Euro 2008

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've found Euro 2008 quite good so far.Took a while,but we are now starting to see some good games.Most notably the Dutch massacare of the eyeties.Spain's drubbing of the Ruskies and Germany's 'no show' against Croatia.

Less said the better about France's borefest against Romania,in saying that i think the Dutch will suit France more and we are in for a cracker of a game this evening.Italy should'nt have any problems against Romania this afternoon.

Germany will not fancy facing Portugal in the quarters,and i'm expecting Scolari's men to romp to the semis.where Croatia will be waiting for them.

Obviously watching this tournament as a 'half' neutral,i want to see an attacking Euro 2008 final,and only a Portugal v Holland or Spain final will produce such a match.

I've already got over England's absence.They would of been in Spain's group with Sweden and Greece had of we been fortunate to qualify.Blessing in disguise we are'nt there,if you ask me :) .

My money is on Portugal to win Euro 2008.My folks/family will kill me if i go against Portugal.

One word to describe the Dutch. Wow.

They still wont win it. MARK MY WORDS!!!

History has it that the most attractive team in the competition NEVER wins the competition. Argentina in the World Cup an example. My money is still on Germany and Portugal.

I think at this time Holland are the best team, but the best team doesn't necessarilly win tournaments. *Cough* Liverpool *Cough*

Greece in EURO 04, France if it wasnt for Zidane headbutt, France in EURO 00

Edited by warnie_666

Although the Dutch were simply brilliant last night,it would be premature to put their name on the trophy.They should get to the semi's where Spain will more than likely be waiting for them.

The plus point for the Dutch is that they can afford to lose against Romania.They'll be doing everyone else a favour by eliminating both France and Italy,who could get stronger as the tournament enters the knockout stages.

Sniejder was amazing,brilliant play and scored a superb goal.Badboy has been right lately.France and Italy simply could'nt live with Holland.

I still think it will be a Portugal v Holland final.What a final that would be.

BLUE LION!!

Whats your take on Malouda now. He still is SHIT !!!...I thought may be the first season in EPL made it tough for him(as you mentioned longtime back), but hes the same for France. He is their weakest link, absolutely ridiculous player to have on the wings.

I agree Malouda was poor last night.

For the headed goal he did not look at the ball was looking at the player the whole time trying to prevent him from heading.

We seriously need to think of a replacement for him as soon as

Petr Cech's just made a howler... 2-2 now :(

Hope he can redeem himself in the penalty shootout if it goes penalties

Having just said that Turkey have gone 3-2 up :(

Edited by Kez

Its all gone a bit mad lol 3-2 and Turkey have no goalie

Poor Cech though.Sure he will push it out of his mind for when the season starts but still woops

All in the space of a few minutes

FT:3-2.Poor Cech :(

Edited by Laylabelle

Thought the Czech's had that one won.

Turkey have been impressive the last 2 matches. Just wish it weren't at the expense of a Chelsea player.

Euro 2008 has brought some good football so far :D

Hope it continues