• Terry
    • Bertrand
    • Chalobah
    • Ramires
    • Marco van Ginkel
    • Hazard
    • Moses
    • Ba
  2. 2. Who is Your Man of the Match? (subs)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

formation change to 4-2-3-1 in second half after MVG and Ramires came out you could see the difference in the game play.. there were was not a lot of interceptions or tackles in the middle which led to goal.. other than than the attack of the team look brilliant and no Mata or Oscar or De Bruyne.. Our team is going to be scary good this season even without markee striker

Great game. Yes, lesser opposition, but let's not forget that the the team we put out was not anywhere near full strength. Not even close.

A very very positive result. Very impressed with Traore, Van Ginkel and Lukaku. They really stood out for me.

can't believe ppl are saying kalas hasn't been good this preseason when he was getting rave reviews by all on here the first two games.. one mistake player is poor one goal they are good.. logic

it would be very weird if he actually got "rave reviews" because i blame him for both the goals that we have conceded in this pre-season. also its not just the goals, its the performance as well. before the goal, kalas got BULLIED off a long ball and cahill came in to clear. a couple of poor passes in this match and a couple of hopeless back-passes in either the first or the second match. and all this is when our defence was BARELY even tested.

Traore what a gem! (Don't give me those oh it's just preseason crap theory)

Can someone shed us some lights on his contract issue? Will he definitely be ours after he turns 18?

Technically he's already our player. Just needs to turn 18 and get a work permit.

it would be very weird if he actually got "rave reviews" because i blame him for both the goals that we have conceded in this pre-season. also its not just the goals, its the performance as well. before the goal, kalas got BULLIED off a long ball and cahill came in to clear. a couple of poor passes in this match and a couple of hopeless back-passes in either the first or the second match. and all this is when our defence was BARELY even tested.

firstly hardly bullied more like over zealous and jumped early if you watch it again.. and if you look through the match threads for those first two games you will see what im talking about ppl talking up kalas.. regardless you have your opinion I have mine we will leave at that.. lets just let it go cause I won't convince you and you will not convince me but all there is Chelsea :blue scalf:

Traore what a gem! (Don't give me those oh it's just preseason crap theory)

Can someone shed us some lights on his contract issue? Will he definitely be ours after he turns 18?

Not definitely, as there's nothing to commit him to signing for us. I think the fact that he's been brought on the tour and allowed to play is an attempt to get him on side for when he turns 18 in September. Then he'd be ours, but getting him a work permit is another issue in itself.

Technically he's already our player. Just needs to turn 18 and get a work permit.

So he is under contract with us isn't he? I thought he is just on trial? Can other team sign him up after he turns 18?

Not definitely, as there's nothing to commit him to signing for us. I think the fact that he's been brought on the tour and allowed to play is an attempt to get him on side for when he turns 18 in September. Then he'd be ours, but getting him a work permit is another issue in itself.

Looks like I am right, other teams can still steal his signature after he turns 18. However I doubt he will jump ship after we gave him this fantastic first team opportunities.

firstly hardly bullied more like over zealous and jumped early if you watch it again.. and if you look through the match threads for those first two games you will see what im talking about ppl talking up kalas.. regardless you have your opinion I have mine we will leave at that.. lets just let it go cause I won't convince you and you will not convince me but all there is Chelsea :blue scalf:

i really feel it would have been very pre-mature of us to talk him up on the first 2 matches because 1.he hardly had anything to do, 2.he made mistakes.

but all that was forgiven as you could put it down to inexperience and as u said over-zealousness. but the way in which the attacker ran past kalas was not a good sight and that is what really bothers me.

anyways solid performance overall. especially considering the fact that we dont have a half dozen players who were first-teamers last season. squad looks amazing.

Looks like I am right, other teams can still steal his signature after he turns 18. However I doubt he will jump ship after we gave him this fantastic first team opportunities.

He's been with us for 3 years (I think), so hopefully the decision should be easy enough for him.

So he is under contract with us isn't he? I thought he is just on trial? Can other team sign him up after he turns 18?

In August 2010, it was reported that Traoré had joined the Chelsea Academy from French club Auxerre in August 2010, rejecting Manchester United in the process.[3][4][5]

However, in January 2011, Traoré had still to sign for the club,[6] and in January 2012 the club confirmed that Traoré was not and had never been a Chelsea player, but had appeared once for the club's youth team in a friendly as part of a six-week trial earlier in the season.[7] However, on 17th July 2013 he made his debut, as a trialist not a Chelsea player [8], in a pre-season friendly against the Singha All Stars. Four days later, on 21st July 2013 he scored his first goal for Chelsea against Malaysian XI. In the same match he also assisted Romelu Lukaku for the third Chelsea goal. According to manager Jose Mourinho he would be signed officialy in September on his 18th birthday.

Him signing for us is just a formality. Unofficially he's ours already though. Can't see him signing for another club.

Source of the quote: wikipedia