Mario Pašalić

Just now, Vesper said:

Atalanta only has 4 MFers (all positions) on their entire squad

they have already strongly hinted they want to exercise the 15m euro buy option for Pasalic

IF we sold Azpi in the summer, I would love to work out a swap plus cash for their RB, Timothy Castagne, toss them Pasalic plus 15m euros (13m quid) for him that is 30m euros worth of player and cash, for Castagne (26m quid) which is more than fair.

An Azpi sale would basically cover it all (this coming summer is our last chance to get over £20m for him)

Stop dreaming, Vesper. We ain't gonna sell Azpi! :rant:

20 minutes ago, Jason said:

Stop dreaming, Vesper. We ain't gonna sell Azpi! :rant:

selling him is probably close to one of the least of my concerns, but this (Atalanta) is the team with the RB I would go for in terms of backup for Reece

Azpi's legs a year from now in terms of EPL brutal pace place are going to be even worse

dog help us if Reece gets hurt for any extending time starting next fall and going forward

poor fullback play is the death of us in terms of going against the big boys

I am sure we just wind Azpi down and lose him on a free in 2022 (he turns 33 in August of 2022)

If we do the same with Alonso i am going to go bonkers, especially if we disastrously miss out on Chilwell (I think missing out on him is my number one fear for the summer, followed by Sancho and Werner, all 3 of whom are so FAR from certain deals for us, in fact the odds are stacked against us on all 3)

it is insanity if we go with the same 4 fullbacks we have now for 2020-21 and 2021-22 as the only one I have a lick of confidence in is Reece, and he is, after all, still a teenager

Emerson is a great backup, but hardly a world beater as a full time starter

46 minutes ago, Vesper said:

IF we sold Azpi in the summer, I would love to work out a swap plus cash for their RB, Timothy Castagne, toss them Pasalic plus 15m euros (13m quid) for him that is 30m euros worth of player and cash, for Castagne (26m quid) which is more than fair.

Meunier is also available for free. 

8 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I think he might get snatched up this January

and then there is this

Juventus to trade De Sciglio for Meunier?

https://www.juvefc.com/juventus-to-trade-de-sciglio-for-meunier/

Inter Interested In PSG Pair Kurzawa & Meunier

https://sempreinter.com/2019/11/13/inter-interested-in-psg-pair-kurzawa-meunier/

On 13/11/2019 at 8:46 PM, NikkiCFC said:

Severely overrates fullback. Pretty much hopeless defensively. Scoring goals as a fullback doesnt make you a good fullback, I mean just look at half the opinions on here regarding Marcos Alonso and even Ivanovic towards the end despite him getting goals.... even then hes 28 turning 29. Plus he has lost his place at Paris I think for the very reason Tuchel cannot trust him defensively.

On 13/11/2019 at 7:59 PM, Vesper said:

An Azpi sale would basically cover it all (this coming summer is our last chance to get over £20m for him)

We need a left back more than we need a right back atm Alonso needs to go big time 

1 hour ago, the wes said:

We need a left back more than we need a right back atm Alonso needs to go big time 

I know, I have always stated that LB is one of, if not the first and most pressing needs (hello Chilwell!) and onbviously it is THE summer to finaly get rid of Alonso

I was just further fleshing out other options after my big 4 concern areas

1    A LB (I am truly in the Chilwell or bust camp, after him (if we disastrously fail) maybe we can see if Malang Sarr might work, he would be a big upgrade too, in terms of size, pace, raw athleticism)

2     A  RW (Pedro is leaving for sure, and quite possibly Willian)

3     A CF (Werner at that crazy low £25m release clause is a must attempt, what a weapon he would be (and can play either wing as well, of can play in a top 2 CF/SS system as well

4    A CB (if we, as we REALLY should) sell one (AC is who I see going, I do not see Lamps letting zuma go, and IF he keeps improving like he has, he si completely winning me over, ironically right after I snapped an did a stupid (doh) he must go post, for which I feel like an idiot over) and go for truly WC upgrade (Romagnoli or my favourite Konate at the top of my list)

Doing that cash plus Pasalic action for Castagne kills two birds with one stone and allows us to cash in on Azpi (this summer is it in terms of anywhere near a fair amount of cash we can get for him)  It is a TINY outlay as well (and turns cash positive by around 15m or so depending on what we get for Azpi, plus a lot less in salary outlays as well).

