Mario Pašalić

Depends primarily on the number, or rather percentage, of competitive appearances and the ranking of the national team. For young players this can be overridden by the judgement of a government sanctioned, FA appointed, panel of experts. A permit can be granted if they assess a player to have outstanding potential. I may be misremembering, but I think we got Oscar's permit on outstanding potential.
Are the club to blame for not pushing harder, then?

7 hours ago, LAM09 said:
On 19.06.2019 at 5:37 AM, OhForAGreavsie said:
Depends primarily on the number, or rather percentage, of competitive appearances and the ranking of the national team. For young players this can be overridden by the judgement of a government sanctioned, FA appointed, panel of experts. A permit can be granted if they assess a player to have outstanding potential. I may be misremembering, but I think we got Oscar's permit on outstanding potential.

Are the club to blame for not pushing harder, then?

Pasalic is clearly not exceptional talent. He won't be able to get a work permit through the same procedure as Oscar, who played regularly for Brazil NT at the time. Pasalic was involved only in ~30% matches of Croatian NT over the last 2 years and for a work permit, you need to play at least 75% of games. So, there's basically no chance that Pasalic would receive work permit right now.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Pašalić? He is Croatian, in the EU, no permit needed.

You're right. Despite the fact that Croatia joined the EU in 2013, they still did not have freedom of movement for years. I was under impression that this still the case, however, I just checked and these restrictions were lifted last June. So theoretically Pasalic can get work permit since last summer. Sorry for earlier misinformation. Wasn't aware that the situation regarding Croatians has changed 12 months ago.

9 minutes ago, pHaRaOn said:

You're right. Despite the fact that Croatia joined the EU in 2013, they still did not have freedom of movement for years. I was under impression that this still the case, however, I just checked and these restrictions were lifted last June. So theoretically Pasalic can get work permit since last summer. Sorry for earlier misinformation. Wasn't aware that the situation regarding Croatians has changed 12 months ago.

watch Brexit fuck everything up :(

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2019 at 8:19 PM, the wes said:

Atalanta and Chelsea have found an agreement for the extension of midfielder Mario Pasalic’s loan deal, according to Italian publication Calciomercato.

Such a weird move this one. We are buying kovacic but would not give pasalic a shot who is a much better player. 

Just don't understand the people running this club. Bunch of nincompoops

On 7/1/2019 at 0:29 PM, 1905didierblue said:

Such a weird move this one. We are buying kovacic but would not give pasalic a shot who is a much better player. 

Just don't understand the people running this club. Bunch of nincompoops

Thats the way we roll at the Bridge :P

• 4 months later...
9 minutes ago, Jason said:

cc @LAM09

Atalanta only has 4 MFers (all positions) on their entire squad

they have already strongly hinted they want to exercise the 15m euro buy option for Pasalic

IF we sold Azpi in the summer, I would love to work out a swap plus cash for their RB, Timothy Castagne, toss them Pasalic plus 15m euros (13m quid) for him that is 30m euros worth of player and cash, for Castagne (26m quid) which is more than fair.

An Azpi sale would basically cover it all (this coming summer is our last chance to get over £20m for him)