• Fabregas
    • Schurrle
    • Oscar
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Ramires (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Drogba (sub)

Promoted teams are always difficult to play against. You don't exactly know what your going to get but 6 points out of 6 against Burnley and Leicester with some great football and not so great football (1st half vs Leicester) is great because promoted teams always look to get scalps against the big boys. Diego Costa 2 in 2 as well.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to disagree with that because I'm sure Jose dint pay 32m for Gareth fucking Barry.

Gareth who is a good player and rarely misplaces a pass. I just have to think fabregas ought to be/do better than that.

After Burnley : Fabregas is the second coming of Christ.

After Leicester : Fabregas is Gareth Barry.

This forum gets on my tits sometimes.

Of more concern is the midfield. With Fábregas operating in a separate part of the pitch, Matic was often outnumbered by the hugely disciplined Dean Hammond and Andy King, who played like two men roped together on a mountain in the first half. When the trio of attacking players do not track back Chelsea can end up effectively playing with just one central midfielder and Matic was stretched here at times. Oscar played a superb pass to Branislav Ivanovic in the build up to the opening goal, freeing the right-back to jink inside superbly and tee up Costa. But Mourinho will surely focus more this week on Oscar’s interaction with Fábregas and the need to cover one another in those tight central areas.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/24/chelsea-leicester-premier-league-match-report

The Oscar - Cesc partnership definitely isn't perfect yet but give it time... It's only been two games.

I think it's more the Cesc and Matic partnership that's the worry. Oscar has been doing all he can to cover for Cesc but Cesc has to do more. He's left left Matic far too exposed in these two games.

I think it's more the Cesc and Matic partnership that's the worry. Oscar has been doing all he can to cover for Cesc but Cesc has to do more. He's left left Matic far too exposed in these two games.

Both need working on tbh. I don't really see it as a Oscar - Cesc or Cesc - Matic partnership per se, I see them as a trio, and they're all as responsible as each other. Fabregas has the most creative freedom out of all so naturally he'll get forward more from deep - here is where Oscar comes in and helps protect the team's shape and offer Matic support. Oscar pretty much said the same here:

I like to play with both of them. I play more with Fabregas because we are in the midfield together. Sometimes he plays number 10 and I play number eight, sometimes the other way round we can change.'

Also, it's natural that we'll be a bit more exposed with a more expansive style of play... Jose said himself we still have a lot to work on (and he included defensively). It's inevitable, but it's what's needed especially against these smaller sides. For the bigger games we have the best manager in the world in that regards - he won't as be naive as let's say a Wenger in his tactical choices.

After Burnley : Fabregas is the second coming of Christ.

After Leicester : Fabregas is Gareth Barry.

This forum gets on my tits sometimes.

Oh yeah... forgot we cannot talk about/criticise a player after a game around here. :rolleyes: it was just a game... people are NOT making a big deal out of it, but he wasn't great and so we can't say he was.

He was amazing in the first match and average in the second. What I expect from him: consistently something in between.

Kindly point out the part where I implied that.

Thought the "getting on my tits" showed annoyance, or perhaps at least surprise, with the "from heaven to hell" stance shift you presented. Or should I read it differently?

Thought the "getting on my tits" showed annoyance, or perhaps at least surprise, with the "from heaven to hell" stance shift you presented. Or should I read it differently?

It was indeed annoyance, but it doesn't translate to Fabregas being above criticism, which is what you seem to have inferred.

Also, it's natural that we'll be a bit more exposed with a more expansive style of play... Jose said himself we still have a lot to work on (and he included defensively). It's inevitable, but it's what's needed especially against these smaller sides. For the bigger games we have the best manager in the world in that regards - he won't as be naive as let's say a Wenger in his tactical choices.

I still wonder what people here expect? Everyone wants more attacking football but they don't want to sacrifice defensive shape to get it. You can't have one without sacrificing the other... Simple laws of the universe here.

And to be honest I still don't think we're all that exposed. We were caught on the break a couple times but Matic, JT, Cahill and Azpi should be enough to cover for situations that will arise. Matic got caught out on the ball once and I bet that will never happen again, he's better than that.