Diego Costa

Spike

i just dont get it. we are judging him on last night, when we had 10 men behind the ball, and this was no palace or sunderland but CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB, who bloody stopped barca from scoring for 90 minutes at the bridge.

in that case, we probably should not buy messi if we have the chance cos he has done FUCK-ALL against us ever. suarez could not get a sight at goal in december, so he should not be considered too, right?

Last news from Mendes's camp is that Abramovich said he wouldn't sign Costa. The Russian wants Cavani (via @diegotorresro) #CFC #PSG #Atleti

Although El Pais is probably the most reputable newspaper in Spain, and a respected newspaper worldwide (Diego Torres works for them), I think this rumour is BS. If Roman wanted Cavani that much, he would have outbid Paris last summer.

Diego Costa to Chelsea is a done deal imo. And Courtois playing last night solidified this.

He's one mean, hard looking motherfucker isn't he? :)

Yet another Chelsea striker to scare the piss out of Arsenal if he comes here. Then we throw on Big Rom and they run for the hills!

Also, after watching the replay I saw that JT appeared to land on Luiz' foot and twist his left ankle. Nothing to do with Costa.

He's utter shit. Hasn't scored a goal against us in 8 Champions League meetings so is clearly overrated.

Oops, sorry. That's Messi, not Costa.

Personally I think it's quite amusing that some are finally realising that teams who set up to defend are hard to score goals against (I know!!!! :o:o ). But yeah, let's judge this guy on the match in which he was facing a well-drilled bus. :doh:

Yeah but I got sucked into believing the hype on here that he was some kind of scoring machine...

What I actually saw was a grumpy cunt giving about 80% effort.

If you can't turn it on for a home game in the CL Semi's - you ain't the man for this club! ;) (that's the gist of my badly made point)

Whereas Falcao ripped us to shreds... Just sayin is all ;)

People expect we will get a striker who will bang goals every game. Thats it; the expectations of striker are too big here, it makes Torres, Ba,...look even bigger flop than it is.

There are few strikers available, Costa is best of those who are available (we wont spent 70m on Cavani or whoever else).
If people would watch Costa more (not just one game vs Terry and Cahill), they would understand why is he that good.

Moaning cunt? Isnt Suarez one moaning cunt? I would prefer that over Torres anyday.

Get real, no striker in the world scores every game. We killed Messi, Cavani, Ibra, Suarez...Costa. Dont just judge him on one game, if we get him, we will be much better side.

Yeah but I got sucked into believing the hype on here that he was some kind of scoring machine...

He is. He's scored 35 goals in 45 appearances this season. As mentioned above, Suarez hasn't done anything against us either, does that mean he's not a goal scoring machine either?

Whereas Falcao ripped us to shreds... Just sayin is all ;)

Falcao faced a rubbish Chelsea with an inexperienced manager. You can't seriously compare our team now to the team it was 2 years ago.

He is. He's scored 35 goals in 45 appearances this season. As mentioned above, Suarez hasn't done anything against us either, does that mean he's not a goal scoring machine either?Falcao faced a rubbish Chelsea with an inexperienced manager. You can't seriously compare our team now to the team it was 2 years ago.

The team looks the same as 2 years ago? :) certainly parked the bus nicely :)

Look - it's just my opinion - but I'm not feeling this guy is the answer. Jose knows best though and delighted if I'm proved wrong :)

To be honest, the way I saw the game and generally Costa is that when things don't necessarily go his way (It was Chelsea btw.. not some la liga team, we were solid and it was a frustrating game) he tries to bully players, as the .gif above shows, it didn't come off as both Terry/Cahill stood firm and said "hold on a minute, we play in the premier league, we've seen bigger than you lad", he went into a shell it seemed for the rest of the match in terms of aggressiveness - this sure wasn't the Costa I'm used to watching.

Thats how I saw it anyway :P