Nemanja Matic

.Cee

Just now, Jason said:

If we are changing back to a back 4, we need 2 new CBs because Luiz and Cahill just don't work in a two.

Well we have Christensen and one of Luiz/Cahill can play with him. In this situation we need a LB asap. and we can play

Baka-Fabs
Kante
Chalo on bench and Matic would be perfect on bench too but i dont think he will choose it. One more man in middle.

11 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

One thing your love for Matic you're taking the piss right ?

I don't love the Guy. What is it with this Love Thing? I simply admire the way he plays.

I'm taking the piss no more and no less than People, who admire the likes of overrated Players like Zidane an Ballack ore great Players like Messi, LeTiss and Maradona.

I wonder, what some of you guys are dreaming of ...

Bakayoko on the Pitch, while Matic sits on the Bench? :D

Unbelievable ...

There is nothing Bakayoko can offer that Matic can't offer with just 70%-80% of his Capabilities ...

I do understand Conte's Love for less creative, but constantly running Players who tear themselves apart on the Pitch.

We need those Workers - That's where Kante's and Bakayokos Value comes from.

But we need the Football Brains as well. The ones who are capable of reading the Game and marshall the Center of the Pitch, creating Balance between Offense and Defense.

That's why Matic is one of the Cornerstones of the Team(s) that won us 2 EPL Titles.

A silent Heartbeat, although he was misused positionally I believe..

TBS, I don't mind bringing in Bakayoko ... But with a coherent Plan to dominate Midfield ... Not just willy-nilly and of course not with Matic on the Bench. Thats ridiculous.

If we bring in Bayoko ... I'd go like this ...

Kante ---------- Bakayoko

-----------Matic---------------

---- Pedro----Hazard------

----------Costa---------------

Whil I do agree (to some extent) that Bakayoko is equal to Matic when it comes to defensive Duties (Bakayoko played French League and not EPL), it is pretty obvious that, when it comes to Offense and Creativity, Bakayoko can't carry Matic's Waterbottle.

That's because Bakayoko lacks Matic's natural Vision and Creativity. He predicts Space and Situations before they occur.

Matic / Bakayoko Comparison

Games Played 35 32
Minutes Played 2697 2219
Win % 77% 75%
Goals 1 2
Assists 7 1
Fouls Conceded 33 51
Fouls Won 25 53
Tackles 51 70
Blocks 9 3
Interceptions 50 56
Clearances 46 53
Duels Won 143 242
Duel Success 51.8 59.2
Passes 1865 1369
Passes Successful 1636 1193
Passing Accuracy 87.7 87.1
Yellow Cards 4 2
Red Cards 0 1

3 hours ago, Last Sicarius said:

Well i hope Juve gonna get him finally. I dont think he would take bench player role. +40mln and lets go.

And rightly so.

Who in his healthy Mind would sit on the Bench, after being one of the Cornerstones of a Team, that won 2 EPL Titles - Fore an EPL unproven Player, who comes from a weaker League (Bakayoko I am talking).

Like where is the Sense? I really try to understand you Guys ... I try hard to count 2+2 but it's never 5 ... It's always 4.

Without Matic Chelsea winning the EPL will drop by 10%. If things go as planned with Bakayoko, he will improve us back by 3-4%.

If things go as planned. And thats a big if. Because if Things go south, we could end up not just losing the EPL Title, but go down completely and miss out on Champions League Positions.

MATIC        BAKAYOKO

ATTACK SCORE                      296,56        288,20

DEFENCE SCORE                    187,28        249,08

POSSESSION                           204,08         96,28

SUCCESSFUL PASSES          1602,00     1158,00

KEY PASSES                             20,00          14,00

ASSISTS                                     7                   1

CHANCES CREATED                27               15

PASS LENGTH                         17,63          16,28

SHOT ACCURACY                   54%            47%

INTERCEPTIONS                      55                54

BLOCKS                                      8                   3

CLEARANCES                           49                  54

TACKLES WON                         37                  56

TACKLES LOST                        62                    67

ARIAL DUELS WON                  60%               62%

FOULS                                      33                   52

Honestly think it would be a huge mistake to sell him to United and to have him replaced by such an average player like Bakayoko. He is less superior to Matic, fair enough hes younger and had a good season but hes not as talented as the likes of Mendy, Bernando Silva at Monaco and shouldn't be considered as a starter if he comes here in my eyes. Also imagine if United manage to piece Matic, Herrere and Pogba together in their midfield... I really think we should be looking for a player more like Ander Herrera than Bakayoko in all fairness. 

Chelsea are hoping to tie Nemanja Matic down to a new contract, despite the midfielder being keen on a move to Manchester United this summer, according to reports in the British media.

The Daily Mail is reporting that the Serbia midfielder is “keen” on a move to Old Trafford to link up with former manager Jose Mourinho this summer but the Blues are hoping he will sign a new deal at Stamford Bridge.

That is in spite of claims that Chelsea are still hoping to complete the signing of Monaco’s Tiemoue Bakayoko, who would add further competition in midfield for Matic.

Matic has been linked with a move away from Chelsea this summer after he was used in a midfield rotation system along with Cesc Fabregas by Antonio Conte last season.

