Nemanja Matic

.Cee

20 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Shout out to @Henrique who saw it coming from miles away. 

That's actually a Quality Certificate for Matic right here, from the Forum.

B/c in my Opinion Henrique, like many Users here, knows as much about Football as any ordinary Dairy Cow about Ballet.

However, the good Thing is, that our Club is led by Professionals not by Forum Users.

Matic is Worldclass and a Football Genius at times. Comparing Nainggollan to him is laughable at best..

Nainggolan is not even the "F" of the Footballer that Matic is.

Wouldnt trade him for 2 Nainggolans. And fortunately, neither would Conte.

3 hours ago, Socur Toxanarosa said:

Don't think Matic is a football genius, but he is certainly our most underrated player, he's crucial.

I'm not saying it either. All I am saying is that at times he shows flashes/glimpses of a Football Genius ... Feints, Dribbles, Passes out of nowhere ...

7 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

It's not the man who is crucial, it's his role. There are a whole lot of people who can play that role better than Nemanja does.

Ditto Victor Moses.

Edit to expand a bit on what I'm saying: It's clear that Antonio feels Nemanja is his best option for that role. The boss sees the alternative options in training most days, so his judgement is good enough for me. We may, however, learn more about the manager's long term thoughts on this when the window opens. I say 'may' because, even if we do not reinforce that position (or Victor's), it won't necessarily mean that we didn't try.

No there aren't, since Essien passed his prime we didn't have a reliable DM until Matic arrived. And the ones who could supposedly do his job at least on a similar level, are already in top teams. We will probably reinforce this position tho, but it's because we need depth.

10 minutes ago, Socur Toxanarosa said:

No there aren't, since Essien passed his prime we didn't have a reliable DM until Matic arrived. And the ones who could supposedly do his job at least on a similar level, are already in top teams. We will probably reinforce this position tho, but it's because we need depth.

Fair enough, a straight forward difference of opinion.

If Nemanja is still starting for us next season I'll feel we've missed an opportunity to make an important improvement.

On 10/04/2017 at 2:14 PM, itsbeauj said:

If you mean sign somebody, no need. Conte just needs to bloody put Fab in!

PS. On the subject of Nainggolan. If they don't let him smoke at half time, should be an alright signing haha

No, I there's a reason Antonio has been rotating Cesc and because he can't play in a midfield two regularly. 

I can see why people are calling for him again, because Conte is playing him in games were he can be useful and leaving him out of games he would be a liability. 

He was reliable when he first resigned. Just doesn't seem to bring much to the table now, whether it's making a few key passes/scoring or being lively enough to close spaces.

I personally think this position along with a CF should be our main priorities when the market reopens.

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

He was reliable when he first resigned. Just doesn't seem to bring much to the table now, whether it's making a few key passes/scoring or being lively enough to close spaces.

I personally think this position along with a CF should be our main priorities when the market reopens.

Disagree in both, LCB, LWB and RF for me. After that, RWB, then, CM.

5 hours ago, LAM09 said:

What's going to happen with the options we currently have, then?

Ake, Willian, Aina, etc?

We will have lot more matches next season, need a bigger squad. The youngsters are not playing even now, they're not ready, must go on loan.

9 minutes ago, Socur Toxanarosa said:

We will have lot more matches next season, need a bigger squad. The youngsters are not playing even now, they're not ready, must go on loan.

Need to get rid of anyone that is surplus to requirements or isn't good enough. We'll be playing in one more competition, not 8.

10 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Need to get rid of anyone that is surplus to requirements or isn't good enough. We'll be playing in one more competition, not 8.

And where i said otherwise? Batshuayi and some youngsters will leave, Christensen will be back, and we will buy a LWB, a CM, Sanchez(hopefully) and a Striker, that's what i think will happen.

On 07/04/2017 at 7:36 PM, nono said:

I'm pretty sure Conte isn't happy with the midfield with the substitutions he's making. And if he rated Matic he'd have started him. Who do you guys think we can realistically sign in midfield in the summer to replace Matic ? 

I'm not too fussy - any one of this lot will be fine ta!

Verratti, Dahoud, Kessie, Nainggolan, Vidal, Bakayoko evil-smile_zpsfyepkeiv.gif

42 minutes ago, Socur Toxanarosa said:

And where i said otherwise? Batshuayi and some youngsters will leave, Christensen will be back, and we will buy a LWB, a CM, Sanchez(hopefully) and a Striker, that's what i think will happen.

You said for more youngsters to go out on loan and listed the following: LCB, LWB and RF for me. After that, RWB, then, CM. 

We really don't need that many new players all being well, but more quality is needed.

45 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I'm not too fussy - any one of this lot will be fine ta!

Verratti, Dahoud, Kessie, Nainggolan, Vidal, Bakayoko evil-smile_zpsfyepkeiv.gif

That's why you don't get in heated arguments. Compare any two of these players or be fussy about transfers and see what happens.

how-messi-and-ronaldo-are-and-how-their-