Chelsea 1-2 Sunderland

Jase

Man of the Match  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

- Terry/Matic legit but disallowed goal NOT a ref call.

- Ramirez clobbered by Larsson in front of the open net [red card+penalty] NOT a ref non-call.

- Azpi/Altidore fake penalty NOT a ref call.

And the linesman that made ALL these decisions is from Liverpool. Definitely non-biased.

</sarc>

31 shots. 1 goal. That's the ref's fault as well?

Yeah, the ref was terrible, but blaming him is just making excuses and trying to cover up our embarrassing lack of quality in the final third.

You sure 100% we would score the penalty? no lamps or hazard.

And we could concede more with that shaky defence against Wickham...

I was talking about the Matic and Terry incident. hence why I didn't say 3-1.

Not really considering our defense is one of the best at home when it comes to tight situations such as this.

People confusing officiating with a poor game. Just cause we had a poor game infront of goal doesn't mean officiating needs to be done by someone who's suffering with autism. Guaranteed we made things worse for ourselves but that does NOT justify the pathetic state of refereeing.

Agreed. But officiating is not something we have to worry about. Our poor finishing and the fact that our attacking system is still not working after a whole season is.

31 shots. 1 goal. That's the ref's fault as well?

Yeah, the ref was terrible, but blaming him is just making excuses and trying to cover up our embarrassing lack of quality in the final third.

Even with 31 misses <repost> the score would be 3:1 (or 2:1 if penalty missed) plus 11 against 10. </repost>

Agreed. But officiating is not something we have to worry about. Our poor finishing and the fact that our attacking system is still not working after a whole season is.

I explained that to the other guy. It was bound to be expected with the strike force we have. We brought in a stop gap with Eto'o and it's bloody remarkable how decent that worked out.

but I disagree with the first part. If things are going blatantly against you, then it's something to worry about. It's hard enough already with us screwing up chances, but they make it worse.

Even with 31 misses <repost> the score would be 3:1 (or 2:1 if penalty missed) plus 11 against 10. </repost>

On the other hand, even with the ref making all those mistakes, the score would have been 4 or 5-2 if our decision making in the final third was anything close to decent.

So you have a choice on who to blame the loss on: The ref and the officiating and cry about conspiracies or our own players and their deficiencies and try to improve on that?

I explained that to the other guy. It was bound to be expected with the strike force we have. We brought in a stop gap with Eto'o and it's bloody remarkable how decent that worked out.

but I disagree with the first part. If things are going blatantly against you, then it's something to worry about. It's hard enough already with us screwing up chances, but they make it worse.

My expectations of our strikers are very low and I don't really worry about any of them since I know they will either be gone or a squad player next season. My worry is about our AMs who are yet to make our attacking system work. We either have to rely on set pieces, a moment of individual brilliance, or the other team being in transition. Unfortunately, we have failed to create a working attacking system, or at least glimpses of one, this season.

Second part, same answer as above. The game is gone and dusted so I don't look at the ref. I look at our own problems because that is what will be a worry in the future.

Unfortunately, we have failed to create a working attacking system, or at least glimpses of one, this season.

The lack of width/offensive threat from the fullbacks, and the lack of a true ball-playing CM (exacerbated by Ramires' dire passing abilities) are two of the biggest reasons for that in my opinion. I doubt either issue will be remedied next season though sadly, mostly due to Mourinho's preferences and tactics.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/other-sport/corinthian-jake-collin-journey-city-3382790

Yesterdays linesman that disallowed our goal and gave the penalty to Sunderland ...used to play for Liverpool.

You couldnt make it up...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/other-sport/corinthian-jake-collin-journey-city-3382790

Yesterdays linesman that disallowed our goal and gave the penalty to Sunderland ...used to play for Liverpool.

You couldnt make it up...

Anything is possible with the Scum ,,, WHO are above the law ,,, Never ever mention The H word

Some decisions did not go our way in the match and same with Sunderland but this is going OTT with this conspiracy stuff for Liverpool to win the league. Remember when we played Liverpool at the Bridge earlier in the season. Eto'o should have been sent off. One for a studs up challenge on Henderson IIRC and made a blatant foul on Suarez in the penalty box which Webb ignored. We were very lucky as Eto'o made 2 clumsy challenges which he got away with.

When we drew with WBA earlier this season it was a clear dive from Ramires to win get the penalty. Had that not of been given we would have lost 2-1 at home. The ref saved our ass that game. Had their really been an agenda for Liverpool to win the league, the ref would not have sent off Chico for his challenge last week but he did

Decisions that don't go our way happens but decisions that go our way which have been fortunate have also happened. It is 50/50 really.

We only have ourselves to blame.