WTF IS GOING ON WITH MILEY CYRUS

kellzfresh

Makes me eternally grateful that my children think that whole group of performers are awful... They are stuck listening to my music since I control their iTunes accounts and if I don't approve they don't buy it! Living in China has its advantages, plus they get exposed to international genres too.

They prefer Depeche Mode, The Clash, Bare Naked Ladies, eurythmics, Coldplay, train, beatles, elton john, and so on today's pop!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In England almost half of the teens under 16 don't know where fucking Liverpool is on the map ...and some of them are from there

The General Knowledge of the modern teenager is shocking. They have no idea about anything that is going on in the world and most of them literally FEAR reading newspapers (you should have heard the reaction in our class when reading the news articles was our book report). They are impossible to comprehend and often have to use 'like' in every sentence.

If I had to give an example typical sentence most teens use these days it would be:

"She told me like yea she'd like really like it cos it was like yea really awesome and she was all like totally I loved it!"

They are unaware of anything, they are ignorant. Apparently there is a latest fashion nowadays to say "Obama done this". Apparently at the end of anything people say "Obama done this" (with a really annoying accent). It makes my ears bleed that every time the smallest thing happens ranging from a pen falling on the floor to a teacher telling us to do a question, I have to put up with a guy in our class in an annoying accent saying: "Obama done this."

Moreover, I remember some people in our school claiming the reason Obama should be elected president is because he is 'a cooler guy to hang out with than Romney'. Now I mean of all the reasons behind why Obama should have been elected or whatever, they pick this. Shameful and embarrassing. I feel ashamed to say I am part of this generation which cannot register anything in its brain other than 'swag' or 'YOLO'.

I actually remember showing someone the article I wrote on TC, they replied why I even bothered writing such a thing because writing articles is a waste of time and is boring and annoying. Dunno what this generation is going to be like, already when there are several environmental and economical issues, the fact that our next generation is being influenced in such a wrong way is worrying, but there are always some intelligent people.

Have you seen some of the 13 year olds now just on social media sites? It's getting ridiculous. It's the same ones with all those 'Drake' quotes and Nicki Minaj on there Iphones.

I have to put up with it, due to which I avoid using Facebook. Thankfully I mostly get football posts and less of the garbage others post.

Nope I haven't. I don't have any friends this young on facebook. Can you bring examples or smth?

Here's an example of a comment on a post that was supposed to discuss about the school presidential candidates. (I just quickly skimmed through my football and cricket filled timeline to find this)..

"literally you guys are like advertising a hand grenade company on a peace poster..KNOCK IT OFF ADVERTISE ON YOUR OWN POSTS PLEASE ONLJOun kjnnbo82174"

(Yea very intelligent)

and lots of pics of girls trying to do things like Miley Cyrus (from well before any of this happened, girls have been posting things like this on FB).

Makes me eternally grateful that my children think that whole group of performers are awful... They are stuck listening to my music since I control their iTunes accounts and if I don't approve they don't buy it! Living in China has its advantages, plus they get exposed to international genres too.

They prefer Depeche Mode, The Clash, Bare Naked Ladies, eurythmics, Coldplay, train, beatles, elton john, and so on today's pop!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thankfully I'm not a major fan of music anyway :D but it's good to hear that some teenagers don't accept this nonsense either.

The General Knowledge of the modern teenager is shocking. They have no idea about anything that is going on in the world and most of them literally FEAR reading newspapers (you should have heard the reaction in our class when reading the news articles was our book report). They are impossible to comprehend and often have to use 'like' in every sentence.

If I had to give an example typical sentence most teens use these days it would be:

"She told me like yea she'd like really like it cos it was like yea really awesome and she was all like totally I loved it!"

They are unaware of anything, they are ignorant. Apparently there is a latest fashion nowadays to say "Obama done this". Apparently at the end of anything people say "Obama done this" (with a really annoying accent). It makes my ears bleed that every time the smallest thing happens ranging from a pen falling on the floor to a teacher telling us to do a question, I have to put up with a guy in our class in an annoying accent saying: "Obama done this."

Moreover, I remember some people in our school claiming the reason Obama should be elected president is because he is 'a cooler guy to hang out with than Romney'. Now I mean of all the reasons behind why Obama should have been elected or whatever, they pick this. Shameful and embarrassing. I feel ashamed to say I am part of this generation which cannot register anything in its brain other than 'swag' or 'YOLO'.

I actually remember showing someone the article I wrote on TC, they replied why I even bothered writing such a thing because writing articles is a waste of time and is boring and annoying. Dunno what this generation is going to be like, already when there are several environmental and economical issues, the fact that our next generation is being influenced in such a wrong way is worrying, but there are always some intelligent people.

I have to put up with it, due to which I avoid using Facebook. Thankfully I mostly get football posts and less of the garbage others post.

Here's an example of a comment on a post that was supposed to discuss about the school presidential candidates. (I just quickly skimmed through my football and cricket filled timeline to find this)..

"literally you guys are like advertising a hand grenade company on a peace poster..KNOCK IT OFF ADVERTISE ON YOUR OWN POSTS PLEASE ONLJOun kjnnbo82174"

(Yea very intelligent)

and lots of pics of girls trying to do things like Miley Cyrus (from well before any of this happened, girls have been posting things like this on FB).

Thankfully I'm not a major fan of music anyway :D but it's good to hear that some teenagers don't accept this nonsense either.

At least they have one useful purpose - we can feel smart thanks to them :D

She seemed more normal on Alan Carr...

They seemed to talk about the whole Disney thing and how she hadnt got weird yet..lo and behold..no different to what happens in clubs etc just a bit more extreme maybe and on tv and those awards are known for crazy acts.

Achy breaky heart urgh!!!!That song lol..that bloke!

• 3 weeks later...