UCL Final - Chelsea Vs Man Utd

James

Ha Ha...just like Dan Cross as mentioned in that article, I walked out of the pub totally devastated and then realized i dint pay my tab. I forgot my goggles in the pub. I couldnt think of anything but JT's miss. I had to go back in the pub and pay my tab and see the man utd fans jumping around me. I still forgot to pick my gogs though.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michief is right. In the cold light of day the officials were really off the mark We should have had 3 corners that were given as goal kicks.

Also in hindsight when Rio nearly took Joe Coles head off that to me was a clear penalty. Anyway it's gone now. Its just gutting that we were the better team, and the game was in effect decided on the toss of a coin. OK the Riverdance Poofta had the better of Essien to get their goal, but Wayne'Granny Shagger' Rooney was made to look like a pub team player.

I've seen some fans having a right good laugh at JT, but there's always some cunts somewhere.

I've had texts and e mails of a yellow bollard with 'Beware Slippery' sign and a pic of Terry, and a picture of Chelsea Slippers marketed as 'Terrys Boots' from Man Utd fans.

Not proud to say but I responded with 'Whos that lying on the runway' soundfile of singing Man City fans.

Shut them up though.

John terry is a fucking legend i know this sounds weird but i like him even more now.

Not weird at all, JT had an awesome game on Wednesday and everyone is gutted for him that he slipped at the crucial time, and even though he did slip an inch the other way and it still would have gone in.

John terry is a fucking legend i know this sounds weird but i like him even more now.

Well it wouldnt have even got to penalties if he hadnt cleared off the line. He's got to be down -but he'll bounce back. ' Ere John, it's only a game'.

I cant get on Drogbas back like a lot of fans. Probably the same ones that slated, Ballack and Ashley -what a fucking performance from Ashley !?! btw.

To me Drogba will always be a Chelsea great, and if his shot that hit the post had been six inches to the left he'd be feted as the best thing since Osgood. It is a lot of ifs and buts, but at the end of the day we lost UEFAs fucking lottery at the end -not the match.

Well it wouldnt have even got to penalties if he hadnt cleared off the line. He's got to be down -but he'll bounce back. ' Ere John, it's only a game'.

I cant get on Drogbas back like a lot of fans. Probably the same ones that slated, Ballack and Ashley -what a fucking performance from Ashley !?! btw.

To me Drogba will always be a Chelsea great, and if his shot that hit the post had been six inches to the right he'd be feted as the best thing since Osgood. It is a lot of ifs and buts, but at the end of the day we lost UEFAs fucking lottery at the end -not the match.

Couldn't agree more FB!!! Good call on Ashley Cole, outstanding and a very underrated player who doesn't get anywhere near enough credit, the best player in the world (aparently) wouldn't go anywhere near that side of the pitch because he know he would get no joy out of Ash.

Drogba was stupid, i won't hate him for that. I would be delighted to see him stay next season. But i would want to see more from him than we got this season, he went from a destroyer of everyone being totally unplayable to looking a lot less interested and lacking form.

At the moment i just feel pissed off not about the result, but events that day....

I was on the 6.15 flight options flight My dad on the 5.55 one, after arriving in mosocw tried to call him and shocked that he was still in gatwick but they were told they were flying soon got another call 2 hours later saying the flight was cancelled he was so upset he could barely speak, i should of enjoyed the day but couldnt i felt numb, sick and guilty for being there. When i got into the ground it was worse seeing the empty seat there next to me, i didnt enjoy the goal celbration i couldnt.

I know this sounds stupid but on reflection i think he feals better as we didnt win as it would have been worse knowing that you had a ticket and flight but werent out there celebrating, also i dont know how i could of looked him in the eyes afterwards knowing how he would of felt, also i dont think i would of been able to enjoy the celebrations like i should of done.

BOYCOTT FLIGHT OPTIONS NEXT SEASON

ROLL ON ROME 2009

Why did Drogba had to pick that exact match to perform an action contravening Health & Safety's Sport section, paragraph #5,498,261, sub-section z6i, sub-sub-section f?

