Expectations for 2014-15 season? Time to end the sucess/failure debate for all

Fabregas and Costa officially signed, have people made up their mind yet? With Luis and maybe Pogba(unlikely but who knows) to follow nothing then running away with the title will be acceptable now for me. Maybe even Capitol One cup too seeing as we along with City got the best squad depth now.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we win nothing next season should it be considered a failure? probably, if we get say 90 points but someone gazumps us and gets 93 then im not sure, that's something you can't legislate for.

However Jose should not be sacked whatever happens. With United and Spurs sacking there village idiots and appointing a world class and very good manager respectively, competition for top 4 places will be bigger than ever before, never mind the title, and if we sack Jose and then make a Scolari lite error, we could be in trouble. For aslong as Jose is around we at the very, very, very least will be competing at a high level and you know what they say, keep challenging for the big titles and you will get them eventually. Furthermore, if we are struggling to win the title under Jose, it will be even harder with someone else.

With the competition getting fiercer than ever, having a competant manager is vital, and we have one of the best of all time.

Fabregas and Costa officially signed, have people made up their mind yet? With Luis and maybe Pogba(unlikely but who knows) to follow nothing then running away with the title will be acceptable now for me. Maybe even Capitol One cup too seeing as we along with City got the best squad depth now.

You cannot expect to run away with the title in this league. It just doesn't happen. Look how tight the league was last year. Do you honestly think we have moved that far forward and everybody backwards in one summer? I don't think so. It will be tighter than ever IMO.

I think we have a fantastic chance though. We have improved in crucial areas. We have a striker (finally!!) Fabregas (who i believe we have bought to partner Matic) with his vision and creativity adds something we have not had in the centre of our midfield. And a world class goalkeeper. This makes us favourites IMO. My expectation is to win the league. I am quietly confident we will do that. Any cups would be an added bonus.

Having said that if we don't win anything again then calls for Jose to go are ludicrous. We are still rebuilding our team here. It is a slow process, one that needs time. I'm not saying we require another 'transitianal' season. We are almost there. Stay patient.

But with what we have and can do. It could be a memorable season.