Question for British members

edetarod

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I always put chelsea ahead of the england team. But we actually have a chance of winning the champions league wheras england have like a 0 chance. So if we were to win it it would be incredibly special, as i have no idea how it would happen. Especially as it will be lampys last chance. Its extremely tough. But i suppose because we can actually win out ourselves i'll take england winning the world cup, then in mourinho we trust for the champions league.

Dont think either will happen tbh.

But to throw the cat amongst the pigeons -it would be good to see Cahill, Cole, and Fat Frank with the World Cup

Fat Frank? He's one of the fittest player! (Eurosport)

Surprised by the replies. I would have expected people to put their country above anything else.

Chelsea winning the CL all day. Couldn't stand to see England win the World Cup, they would probably think they are world class again even though they never have been and fuck up every major tournament before going on a downward spiral managed by Gareth Southgate.

Chelsea, Champions League. In a perverse way winning the WC is probably the worst thing that could happen to England in the grand scheme of things.

Imagine it starting a new "football wave", like when Spain won the Euro 2008. Just instead of teams trying to replicate the tiki-taka, they'd go full England aka "Just get the ball from the back to our stiker", lol.

Chelsea, Champions League. In a perverse way winning the WC is probably the worst thing that could happen to England in the grand scheme of things.

True. But then at least we would have won it again... It would have been won extremely ugly, but i imagine it would be some sort of Chelsea winning the CL but with an even bigger underdog story and more luck sort of scenario.

Not to tomo...

Also fwiw, the topic should say for english members... As i doubt Scotish, irish, or welsh members give a shit about the england team.

Perhaps to open it up for everyone you should say "your own national team winning the CL, or your country winning the world cup"...

Which would you rather have?

1. England win the WC 2014

2. Chelsea win the CL 2014

Not being funny but when you say Britain you do realise Scotland , Wales and Northern Ireland are included into that !

Should of been question for english members !

Anyways ...Chelsea all day long !

lol, of course i meant English people, i don't know why i wrote British

can you change the title ?

but it's interesting, and pretty much what i expected: English people care more about club than country

i don't think there's any other nation where that's the case

Which would you rather have?

1. England win the WC 2014

2. Chelsea win the CL 2014

No brainer for me! Chelsea to win the CL (which is imo the greatest football competition in the world)! I cant stand England and havent supported them since the 2002 WC!

Woulda been easy to answer before 19/05/12 but now it's tricky. I'd still say Chelsea because i want us to win that Club World Cup. That's the pinnacle for me. I would love England to win the world cup but there's no chance that can happen, especially in a country like Brazil. If we qualify, we'll get humiliated out there.