• Ramires
    • Willian
    • Oscar
    • Hazard
    • Eto'o
    • Torres (sub)
    • Mikel (sub)
    • Salah (sub)

First of all "dreadful error"??? Did he let ridgewell walk the ball in the net??? He let berahino cross the ball into a box full of xhelsea shirts. If the goal is anyone's fault then it luiz's for lwtting victor get ahead of him so easily. Or more so of letting such a big gap develop betweeb him and GC..

Berahino got the ball and shifted it to his right foot and that is when iva got into position. Iva in tring to pressure berahino and losinf out to him would have led to a 2 on 1 with mikel and a much worse situati on than we were in.

No. It was clear that as soon as Berahino got the ball, Ivanovic should be more aggressive and quicker in coming out to put pressure on the ball but he didn't. And what 2 v 1 situation are you talking about? Even if Berahino got past Ivanovic, there's Mikel and heck even Ramires to cover as he was standing so close to Ivanovic. Ridgewell was near the touchline and not even close to the penalty box.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one worried about Terry being out? Luiz looked shaky against a Remy-less Newcastle and I know that Anichebe is no Drogba, but I fear that he might have a hard time against a big, strong striker, as he usually does. And I'm surprised people want Torres or Salah to start this game. This is a decisive time in our season and we need our strongest XI playing today. We still have 4 days rest till Man City.

These were my comments in the match preview. I guess there was a little bit of truth in them.

Yeah good point.

JT is essential in our defence, for his defending obviously, but also for his captaincy which is very important especially when trying to see games out. No doubt our defence is drastically better with JT in it.

Was mourinho actually serious when he said we shouldn't be challenging this season?

Of course not. He won't be saying that to the players will he? JM is brilliant in these situations. He'll say one thing to the media, complete different story to the players. It takes the pressure off them but more importantly puts pressure on other teams, particularly Man City. (Look at what him and Pellegrini in the media). Why shouldn't this team challenge for the title? Yes we are young and are building, but look at the talent and money spent. We are in this race, JM is protecting the club in case we come up short. He's a genius.

No. It was clear that as soon as Berahino got the ball, Ivanovic should be more aggressive and quicker in coming out to put pressure on the ball but he didn't. And what 2 v 1 situation are you talking about? Even if Berahino got past Ivanovic, there's Mikel and heck even Ramires to cover as he was standing so close to Ivanovic. Ridgewell was near the touchline and not even close to the penalty box.

5 yards out dude. That is how close iva could get. Letting berahino go goal side or even cross to the near post would have been far worse options.

I see very little comments about Ramires. IMO, he was the worst player on the pitch for Chelsea today. Absolutely shocking game. No drive, no energy, poor passing (except the one to Hazard), poor touch, easily dispossed, offered NOTHING in attack and didn't cover for Brana or Willian when they pressured us. Simply put, he was useless. Matic made him look mediocre today.

And he's been useless for months now. Do people still believe he's a regular starter in this squad? I don't.People keep banging on about a striker, but we also need a CM who can dictate the tempo against defensive opposition like today. A Gundogan VIDAL type midfielder. We can't put all the creative burden on the 3 behind the striker, especially in games where there is no space. Add to the fact that our full-backs barely even over-lap these days (under orders from the manager), it leads to sterile, dull, uninventive football.

Corrected for you, that's the type of player you are talking about - world class attacking, defending, passing, tackling, shooting at the same time (heard they are talking about him as the best modern box-to-box midfielder in some reputable football academies around the world). I agree with you, Ramires is an average midfielder with huge stamina, but he is the type of player Jose loves to have in his team, a true soldier and I'm afraid this compensates for his poor passing, shooting etc. Still, I would not mind Ramires + €25-30M for Vidal, but this won't happen, it is Mikel who will leave this summer rather than Rami.

Not sure if we are tired, but most of team didnt give a fuck. Hazard was a man that dissapointed me most, he just didnt care and run enough. Usualy he puts much more effort but not tonight. Oscar is another cold-warm player. He can have perfect match or completely invisible. From a #10 (even if not the most typical one) I expect at least some playmaking and creating couple of good chances.

Dont care what anyone says, the booing off Ramires from WBA fans was pathetic.

If we booed every player who was at the forefront off a controversial decision that went against Chelsea in the past we would be at it almost every game. Why can't they get their heads round the fact what comes around goes around? ffs last season they won at QPR because Fortune assaulted Rob Green.

I never use to mind WBA, now i want the fukers relegated.

In terms of going forward and creating chances we've become too reliant on Eden. Oscar plays extremely deep, unlike the way Mata used to, and Willian still hasn't found top gear yet in terms of creating clear cut chances.

When playing Azpi at LB, we've got even less going forward as though Bran gets into attacking positions, his final delivery is not effective to put it mildly.

Not complaining about any of the attacking midfielders, I'm delighted with the players we've got. But this kind of performance isn't surprising to me. Eden wasn't gonna keep up that breathtaking form forever. Tiredness, and a West Brom that were extremely up for it obviously had a huge part to play. Let's move on...

Corrected for you, that's the type of player you are talking about - world class attacking, defending, passing, tackling, shooting at the same time (heard they are talking about him as the best modern box-to-box midfielder in some reputable football academies around the world). I agree with you, Ramires is an average midfielder with huge stamina, but he is the type of player Jose loves to have in his team, a true soldier and I'm afraid this compensates for his poor passing, shooting etc. Still, I would not mind Ramires + €25-30M for Vidal, but this won't happen, it is Mikel who will leave this summer rather than Rami.

Vidal or Gundogan will obviously improve us massively. I mentioned Gundogan because I like his style more and because he's more of a realistic target.

just realized why we need kurt zouma next season!!.....we were outplayed at very place in second half....they pressed hard and the refree got confused with rugby and football quite often...i remember seeing atleast 2 lunges by west brom players and our players were lucky to escape them and refree pretended they didnt see them....

luiz wasnt bad but his marking was directly the reason for the goal(how i wished terry was there!)...wonder why cahill was blamed for it?!

Ramires was woeful and willian played one of his worst games...he would not pass..and i would like to see a stat to know how many passes he completed!!

hazard and oscar tried but we did nothing to be direct and effective.....wish we had a midfield with ballack,makalele and essein...

maybe we can bring out a good response from this result...all is not lost...i only thing by end of this week mancity would have come on top...dont really thing arsenal got it in the long run once CL begins...