Spurs v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing is absolute. They worked out incredibly well on many occasions under Robbie.

Thing is why play Ramires out wide when we've got Schurrle or even Willian to play there. They provide the defensive cover and also the attacking side, which something Ramires isn't good at when playing out wide.

I do because I think he's being extra cautious because the team is still far from its best form. The young boys seems absolutely insecure in their own game and with the exception of André (who although very participative and intense also lacks tons of accuracy) they've been showing that the big games are a bit too much for them to handle tactically. So I understand his caution, it still frustrates me, but he's thinking about securing results against the title contenders and allowing the boys to play against the rest. It's a very cautious approach and I believe playing against Swansea, Everton, Newcastle, etc... will help the boys to get confident both technically and tactically.

It's a transitional period and the team obviously is far from the product end and from the way Mourinho expects them to react.

I get it all, I support it all, but a part of me wants to see an exciting team and an exciting team doesn't include three CMs in the formation.

I don't because I don't believe that what seems his philosophical approach to football (take less goals than the opposition) is the right one for this team and the players we have. It should be about "scoring more than the opposition" for this team, and if you want to build confidence with the players we have that is what you should do. Just about any player is not performing as they should in the team and that has got nothing to do with age. The whole discussion about what system he's going to play now is symptomatic, we should play our game/system and let the other teams adapt, if you can't do this with this team, you're the wrong trainer.