Interestingly, a group of idiots at my school were sounding off about how Man utd were the best team in the world and Chelsea were shit. When I mentioned how a supposedly "shit" team dominated the game and only lost because of the surface, half went strangely quiet and the other half just repeated themselves. Had it been a forum conversation, they would have doubtlessly reached straight for the Caps Lock key.

Edited by Drogba11CFC

At the moment i just feel pissed off not about the result, but events that day....

I was on the 6.15 flight options flight My dad on the 5.55 one, after arriving in mosocw tried to call him and shocked that he was still in gatwick but they were told they were flying soon got another call 2 hours later saying the flight was cancelled he was so upset he could barely speak, i should of enjoyed the day but couldnt i felt numb, sick and guilty for being there. When i got into the ground it was worse seeing the empty seat there next to me, i didnt enjoy the goal celbration i couldnt.

I know this sounds stupid but on reflection i think he feals better as we didnt win as it would have been worse knowing that you had a ticket and flight but werent out there celebrating, also i dont know how i could of looked him in the eyes afterwards knowing how he would of felt, also i dont think i would of been able to enjoy the celebrations like i should of done.

ROLL ON ROME 2009

Feel sorry for you and your dad mate, Rome it is..

Had it been a forum conversation, they would have doubtlessly reached straight for the Caps Lock key.

:lol:

Couldn't agree more FB!!! Good call on Ashley Cole, outstanding and a very underrated player who doesn't get anywhere near enough credit, the best player in the world (aparently) wouldn't go anywhere near that side of the pitch because he know he would get no joy out of Ash.

Drogba was stupid, i won't hate him for that. I would be delighted to see him stay next season. But i would want to see more from him than we got this season, he went from a destroyer of everyone being totally unplayable to looking a lot less interested and lacking form.

Its no coincidence Drogbas performance has been erratic since Mourinhos departure, and the play acting has returned. He has an immature streak (dont we all ?) , and needs a manager he can respect, someone strong who can control him.

At the end of the day he is a quality player, if he played for another team, people would be posting Youtube clips saying we have to buy him. Primarily, we need a coach the players respect who has tactical knowledge and can react to situations.

Its no coincidence Drogbas performance has been erratic since Mourinhos departure, and the play acting has returned. He has an immature streak (dont we all ?) , and needs a manager he can respect, someone strong who can control him.

At the end of the day he is a quality player, if he played for another team, people would be posting Youtube clips saying we have to buy him. Primarily, we need a coach the players respect who has tactical knowledge and can react to situations.

I think with Drogba it goes beyond someone needing to control him. Last season he had a lot to prove to everyone, and he set about every game giving his all. This season right from the start you could see a more casual approach from him. He is a strange character who needs to be in the right frame of mind to get the best out of him - like the second Liverpool CL game.

I think with Drogba it goes beyond someone needing to control him. Last season he had a lot to prove to everyone, and he set about every game giving his all. This season right from the start you could see a more casual approach from him. He is a strange character who needs to be in the right frame of mind to get the best out of him - like the second Liverpool CL game.

He can be a moody cunt -all creative people are. I think if he was managed by Ferguson, Wenger, there'd be no problems. Conversely can you imagine Rooney, Ronaldo, Adebeyor being ..er..managed by Grant ? They'd all be way off the rails.

Was too inibriated/hungover/gutted,call it what you want to come on here yesterday.

Firstly Hingis:i won't gang up on you,but i certainly don't endorse your comments about Terry,and i'm sure that most of the members on here have spoken for the majority of us fans.

Well,what can i say?.Humbled but absoloutely proud of our boys,except for Drogba,who totally let down himself,his team mates and more importantly the thousands of travelling fans who spent hundreds,some,thousands of pounds to make the journey.I'll be glad to see the back of him,and i really make no apologies for saying that.

JT was man enough to take a penalty-shows exactly the legend he is to Chelsea.

