Most overrated Players ever

TheWiz

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zidane is overrated in a way, people these days saying he's the best ever... he's in the same league as Laudrup and Ineista, who are world class players but not the best. Pele, Maradona and Messi are in a league of their own IMO.

The most overrated player now? Neymar, he'll be another Robinho. Not on the same level as Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho or Kaka.

come on that is hardly a popular opinion, Maradona and Pele are the consensus 1-2 greatest players of all time. At least those people you clam Zidane is the greatest player of all time are making their own openion most who say Pele and Maradona are the GOAT have never seen them play. I personally never make those kinda statements but for me Zidand is the greatest player i have ever seen.

Inesita is overrated for those who consider him in the same league as Zidane or Laudrup. I can never concede that Inesita is anywhere near as good as those two.

Alvaro Recoba is a pretty good shout. Amazing player but so inconsistent.

Zidane is overrated in a way, people these days saying he's the best ever... he's in the same league as Laudrup and Ineista, who are world class players but not the best. Pele, Maradona and Messi are in a league of their own IMO.

Was Beckham overrated? I don't think so - the guy was phenomenal with the ball - sure he couldn't beat players - but that wasnt his game? His game was delivering the ball on a 50p piece anywhere in the box and delivering great set pieces?

I would have had him at Chelsea in a heartbeat...

No offence to a lot of posters - but it doesn't appear that you have watched the majority of these players in real life, you've just heard they were popular and thought - overrated!

As for Ballack he was a great player - had a winning mentality and really helped Chelsea!

Veron was probably the worst player in the EPL for big money - yet he wasnt a bad player, just needed too long on the ball. When he went back to Italy - he was still good... (As he had more time on the ball).

Bit of a weird thread if you ask me? Especially as everything is so subjective...

Kaka. He was very good when he was fast, but his speed was the key to his success. As a playmaker, he wasn't exceptional. He was phenomenal in 6-7 games in a season and invisible in most. But he was incredibly popular and overhyped, and his good looks and "good boy" image played a huge role in his popularity.

Beckham? Really?? Lol ok

Wayne Rooney

Not even the best English player I've seen. :) That would have to be Paul Gascoigne and by a very wide margin.

Beckham was an excellent player, but never top 10 for me.

So, to sum up, names mentioned in this thread :

1)Zidane

2)Ballack

3)Cristiano

4)Messi

5)Hazard

6)Reus

7)Casillas

8)Kaka

9)Giggs

10)Ronaldo

11)Maradona

12)Raul

13)Figo

14)Xavi

15)Del Piero

16)Iniesta

17)Shevchenko

18)Maldini

19)Pirlo

20)Cannavaro

21)Totti

22)Nesta

23)Kompany

24)Scholes

25)Cantona

26)Benzema

27)Laudrup

28)Ronaldinho

29)Cavani

30)Beckham

:carlo2:

So, to sum up, names mentioned in this thread :

1)Zidane

2)Ballack

3)Cristiano

4)Messi

5)Hazard

6)Reus

7)Casillas

8)Kaka

9)Giggs

10)Ronaldo

11)Maradona

12)Raul

13)Figo

14)Xavi

15)Del Piero

16)Iniesta

17)Shevchenko

18)Maldini

19)Pirlo

20)Cannavaro

21)Totti

22)Nesta

23)Kompany

24)Scholes

25)Cantona

26)Benzema

27)Laudrup

28)Ronaldinho

29)Cavani

30)Beckham

:carlo2:

art-student-owl-meme-generator-food-is-o2f6b548624594022d46424fc223070d679f46fd9reality_-_is_overrated_who_needs_it.jpg