous achievements ? We all know, Cech served Chelsea well for years. However, players are not kept on for the past. See Cole, in recent games. The same situation has arrived with him.

Can people please list the amount of mistakes Cech has made this season? I'm intrigued.

1. Bayern

2. Villa

3. City

4. West Brom

Some were also saying he was also culpable for the goal against Everton, however people want to dress it up, the four goals above were mistakes & goals conceded were ones you would expect your keeper to save. Seems there are too many that let sentimentality get in the way of their judgement, be it Cech, lamps, JT etc they all need to be dropped when they are not playing well or meeting their own high standards.

To say, Cech made just one little mistake of late is not telling the truth, I feel.

He certainly made several of them as posted above.

We all know, he was signed just recently to 5 year contract, needlessly, I feel. A 3 year contract should have been offered, then.

Today, the club have written themselves into folklore. Decision have to be made.

Chelsea´s policy is clear, defined for all. Once you get to 30, it is 12 month deals. This policy applies to JT, Lamps, Cole.

Cech deserves to be treated with respect he has earned it. Courtois must be brought back, before any loyalty he has to the club disappears completely.

Chelsea´s decision will have far longer repercussion on Cech than they make on Cole, JT & Lampard.

Therefore, my choice is clear. Bring Courtois back, allow him to play as No. 1, then see. If Cech refuses to agree with it, sell him.

If Courtois signs the new contract which he said he'll only consider after the WC, i'd keep Cech on for another year and loan out Courtois. If Courtois feels he need the first team football at Chelsea or he'll refuse the new deal, then i'll be willing to make Cech our No.2.

Cech hasn't been anything close to bad this season anyways and we wouldn't have even been making this discussions if we didn't have Courtois. The decision's up to the Belgian.

The decision was already made by Courtois. Let me quote. " I will come back to Chelsea to play regularly. " Otherwise, I will not sit on the bench, he says. It´s very clear.

He wants to know, what Chelsea has to offer in the summer, it´s very simple.

1. Bayern

2. Villa

3. City

4. West Brom

Some were also saying he was also culpable for the goal against Everton, however people want to dress it up, the four goals above were mistakes & goals conceded were ones you would expect your keeper to save. Seems there are too many that let sentimentality get in the way of their judgement, be it Cech, lamps, JT etc they all need to be dropped when they are not playing well or meeting their own high standards.

Villa? Just NO. No keeper in the world saves that shot. Unexpected volley from inside the box that he could not see because there were bodies in the way. The City goal was not a "mistake" either. He might have been able to save it on another day but it would have been a spectacular incredible save so it's not a mistake that he didn't save it. And are you really criticizing his performance against Bayern when if we had had any other keeper in the world that night we would have conceded at least 3-4 more goals?!

The funny thing is, in those same games, Petr made a save against Silva at 1-1 any other keeper would have not made 9 times out of ten and that was the difference between a loss and a win. And against Villa he made 2-3 great saves at 1-1 when Villa were all over us that got us the three points. Not to mention all the other incredible saves at critical times in almost every single game.

People are all just waiting for a little mistake to happen to say that Petr is "on the decline". But the reality is, if we had had any other keeper this season other than Petr we would be in a much worse situation.

Villa? Just NO. No keeper in the world saves that shot. Unexpected volley from inside the box that he could not see because there were bodies in the way. The City goal was not a "mistake" either. He might have been able to save it on another day but it would have been a spectacular incredible save so it's not a mistake that he didn't save it. And are you really criticizing his performance against Bayern when if we had had any other keeper in the world that night we would have conceded at least 3-4 more goals?!

The funny thing is, in those same games, Petr made a save against Silva at 1-1 any other keeper would have not made 9 times out of ten and that was the difference between a loss and a win. And against Villa he made 2-3 great saves at 1-1 when Villa were all over us that got us the three points. Not to mention all the other incredible saves at critical times in almost every single game.

People are all just waiting for a little mistake to happen to say that Petr is "on the decline". But the reality is, if we had had any other keeper this season other than Petr we would be in a much worse situation.

Let me spell out for you, goalkeepers should not be beaten on their near post, Benteke's goal was not hit with any pace & should of been a comfortable save for Cech, Aguero's was slightly different as it was hit with pace but it was on his near side where somehow he lost the sight of the ball, the ball wasn't far from his body so again he should be saving that.

Now the saves he makes during games is exactly what he his paid to do the very same as our strikers are paid to put the ball away & when their not doing the business they get all sorts of shit thrown at them, so when Cech is making several mistakes in a short period of time, why should he not get criticized too? Joe Hart has been making similar mistakes & perhaps more but he also made some great saves too but he is out on his arse at the mo & correctly so in my opinion.

The problem is when a keeper starts being shaky the defence then lose confidence too & it starts a chain of problems. He is still a fantastic keeper & a legend at this club but at this moment in time he needs a spell on the bench - there is no question of that.

1. Bayern

2. Villa

3. City

4. West Brom

Is that it?

I love how you forget to mention that in 3 of those games (Villa, City and Bayern) Cech made plenty of fantastic saves to keep us in those SAME games to more than make up for those "errors" (even if they weren't as severe as the one at WBA).

To say he needs a spell on the bench is absolutely ridiculous.

But the reality is, if we had had any other keeper this season other than Petr we would be in a much worse situation.

That's not 'the reality', it's your opinion.

My opinion is that if we had Courtois in goal I don't think there'd be a noticeable difference in our results. That's not denigrating Cech's ability or form, but simply a recognition of just how far Courtois has come in the last few years.

If we didn't have Courtois then we wouldn't be having this discussion about Cech, but because we do then he's under the spotlight a bit more and these errors will be picked up on. I don't agree with all of them but the City and West Brom ones are very noticeable.