Drogba may return to Chelsea

BlueLion.

Would you be happy if Drogba returned to Chelsea?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Should Didier come back?

• YES - as a player-coach! His experience could be crucial.
    • YES - but just as a coach. Time to look to the future!
    • NO - neither as a player or a coach.

Didier Drogba has confirmed he is leaving Galatasaray - and may well be set for an incredible Chelsea return.

The Ivorian took to Instagram to reveal he will leave the Turkish giants after the expiration of his 18-month-long contract in June. Having scored twenty times in 53 games for the Istanbul club, Drogba most certainly still "has it" in terms of his footballing ability.

British newspapers The Daily Mail and The Daily Express have led with the story after Drogba gave an emotional goodbye speech to the Galatasaray supporters following their victory over Eskişehirspor in the Turkish Cup final.

It has been widely touted that José Mourinho is willing to make Drogba a player-coach, and with the impending arrival of Diego Costa, Drogba's return would hugely strengthen a relatively weakened Chelsea frontline.

With Demba Ba and Samuel Eto'o both likely to move on this summer, Fernando Torres is left as the Blues' solitary striking option, other than Romelu Lukaku, who may be loaned off elsewhere or even included in the deal to bring Costa to Chelsea.

Would you be happy to see Drogba return to Chelsea? Vote in the poll and have your say here.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It'd be nice to have to back as a coach. Even if he was assigned specifically to Lukaku, I think it would be well worth it. He'd be a pretty inspirational figure as well. He could also give Costa a few tips to help him settle quicker!

If he's genuinely interested in coaching and Jose sees something in him then why not? Personally I've never thought he was the type to go into that side of the game....generally speaking I think defenders and midfielders tend to make the best coaches.

If he did come back then why not give him a playing contract as third striker behind Costa and Mandzukic? It's hardly that many matches per season.

Drogba player coach would just be amazing...

The way it ended was perfect though and i wouldn't want to tarnish that. But it would be pretty amazing to see him start smashing them in. Just imagine needing a goal and having costa lukaku and drogba all on the pitch.

I could honestly see Drogba knocking in a handful for us as a third striker or late game sub against tired sides.

He'd still be brilliant I think if we're struggling to score against a parked bus or something and we send him out as a battering ram alongside Costa or Mandzukic.

Don't see anything wrong with handing him a 1 year contract. Could only be good for the locker room as all of the players love him. He's still got some gas left in the tank.

Even at 36 I am convinced he still can do a good job, but I'd like to keep his fairytale ending of his last kick in a Chelsea shirt being the one that brought us our first CL trophy. So if he's finally ready to finish his great career as a player I'd gladly have him in the coaching staff :)

Even at 36 I am convinced he still can do a good job, but I'd like to keep his fairytale ending of his last kick in a Chelsea shirt being the one that brought us our first CL trophy. So if he's finally ready to finish his great career as a player I'd gladly have him in the coaching staff :)

This.

Him and Lamps coaching next season (if we do sign Frank as a player/coach or even as a player and then a coach the season after) would be amazing.

Apparently this season for Gala he has looked his age, maybe it's best for him just to come back in a coaching capacity? i mean if we're desperate for a third striker why not just keep Eto'o? I'm not sure he's still physically capable of bullying defenders, i think he'll be a good coach and mentor to Lukaku if he stays.

This is what the dressing room needs though, Lampard, Drog, Cech, Terry, Cole (if he stays) and Mourinho, that winning mentality, leadership and more importantly all Chelsea legends. I honestly believe we need these players around to influence our younger players, look at Luiz and Mata for example, from day one Drog, Terry and Lampard taught them what it meant to play for Chelsea. Alright things didn't work out for them but it wasn't because they weren't passionate about this club, they have both said many times they want to become legends at this club. If Drogba wants to come back as a coach it will only a positive in my eyes, same with Lampard.