Lionel Messi

Myself

A France with Makelele, Vieira, Ribery, Henry, Trezeguet, Malouda Thuram, Abidal is horrible? :blink:

In theory, they were good. If you saw them play you wouldn't say that. They were fucking shit on that tournament, and the only thing that got them to the finals was the genius of Zidane. He defeated Brazil practically by himself in the QF.

They mostly sucked because their manager was a completely incompetent lunatic.

Look what happened to them after he quit: group stage in 2008, group stage in 2010. They've only started recovering this year.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In theory, they were good. If you saw them play you wouldn't say that. They were fucking shit on that tournament, and the only thing that got them to the finals was the genius of Zidane. He defeated Brazil practically by himself in the QF.

They mostly sucked because their manager was a completely incompetent lunatic.

Look what happened to them after he quit: group stage in 2008, group stage in 2010. They've only started recovering this year.

They got through due to Roberto Carlos tying his boots whilst leaving Henry completely free.

This just won't ever in a trillion years happen.

With the other topics, for most of them there is at least a minuscule chance we could sign the player. But Messi? It won't happen.

We have no shot at getting Reus for 20m, but Messi...

This just won't ever in a trillion years happen.

With the other topics, for most of them there is at least a minuscule chance we could sign the player. But Messi? It won't happen.

Believe, mate.

Roman will sell his yacht to fund the move.

Of course every fans would like to see Messi in his team. I thought Jose is spot on in that interview, and he is not in joking mood.

Logically, if we could spend 200 millions, we better used it to buy 4 WC players, that will definitely greatly improve the team, rather than gamble it on one player.

My guess is that a potential Messi deal would be paid over 4 years and that the transfer fee and wages would be most covered by sponsorship deals that are unique to Messi himself. If Adidas were offering to cover 140 million over 4 years and you add the turkish airline for another 20-40 million over 4 and lets say another Messi sponsor jumps in the transfer fee is all but covered or part of the fee is covered and Messi's wages were covered. The FFP essentially was put in from preventing owners funding clubs through their own businesses riding assistances through subsidiaries. It was also put in to keep clubs from spending themselves into bankruptcy.

As for Jose I'm not sure what else he would say. It's not like he's going to come out and say sure he's coming we just need to address the finances of the deal.

Of course it doesn't mean he's coming, but I don't think it is as far fetched as some think.

My guess is that a potential Messi deal would be paid over 4 years and that the transfer fee and wages would be most covered by sponsorship deals that are unique to Messi himself. If Adidas were offering to cover 140 million over 4 years and you add the turkish airline for another 20-40 million over 4 and lets say another Messi sponsor jumps in the transfer fee is all but covered or part of the fee is covered and Messi's wages were covered. The FFP essentially was put in from preventing owners funding clubs through their own businesses riding assistances through subsidiaries. It was also put in to keep clubs from spending themselves into bankruptcy.

As for Jose I'm not sure what else he would say. It's not like he's going to come out and say sure he's coming we just need to address the finances of the deal.

Of course it doesn't mean he's coming, but I don't think it is as far fetched as some think.

I totally agree with you. We would not have to pay his move only next year, we can pay in several installments. Also sponsors like ADIDAS, TURKISH AIRLINES, FIFA (the game), agreements to play preseason games in United States are better in economics terms if in our team play Messi and Chelsea would enter the China market where Messi is the greatest football icon and moves millions which would increase our profits in China.

I think a signing like Messi would not be a problem in economic terms because it pays practically thank the sponsors. Problem is when we signed Torres for an impossible amount to recover. But Messi would generate more money and we could dodge Financial Fair Play.

About words of Jose, he can´t say that he wants his signing in the middle of the season. He says we can not sign him by the Financial Fair Play, but Mourinho used very good adjectives to define Messi. Also did the same when Messi was much criticized for his participation in the World Cup. Only Mourinho defended Messi. When Jose was at Real Madrid and the journalists asked for Messi always Mourinho criticized him to defend Cristiano Ronaldo. But now Jose has changed his address and only speaks well of Messi.

I think there is a very important thing we should think when we try to sign Messi for our team. There are certain signings throughout the history of football that have changed the course of big clubs. And Messi, who only has 27 years, could change our history. He is not only a good player like Reus or Bale, Messi is the best player ever, and take this opportunity could make the Chelsea one of the best teams in football history.

Alfredo Di Stefano arrived at Real Madrid when he was 27 years old. The Real Madrid before the arrival of Di Stefano was not a big team. In fact they took almost 20 years without winning the Spanish League. After reaching Alfredo Di Stefano, Real Madrid won five European Cups, above all thanks to Di Stefano. Also won eight Spanish league in 10 years, in addition to many other trophies. But the most important is how the signing of Di Stefano change the history of Real Madrid is the basis of what is probably the best team in football history.

There are many other examples of players who changed the history of their teams with his signing, as happened with Johan Cruyff (When he was 26 years old) and his move to Barcelona which happened to be an important team in Spain to be an important team in Europe. Another example would be the arrival of Maradona to Napoles, where he won League Cup and UEFA Cup. More examples, Ronaldinho, Zidane and Cristiano Ronaldo (when he was signed by Real Madrid).

If we look at the great work that are doing Jose Mourinho at Chelsea and his mentality, we think that Jose is attempting to become the new Sir Alex Ferguson of our team and I'm sure that he can be many years on the bench to make his career and Chelsea to a great legend. This legend could be much larger if we signed Messi. Jose is only 51 years old and Sir Alex Ferguson came to Manchester United with 45 years (although Mourinho has already four seasons as our coach). If we add the Mourinho´s intelligence complemented by a signing like Messi we can begin to talk about a convinacion that can change the history of our team and when he retires as coach Mourinho could leave Chelsea as the best team in the history of England and as one of the best in the history of football. I am sure that Messi would help that change.

I know thay we cant spend the money needed to sign Messi to sign several players like Reus, Ross Barkley, Bale ... The question we have to ask is whether those players would improve our team to become us a legend or is better to invest that money in probably the best player in the history of football. We already have great players like Hazard or Fabregas on our team.

Messi could change our history.

IIf we add the Mourinho´s intelligence complemented by a signing like Messi we can begin to talk about a convinacion that can change the history of our team and when he retires as coach Mourinho could leave Chelsea as the best team in the history of England

He did that once alrdy :D

He did that once alrdy :D

:D Yes, but I think Mourinho could get something as important as what did Alex Ferguson when I pass in Premier Leagues (20) won respect to Liverpool (18). When Ferguson arrived at Manchester United they had only 8 Premier Leagues, and Ferguson won 12 after. Mourinho has 2, and I'm sure that eventually Jose can get more than 12 of which have won Ferguson.

Of course no one doubts that now Chelsea are the best team in England.

By the way, before I commented that with the money to sign Messi we could sign players like Reus or Bale, but I can not believe they wanted to come to our team to be on the reserve bench.

Reus is made of glass, Bale is quite good, but Messi would bring a whole other level to Chelsea. As big as Chelsea has become getting Messi to come would be an emphatic statement about how Chelsea sees itself in world football and it would put everyone else on notice.

As mentioned, this is more of theoretical discussion because if this move were to happen people would still not believe it until Messi actually showed up on the pitch and played his first game.

Hazard-Messi would be the most mouth watering duo that one could imagine. Just think of the interplay just outside of the 18 with Hazard flicking Messi on, or Hazard making a 40 yard dribble up the center of the field pinballing a pass off of Messi to receive the return pass and then Hazard shooting it into the goalkeepers chest (Hey, Eden has got show a bit more here, right!).

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You