PSG v Chelsea

Jase

I thought about the headers... still not enough.

If we play Hazard and Oscar smartly, they can make exactly what Schurrle needs for his runs to be effective playing as a striker.

I think the most concerning aspect is the man-marking that obviously happens with strikers and not necessarily with wingers... if the other two move better and smartly, it'll work. But it depends more on them than on Schurrle imo

Not saying it won't work, in fact, I'm very interested to see how it pans out. But like I said, it's a gamble. If PSG give us a lot of the possession, then we'll end up without a target up top and Alex and Silva would have an easy night. But if we play deep and rely on the counter, the speed of the top four can be devastating.

I'm a little nervous about Luiz and Rami pivot. They both go ball chasing. One of them will have to show the discipline they haven't shown previously to curb their instincts cause I do fear they both will run towards the ball and leave the middle exposed.

who is #6 and #8 between the two of them? I suppose Luiz is more fixed and defensive and Ramires a little less?

That's a valid point. I hope they hold well their positions

Not saying it won't work, in fact, I'm very interested to see how it pans out. But like I said, it's a gamble. If PSG give us a lot of the possession, then we'll end up without a target up top and Alex and Silva would have an easy night. But if we play deep and rely on the counter, the speed of the top four can be devastating.

there's no way they'll give us a lot of possession. They have as much possession as Bayern and Barça in UCL according to stats I've saw earlier. Their midfielders average 100+ passes per match. There's no way we'll dominate possession. That's why I think we're slightly faves - or have the slight edge. Their gameplan works perfectly for ours. We love playing possession teams and they're the epitome of such

edit: also I'm not saying it will work, just that anything is better than having Torres...

Looks like it's Chelsea fans causing the troubles.

A lot of blue flares around and a lot of street stalls have been smashed up apparently

BkPFHxHCAAAiPxk.jpg

BkO_pJnCQAAvC-P.jpg

Actually the way I heard it, it's our fans that are causing trouble. Hope those reports aren't true.

then huge shame on us :(

I'm a little nervous about Luiz and Rami pivot. They both go ball chasing. One of them will have to show the discipline they haven't shown previously to curb their instincts cause I do fear they both will run towards the ball and leave the middle exposed.

I'd imagine Luiz will sit very close to JT and Cahill and Ramires just above him. Rambo needs to hassle the PSG midfield and Luiz needs to have discipline tonight in knowing when to come out, go forward and also to help with the threat of Ibra and Cavani.

Big night for Luiz tonight, probably playing for his future in my opinion.

PSG are no mugs, In my opinion they should have knocked out Barca last season and they've been nothing but impressive so far. We need to contain them tonight, But I fancy us. Why? Because I'm a Chelsea fan and I still think we'll win the league and the Champions League.

Going for 2-1 to them tonight, Ibra with an early penalty, Cavani to make it too but Hazard to give us hope with the second leg.

Come on Chels!

Looks like it's Chelsea fans causing the troubles.

A lot of blue flares around and a lot of street stalls have been smashed up apparently

BkPFHxHCAAAiPxk.jpg

Oh no, some kind of cart has fallen over!! :philjones

Seen some dodgy reports on Twitter, all stemming from ONE person's twitter account. Think I'll wait until there's a few more credible reports.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10740521/Chelsea-hooligans-go-on-the-rampage-in-central-Paris.html

Hundreds of Chelsea football fans went on the rampage in central Paris on Wednesday, smashing up cafes and shops before the Champions League quarter final against Paris Saint-Germain.

The worst of the violence was in Rue St Denis, a popular tourist street full of pubs and bars.

Some 400 thugs could be seen making 'Seig Heil' salutes and chanting racist abuse before they started attacking PSG fans.

Fucksake.