I do not expect it to happen, but I would be remiss if I did not post it, as it would be a smart move (Castagne is big (1.85m so less than an inch shorter than even Alonso, granted he is a RB, not an LB, but can help replace Alonso on set pieces when they both play as Chilwell is only 1.78m), young (23, turns 24 on December 5th so 6 or so prime years left) pacey and would be a perfect backup/rotational player for Reece, plus can play wingback and also fill in at MF and CB

He has been very impressive in the Atalanta games I have seen him in, and he is a tireless runner (like Azpi used to be and still is at times, albeit on far fewer occasions than when he was younger)

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
2 hours ago, Jason said:

Hope there's a clause at the very least. He could definitely get into our team and it's been that way for some time.

Do you think so? We have Jorginho, Kante, Kova, Mount, RLC in our squad right now(let's not mention Barkley) Gilmour and Gallagher(and maybe Ampadu) stand by. Pasalic is 25, good player but can't see him making into the starting 11.

Do you think so? We have Jorginho, Kante, Kova, Mount, RLC in our squad right now(let's not mention Barkley) Gilmour and Gallagher(and maybe Ampadu) stand by. Pasalic is 25, good player but can't see him making into the starting 11.
We lack goals from midfield when RLC ain't in it. To think Kante probably leads that stat from the start of last reason is beyond damning.

Options that differ from what's already available isn't a bad thing.

3 hours ago, LAM09 said:

We lack goals from midfield when RLC ain't in it. To think Kante probably leads that stat from the start of last reason is beyond damning.

You pretty much has answered why we don't need goals from midfield. We have kante and RLC. Plus we have Mount as am. You can't have have everyone scoring goals. 

5 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Gallagher, RLC, Kante, Mount. We have decent goals from the mid. I honestly think the thing we need the most, is a good 2nd striker and some goals from RW too. I mean we can see how good reece's final ball is. Add someone like Chilwell too, and our front 3 and mid will get a lot of chances, its about finishing those. 

You pretty much has answered why we don't need goals from midfield. We have kante and RLC. Plus we have Mount as am. You can't have have everyone scoring goals. 

RLC is back in Feb if we're lucky and have no idea what condition he'll be in.

As it stands, we don't have a regular source of goals similar to the Ballack, Essien & Lampard days.

Gallagher, RLC, Kante, Mount. We have decent goals from the mid. I honestly think the thing we need the most, is a good 2nd striker and some goals from RW too. I mean we can see how good reece's final ball is. Add someone like Chilwell too, and our front 3 and mid will get a lot of chances, its about finishing those. 

We haven't exactly been lacking in the chances department but still lack that clinical touch from last year.

I do agree with the point that the squad doesn't need massive chances right now aside from the addition of one or two players that are a class above the current crop.

16 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Atalanta to take up option on Chelsea loanee Mario Pašalić — report

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2019/12/2/20992467/atalanta-to-take-up-option-on-chelsea-loanee-mario-pasalic-report

Last season, Chelsea loanee Mario Pašalić helped Atalanta to a club record third place finish in the Serie A, which meant that the Bergamo-based club also qualified for the Champions League for the first time in their history. Given that windfall of UEFA money, Atalanta were fully expected to take up their €15m buy-option on the key midfielder.

Instead, they managed to work out yet another loan with Chelsea, getting the player back for a much smaller investment. It’s like we’re running a charity over here.

However, Chelsea did extend Pašalić for three more seasons before signing off on the loan, and that is bound to ensure that we eventually collect a fee for the 24-year-old.

And sure enough, given Pašalić’s continued importance at Atalanta, who are once again pushing for a top-four finish while also keeping hope alive of reaching the Champions League knockout rounds, reports are once again popping up of them exercising their buy-option. Here’s one from Tuttosport (via Football Italia), who claim this will only happen at the end of the season, which would make sense.

Maybe this time they’ll actually do it for real?

snip

he has scored quite a few goals (for a CMF) for them (look at the total minutes) in the last 2 seasons (and was not a full-timer at all until this year)

12 goals, 8 assists in 3355 minutes, all comps

ec00138cd732b63610d3a7d6339d4586.png

dca59b078657948355d2f19f57e5e92f.png