The Serbia international was a regular fixture in the Chelsea team under Mourinho as the Portuguese coach led the Blues to a Premier League and League Cup double in the 2014-15 season.

It remains to be seen whether Chelsea will be able to convince Matic to pen a new contract as the Blues continue to be linked with other players in his position.

thumbs-up-matt-leblanc.gif

Ok ... This would be so great ...

Kante ---------- Baka

--------- Matic ---------

-- Pedro - Hazard --

--- Centreforward ---

Two great Defensive Midfielders ... One defensively minded Midfielder, who offers Playmaking Brilliance ... Two Offensive Mids ... and one CF ...

What else does a Team need?

18 minutes ago, TheWiz said:

Kante ---------- Baka

-- Pedro - Hazard --

--- Centreforward ---

Two great Defensive Midfielders ... One defensively minded Midfielder, who offers Playmaking Brilliance ... Two Offensive Mids ... and one CF ...

Someone who can create goalscoring opportunities from midfield. Do you really think that matic has playmaking abilities? 5 or 6 of his 7 assists this season came from corners.

24 minutes ago, MefiX19 said:

Someone who can create goalscoring opportunities from midfield. Do you really think that matic has playmaking abilities? 5 or 6 of his 7 assists this season came from corners.

Absolutely.

Matic is not a natural DM .... I strongly believe in that ... But a natural Playmaker with really good Defensive Assets, who is able to build the Game out of Defense ore out of neutral Situations.

That Pass out of a tight Situation, surrounded by 3 Player ... Are you kidding me? All the Blame goes to Hazard, not being able to score being practically Heads Up with the Goalkeeper ...

MaticBrilliance.jpg

23 minutes ago, TheWiz said:

Kante ---------- Baka

-- Pedro - Hazard --

--- Centreforward ---

Dude...We all accept that Matic is an ok player, but you talk of him like he is some creative mastermind. 7 assists is like his best ever offensive output and it is still a tiny number but about the best such an average player can achieve no matter his midfield role. Not even half as much as Matic and still produced 5 assists more in the league.

if you really think that Conte will maintain Matic as a starter once we got Bakayoko you are the one in for a surprise. If Matic would do his job defensively we would not even need Bakayoko. Those 7 assists and 27 chances  Forget about those tiny numbers. In his 347 pro games, he only produced 22 goals and 26 assists. But I guess that is what you call  playmaking brilliance

6 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Dude...We all accept that Matic is an ok player, but you talk of him like he is some creative mastermind. 7 assists is like his best ever offensive output and it is still a tiny number but about the best such an average player can achieve no matter his midfield role. Not even half as much as Matic and still produced 5 assists more in the league.

if you really think that Conte will maintain Matic as a starter once we got Bakayoko you are the one in for a surprise. If Matic would do his job defensively we would not even need Bakayoko. Those 7 assists and 27 chances  Forget about those tiny numbers. In his 347 pro games, he only produced 22 goals and 26 assists. But I guess that is what you call  playmaking brilliance

Ok, first of all .. He is not just an ok Player. You are talking about him, as if he plays Japanese Football League Level ... while in Fact he is one of the Cornerstones of a Team, that won the EPL twice under two differenct Coaches.

As fore the Rest, you said - You are correct. But not perfectly so.

Because what I say, (and/ore believe) is that Matic has the Potential to play like a creative Mastermind once he is used in the proper Position with the proper Duties assigned by the Manager.

How is he supposed to unleash his offensive Assets if our Manager chains him to a sole DM Role with overwhelming Defensive Duties?

He isn't. And although he isn't he still managed to produce ...

7 Assists

21 Chances

1600 Successful Passes ... with an Acccuracy of 88% ... and 77% Forward Passes

7 minutes ago, TheWiz said:

Ok, first of all .. He is not just an ok Player. You are talking about him, as if he plays Japanese Football League Level ... while in Fact he is one of the Cornerstones of a Team, that won the EPL twice under two differenct Coaches.

As fore the Rest, you said - You are correct. But not perfectly so.

Because what I say, (and/ore believe) is that Matic has the Potential to play like a creative Mastermind once he is used in the proper Position with the proper Duties assigned by the Manager.

How is he supposed to unleash his offensive Assets if our Manager chains him to a sole DM Role with overwhelming Defensive Duties?

He isn't. And although he isn't he still managed to produce ...

7 Assists

21 Chances

1600 Successful Passes ... with an Acccuracy of 88% ... and 77% Forward Passes

Exactly those numbers are what i am talking about...they are ok, average, exactly what you expect from an average player. Dozens of midfielders in the top leagues produce these kind of numbers. 

So 347 games under various managers and none has got your idea that he is a "creative mastermind". Tell me, why are you the only person in the world who sees Matic as a creative player? Why has no manager ever assigned him offensive duties? I will tell you, because he underwhelming at it. He has an average technique, cant use his right foot to save his life, has no balance and sucks at finishing. According to transfermarkt, Matic started 29 games in a more advanced position and contributed a whopping 3 goals 5 assists. So when you play him more adavanced you obviously get the same modest output you get when you play him anywhere else. Which is why no one has ever tried to give him more offensive duties again. There are so many players better at that.