Chelsea v West Brom

Jase

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on what he said on his interview about how happy he was with the three players behind the striker I wonder if Mourinho won't keep the three intact.

He may get Hazard to replace Schürrle just to prove to Eden everything is dealt with for his training session missed (I agree that nothing more than a game should be done, although in Brazil sometimes the player is fined by the club as well, which I think is appropriate, if I miss a day of work the school may discount it from may payroll). Schürrle had a good match, but nothing spectacular imo, so dropping him for Eden is okay. If he decides to keep Schürrle, I think it's okay too as Hazard didn't play particularly well against Newcastle (who did?).

The other possible change could be Mata for Oscar, simply because this is one of those games that suits Mata imo. Oscar did nothing to be dropped imo, as he still offers more collectively to the team than Mata does (creatively neither has been impressive in their last two matches, so any edge Mata has in that department is based on potential, not recent performances). I doubt Mourinho will do it, but I'd be okay if he did. I'm pretty sure he'll start both Oscar and Willian and I guess it's 50/50 between André and Eden.

As for the changes in the back... I wish he didn't change. One match before an international break will do nothing to Luiz's form. Azpilicueta was miles better than Cole (Bertrand if recovered is a valid option though) and I think Mikel worked well with Ramires. I can see him rewarding Lamps' assist with another start. I wouldn't mind in this particular match either as I think this is the kind of match Lamps can play well for us, basically for the same reasons I think Mata could. So I'd say Cahill is a given, Cole has about 30% chances of starting and Lamps 60%.

Personally I don't care much about most players starting. With the exception of Cech, Terry, Cahill, Ramires, Willian and Eto'o (as Torres is injured), anyone else he decides to play is okay (although I'd love Cole to warm the bench again). Our problem against Newcastle was attitude and I don't see this team making the same mistake twice in a row. They don't want to piss Mourinho off with bad attitude in such short term and that's why I think they won't. Hazard, Mata, Schürrle, Oscar, Mikel, Lamps are all playing good enough to justify their selections if they play, and except a few combinations that are bad (such as Mazacar and Mata + Lamps), whoever play has all conditions to make a good match and get us the result.

The fitness of Ivanovic and Rami is just amazing. Rami had to play without rest simce the Mikel-Lamps pivot doesn't work that well.

My team for the Baggies.

................ Cech.........

Azpi...... Cahill...... Luiz...... Cole

........... Rami..... Lamps............

Eden...... Mata.......... Schurrle

............ Torres (if fit)

I'd rest Ivanovic and Oscar.

We have to enjoy this fixture and hope it is worth it, cos we will be without Chelsea action for a fortnight after this. Fucking international break.

My team would be

Azpi-Cahill-Luiz-Bert

----Rami--Mikel-----

Willian-Mata--Hazard

--------Eto'o-------------

Hazard should play again, Willian maintains his spot, he was impressive vs Schalke, Oscar and Schürrle were not. Eto'o is closing in on maximum fitness. With his speed and sharpness back he can be one of the best strikers in the world every once in a while, like Drogba was in the CL winning campaign. Even if Torres is fit, we should not risk him when Eto'o is in form. Mikel has meritted a spot and having the luxury of bringing a fresh Frank Lampard from the bench is always good to have esp if we should need a goal in the last 15 mins.

Not bothered about the starting XI. I wanna see all of our players put in 100%

None of the bullshit we saw at St. James'.

Do you guys see how Arsenal are playing ? Theyre at the top of the league for a reason. We need to step our game up because so far this season the only times ive been genuinely satisfied with our play/work rate has been Bayern, Hull (first half), Spurs (second half), Steaua and Man City. Other than that, we havent really played really well.

Especially when we're at home, i expect us to outplay our opponents and play some champagne football while we're at it. That just hasnt happened enough this season.

Do you guys see how Arsenal are playing ? Theyre at the top of the league for a reason.

That reason being that they've only played twice against the top 6 teams. They have played some good football, there is no denying that, but they have also looked very average at times like at the weekend against Liverpool.