Nemanja Matic

.Cee

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Seeing more and more rumblings about him going to United. Please don't let our our be stupid enough to send a very good player to a direct rival.

You are right. And I fear the worst ... Rumours about him leaving to United are intensifying day by day ...

16:00pm: Nemanja Matic reportedly wants to quit Chelsea for Manchester United.

That is according to the Manchester Evening News, who claim he wants to link up with Jose Mourinho again.

Mourinho is targeting a central midfielder in order to coax the best out of Paul Pogba next season.

And Matic could now make the move to Old Trafford - with both clubs now haggling over a fee. 

Please don't let him leave Antonio. Just don't ...

If Jose wants him so badly then swap him for Martial. He wasn't against selling top young talent at chelsea in order to buy ready made players. Would be a great option for us who could play as any of the front 3.

Selling Matic would not be a big miss. I think the whole idea of bringing in Bakayoko has put a firm line under his time at Chelsea and it's time for him to move on. 

Not exactly a reliable player IMO anyway, in the 14/15 season he was phenomenal, but he's never been the same since that season.

Under Mourinho, he'll probably find his form again, not under Conte though, sadly. 

We need upgrade on him, I don't mind him staying with us, as long as we bring someone better who will start ahead of him. Also, I hate it when we sell players to direct rivals, especially if it is manure, the only way I'd be happy to sell him to them is for foolish price as 30-45mln.

18 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Who knows, maybe we want Bakayoko AND Tolisso?, while Matic leaves...

No definitely not both of them. Bakayoko looks like more of a possibility than Tolisso.

If we get Bakayoko and sell Matic, we'll end up with Kante, Fabregas, and Bakayoko as central options, with Loftus-Cheek and Baker as our homegrown players in and amongst them. I don't think we need to go beyond this!

People seem to forget about homegrown players and we need enough of these to compete in Europe next season. Plus, I think Lewis Baker can be a big player for us. Conte can find some good stuff in him! He just helped Vitesse win a Dutch Cup, so it's not as if he isn't understanding what being a champion feels like. 

22 hours ago, Pizy said:

Seeing more and more rumblings about him going to United. Please don't let our our be stupid enough to send a very good player to a direct rival. Matic may not be a first choice player for us next season but he's still far too good to be sold to a team that will surely be challenging us for the title. He would complete their midfield and free up Pogba to roam around more easily.

Unless we're bringing in world class players in their positions there's absolutely no way we should even consider sending players like Matic or Willian to direct rivals. These are they quality options a top side needs to challenge on every front.

Any player who'll just stand there without going forward will 'free up Pogba' and unlock their midfield. Doesn't matter if it's Matic or Bakayoko, or their own youth player. Man United have to sign somebody, and they'll improve; may as well have the money go to us, lose a player not good enough, and be forced to improve ourselves.

It would be very stupid to not sell him, regardless of the interested party. From Cech to Ronaldo, plenty of players have gone to direct rivals before, without necessarily individually improving, nor taking the team they joined to the next level.

Last Summer it was 'All Arsenal need is a great goalie.' Now 'All United need is a midfielder'. Like Matic specifically?:lol: So scary, I already see him winning awards, chasing down anyone who runs past him & balancing that with good releases of the ball to his teammates :lol: If Fellaini doesn't unlock Pogba or 'free' their midfield then Matic wouldn't either. He isn't the player he was at Benfica, and he isn't going back to that player.

1 hour ago, chrismada9 said:

No definitely not both of them. Bakayoko looks like more of a possibility than Tolisso.

If we get Bakayoko and sell Matic, we'll end up with Kante, Fabregas, and Bakayoko as central options, with Loftus-Cheek and Baker as our homegrown players in and amongst them. I don't think we need to go beyond this!

People seem to forget about homegrown players and we need enough of these to compete in Europe next season. Plus, I think Lewis Baker can be a big player for us. Conte can find some good stuff in him! He just helped Vitesse win a Dutch Cup, so it's not as if he isn't understanding what being a champion feels like. 

If we sell Matic, then we will definately get two midfielders. 

We need another new CM, not just replacement for Matic. Im sure there will be some experimentation with midfield next season, maybe even 3:5:2 and if that is our future, Baker fits it and we can maybe even play Cesc for big games. But if we insist on pivot, then we need four capable mids, only Kante and ocassionaly Cesc fit that bill (if we sell Matic).

I guess Chalobah can step up, but not Baker, he is not pivot player.

Regarding youth, I pray Baker makes it here, he seems very level headed and coming after great season. Now he needs to play as much as possible in PL next season to continue development. Not just a game once a month in cup. If Conte doesnt plan on using him regulary, loan to PL club would be best for him. Same for RLC, he needs play time even more.

I dont see Baker in current formation ever. He would be perfect in Lamps role in three man midfield, but as pivot next to Kante...no way.

Baka/Tolisso-Kante-Cesc and eventualy Baker takes Cesc spot, or we go with Kante-Tolisso and keep Matic, Cesc for backup, but again Baker has no place.

14 hours ago, BlueStorm1003 said:

If we sell him, it better not be to another English club. Let alone mounure. I believe that in a 3 man midfield he could possibly work, and if not have him as a squad player.

I don't subscribe to this idea. Footballers are not slaves. If, I say if, the man and his family have decided to build their lives here in England then why have we the right to decide that he must disrupt those plans? I know it's not a widely held point of view, but I'm proud of the way the club put the wishes of Petr & Juan ahead of narrow self interest. In any case predictions of doom following from those deals have proved to be groundless.

I accept that there are limits to the amount of self sacrifice players can demand of Chelsea. Eden Hazard to Man City, for example, would be footballing suicide but, Nemanja is Not Eden Hazard. If he wants to go to Manu, then let him. For the right price of course.