Chelsea v Man Utd

Jase

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty dull first half. Not many chances. I think that's the way ManU wants it-to keep it close and be able to bring on their vastly better bench options later. They're shape has generally been very good so far and have been hard to break down and then they play quick triangles up the pitch from the sidelines to the middle of the park. Our passing has been really sloppy (Ramires in particular) and Oscar must have given the ball away five times in that half. Nani has been horrible for them and he's a whining little diver to boot. Game could still go any way. We need to find Mata some space. I might even think about switching Oscar and Ramires on the pitch because although Ramires isn't a good crosser, but his speed at least opens up things for the other attackers.

Ferguson clearly getting the better of Benitez today. At Old Trafford we started with a weakened lineup and changed the game completely after substitutions but today it's the other way around, we have our best players out there already but still couldn't really control the game. Now they can get the likes of Kagawa, Van Persie and maybe Young on and the game is pretty much over. Who do we have on the bench, Torres? We should have taken advantage of our stronger lineup in the first half and scored at least one goal, now I'm not too optimistic anymore.

Since I hate Manure with passion deep inside I´d like to see Chelsea winning today.

However, from logical point of view the club must finish in top four PL places.

Therefore, if Chelsea are knocked out today, it won´t pain me much.

That way, Chelsea will play less games & just maybe ends up placed for CL competition for next year.

Yeah i understand how you feel man, watching a chelsea game and not wanting chelsea to win is impossible for me. But knowing rafa's intention and the congestion of matches with FA and EL I think it may be to much for us to be able to finish in the top 4 and challenge for 1 of them. Our PL fixtures are awfully tough.