Fredy Guarin

xPetrCechx

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

of course he is not in the squad for tonights game, he is suspended for his 5th yellow card against Lazio. Jose said he is not interested in him nor in Jackson Martinez, that's enough for me

Thank god mate! Was scared for a secod! :)

I don't think he's good enough for Inter, let alone for us.... also he plays as the third guy in a 4-3-3 (or simply as an AM in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-2) more than he plays in Mikel's position and I think what we need the most is a guy that plays #6 but who can pick passes during the match and who can improve our transition. I don't think we need much of a DLP with how deep Oscar plays sometimes, we just need a guy that can defend really well, but who can also pass and have a bit of a vision. DLPs are hard to find and I don't see any available to come...

I don't think he's good enough for Inter, let alone for us.... also he plays as the third guy in a 4-3-3 (or simply as an AM in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-2) more than he plays in Mikel's position and I think what we need the most is a guy that plays #6 but who can pick passes during the match and who can improve our transition. I don't think we need much of a DLP with how deep Oscar plays sometimes, we just need a guy that can defend really well, but who can also pass and have a bit of a vision. DLPs are hard to find and I don't see any available to come...

This right here. I remember when Guarin played for Boca & I totally remember him on the wing. Same w/ on Inter. He plays on the flank. Freddy has tremendous pace & a terrific shot, but IMHO I think Willian is better than this guy & we don't need him.

It's an outside chance, but is it totally inconceivable that Jose sees Guarin as a guy who can cover a spot in the pivot and as an attacking midfielder? He's not that expensive (especially if we were to let Mata go for at least double what this guy costs), he's got the type of physicality that Mourinho likes and he'd be taking up the spots that Essien and Mata currently have in the squad (fifth choice AM and fourth/fifth choice defensive midfielder).

He's by no means a guy who makes our starting XI much stronger, but in terms of squad make-up it wouldn't be the worst move in the world.

It's an outside chance, but is it totally inconceivable that Jose sees Guarin as a guy who can cover a spot in the pivot and as an attacking midfielder? He's not that expensive (especially if we were to let Mata go for at least double what this guy costs), he's got the type of physicality that Mourinho likes and he'd be taking up the spots that Essien and Mata currently have in the squad (fifth choice AM and fourth/fifth choice defensive midfielder).

He's by no means a guy who makes our starting XI much stronger, but in terms of squad make-up it wouldn't be the worst move in the world.

You're right, but tbh I'd rather give someone like Chalobah Essien's current spot.

You're right, but tbh I'd rather give someone like Chalobah Essien's current spot.

So would I, but I've got a funny feeling we might get Guarin still. His versatility, his strength, his directness when he's in possession....honestly, there's a part of me that looks at him and thinks that Mourinho would rather him on the right-wing than Mata. In terms of building a squad, he's cheaper than Essien and Mata and could cover both of their positions probably just as well in the current system. Like I said it's a long shot but he does look like a Mourinho player in a lot of respects, although obviously there are plenty of question marks over him.

Swap deal for Vucinic apparently. Odd considering the amount of quality CMs Juventus have. Pogba or Vidal to leave?

Doubt it. Maybe Marchisio. Has lost his place in the starting XI to Pogba in recent times.

Inter fans livid, and the deal looks to be off

perfect, this deal is awkful. We need a midfielder and not a player like vucinic. He is discontinuous and always injuried (this year guarin made 3 goals and vucinic 2 lol)so what the hell are thinking our managers? Vucinic have an engagement of 3 mln/years and guarin 2.5 and he is old 31... IS a very bad deal.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You