Everton v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's disappointing that Mourinho has been trying to convert Hazard into a left back. What a waste of his talent.

Lolwut... modern game baby, attackers need to defend these days.

So thats why Howard is allowed to stay on the pitch?

Swings and roundabouts to be honest. Howard should be off, but we should be 2-0 up.

If we attack with pace when their attacks break down then there's miles of space, but we're content to go slow.

we seemingly started very well, I turned on the tv on the replay to Iva's goal, but ever since we didn't play like we should have.

Matic's having a mare, I counted at least FOUR mistakes by him that lead to an Everton attack. That's too much.

Our midfield hasn't impressed me and am I the only one who so far this season is never too sure about not conceding? It seems like it's always likely for us to concede - the opposite of last season. I expect and even accept some less solidity in the defense as we move to a more attacking system, but the goals we've been conceding sometimes have nothing to do with how we're playing in the attack, it seems it's just us being shaky... Where was Matic and Ramires in the Everton goal? I suppose Cesc is playing as the third midfielder and we could ask about him too, but it seems like we aren't that solid defensively, which can be worrying if we don't fix soon. I'm not worried yet, but if we don't fix it a month from now, I'll be.

Mirallas is taking Fabregas off his game with some physical plays. He needs to get mentally tougher. That stay in spain has softened him. he used to be a hard nosed player.

Yeo, he's not helping at all.

He's defending all game in our 18y, people were even praisin his defending earlier this game!

But he can't track every run of Coleman can he?

Chelsea is playing crap cause only thing they do is defend since the 0-2...

It's disappointing that Mourinho has been trying to convert Hazard into a left back. What a waste of his talent.

So asking a winger to aid the team in defense is wasting his talent rather than expanding it? Di Maria did tremendous defending work at Real Madrid and that never made him a lesser winger. On the contrary.

Here, read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_Football . When you are done, read it again and then one more time. After that, come back to this thread and ask a mod to delete that stupid post.

I don't think we "let them attack", it's just that Everton have been excellent and we have been a bit sub par. Ramires' positioning has been a bit off at times and more disappointingly, so has Matic's. We're leaving the back 4 exposed too often.

Let's be honest....Eden looks like he's in one of his 'can't be fucked' moods today. Needs to step it up in the second-half.

As it is he's showing why he'll probably never be spoken about as a top, top player.

T

And in contrast have to hand it to Lukaku he's trying everything to win - even though he's still a bit shit

Hazard could end up in the Miralles category - on his day amazing player - but just too inconsistent to feature all of the time

That said Hazard on HIS day is amazing

Just wish he would take the game by the scruff of the neck - maybe he needs a few more years of maturity...

Ramires needs or sit on Barry - mark him out of the game and Everton resort to longer hopeful balls - nearly everything has gone through Barry