Anelka?.I'm in two minds about him.One tells me he just did'nt care,the other tells me,if he was reluctant to take a pen,he certainly should'nt be forced unto taking one.His body language told he just did'nt fancy it.

But had'nt of Drogba acted so petulantly towards Vidic,we would'nt be talking about if's and but's.

We'll be back next year,better and stronger.

Now we're trophyless,(something not unusual to me),hopefully the gloryhunters will fuck off and support Yahnited or whoever.

:blue scalf:

ROLL ON ROME 2009

Sorry to hear that.I know a few bods that were stranded at Gatwick.Shoddy flight arrangements and shoddy orginisation.Hopefully the company will refund all fans affected and we get another bite of the cherry next year in Rome :thumbsup:

To me Drogba will always be a Chelsea great, and if his shot that hit the post had been six inches to the left he'd be feted as the best thing since Osgood. It is a lot of ifs and buts, but at the end of the day we lost UEFAs fucking lottery at the end -not the match.

IT takes a lot of HARD WORK and time to gain respect and takes a moment to lose it all.

Drogba, had all the respect from fans even when he started throwing his tantrums in the media.Many of us wanted him to stay, they cheered him, chanted his name and did everything [possible to show their love to him. Still he kept on whining, and crying and started his theatrics on the field.

He threatened us throughout the season, whined and cried, and then what does he do, gets himself sent off. It wasnt a tackle that sent him off, He slapped him when we had 4 minutes left for penalties. We have beared alot from him throughout the season, and that act from him just summed his season up.

He has let us all down. He can very well fuck off.

Oh yeah, apart from that shot on the post, he was barely in the game.

It doesnt take any manager to control him. All it takes is a bit of ridicule and insults that actually spurs him to give his best. Kinda, Negative Psychology as they say.

It took him 2 years to reach his best. For two years under JM he dived all over, play acted on the field. But when we bought Sheva, he knew his place was in danger, Plus veryone saying, Drogba will be the second striker and Sheva will be the first choice, spurred him up like any fucking thing. Right from the first day of the season, he was a monster on the field scoring some unbelievable goals. All thanks to the -ve psychulogy that his was subjected to.

Again, at the start of the season 07-08, he knows that he is the best striker in the world by miles. What does he do..? takes it easy. HArdly any goals untill he gets ridiculed by all quarters for saying he wants to leave the club for sacking Jose. Everyone questiond his integrity. What happens? he starts scoring goals.

Then, the UCL. Drogba has had a quiet month of April by his standards. Rafa makes a mistake of ridiculing Drogba in the media. What happens? He slams those words down Rafa's throat by scoring 2 fantastic goals.

The problem with Drogba is, He takes it a bit too easy when people praise him and call him the best. Thats when he becomes the old Drogba. He only shows his potential when he gets ridiculed and his game is questioned by people.

A lil late but here are my thoughts on the game... had to deal with my brother's Scouser ass all day yesterday...

We owned Manure the second half... all we had to do was score, and we didn't...

Vidic got away with murder the entire game...

We shut Rooney down and did awesome containing Ronaldo minus the goal...

The pitch was garbage... there were hills and seams everyswhere!

Drogs needed to keep his cool and failed to do so...

JT and Ashley were a 2 man wrecking crew... they even had a couple of breakaways, which I thought was kick ass...

and lastly JT should not have been taking that PK... Kalou was availible, as was Anelka...

Edited by pablo814

A lil late but here are my thoughts on the game... had to deal with my brother's Scouser ass all day yesterday...

We owned Manure the second half... all we had to do was score, and we didn't...

Vidic got away with murder the entire game...

We shut Rooney down and did awesome containing Ronaldo minus the goal...

The pitch was garbage... there were hills and seams everyswhere!

Drogs needed to keep his cool and failed to do so...

JT and Ashley were a 2 man wrecking crew... they even had a couple of breakaways, which I thought was kick ass...

and lastly JT should not have been taking that PK... Kalou was availible, as was Anelka...

Anelka has said he dint want to take it.