Diego Costa

Spike

Speaking exclusively to [football] direct news, Costa said: "Of course I am thinking about Chelsea, I am thinking about them all the time ,But only how we can beat them". :D

"Of course Chelsea are a big club, of course The Premier League is very exciting, but for now there is a big chance that Ateltico can win La Liga and The Champions League.

http://www.footballdirectnews.com/premier-league-news/46772-exclusive-diego-costa-only-thinking-about-chelsea.php#.U1A_7VV_uRN

Speaking exclusively to [football] direct news, Costa said: "Of course I am thinking about Chelsea, I am thinking about them all the time ,But only how we can beat them". :D

"Of course Chelsea are a big club, of course The Premier League is very exciting, but for now there is a big chance that Ateltico can win La Liga and The Champions League.

http://www.footballdirectnews.com/premier-league-news/46772-exclusive-diego-costa-only-thinking-about-chelsea.php#.U1A_7VV_uRN

He'll own goal it in 93rd min - second leg - and put us through to the final.

Its all a plan.

Well I said, at times (emphasis on 'at times') he could look Ramires awkward on the ball, which is the truth. That's not an over-exaggeration in the slightest. Overstating his technical abilities would be to say he's a poor man's Drogba.

Well, he's not Raul, he's not an Inzaghi, and he's not a Drogba and he's not smooth as some would like, but he is strong and persistent, so all i can say is he's something else and he could be exactly what Chelsea need to lead the attack. I don't see better options out there at the moment, but I'm honestly not watching as much football as I used to. I've also not watched much La Liga this year; same as last year and the year before.

Costa won't flop like Torres because he has something that Torres doesn't.... heart and fucking soul!!!!

:clap:

Please tell them what drogba had in abundance more than any striker in his prime.

[Heart and the will to run, hustle, get opponents booked, win freekicks, fight to score, getting into the box to tap the ball at EVERY cross just to score,]. All these are so important because if u have only technique and u don't have that heart, you can only stop at balloteli's level and not progress to where costa is now.

Please tell them what drogba had in abundance more than any striker in his prime.

[Heart and the will to run, hustle, get opponents booked, win freekicks, fight to score, getting into the box to tap the ball at EVERY cross just to score,]. All these are so important because if u have only technique and u don't have that heart, you can only stop at balloteli's level and not progress to where costa is now.

You can't push Drogba off the ball if defenders did accomplish this he drew a foul. In his prime nobody could do this better at the time.

You can't compare Costa to Drogba. Drogba was an elite striker....Costa is good but nowhere near great.

Top-class strikers: Cavani, Ibra, Lewa, Suarez

Solid strikers: Costa, Martinez, Benzema, Dzeko..

Good second options: BONY

You can't push Drogba off the ball if defenders did accomplish this he drew a foul. In his prime nobody could do this better at the time.

It was sheer desire to be on top of every situation on the pitch, he dived, pushed and did anything to give chelsea an advantage. He used his strength to his advantage, got himself mentally ready for the top games and was a renowned world top 5 striker even without the technique of ibrahimovic.

You can't compare Costa to Drogba. Drogba was an elite striker....Costa is good but nowhere near great.

Top-class strikers: Cavani, Ibra, Lewa, Suarez

Solid strikers: Costa, Martinez, Benzema, Dzeko..

Good second options: BONY

I'm comparing their passion for the game, the way they show fighting spirit on the pitch. Things that only the mentally strong do.

Just did a comparison, he has as good a completion percentage as Lewandoski, and has scored about half his goals with rhe left foot and another half with the right. More successful take ons than Lewandowski+Sturridge. Dude is legit and about to hit his prime.

And yet Drogba didn't have as good a goalscoring season as Costa is having until he was 29.

The question is: Is Costa individually that good? or is Atletico's system giving him the service to capitalise and score 25+ goals in the league this season?

The question is: Is Costa individually that good? or is Atletico's system giving him the service to capitalise and score 25+ goals in the league this season?

Both.

You think Torres would score 25+ goals playing their system?

On the other hand, it's not guarenteed for him to score 25+ goals in our system.

What Liverpool used to do to Torres, rush him back from injuries.

It's not good

Well I am not sure, didn't they leave him out against Villareal and Barca, 2 much more potential difficult games than today. I think he insisted he wants to play otherwise Simione wouldn't have let him. But yh I think you might be right, if he is knackered today then we know he is not exactly fully fit. But then again we are playing them in 4 days so hopefully he is off form by then too.