Manchester City V Chelsea

DavidEU

Manchester City vs Chelsea

Chelsea's race to catch Manchester United continues this weekend at Eastlands, with Utd's local rivals the opponents. After Wednesday nights disappointing defeat to Fenerbahce, the Blues will be looking to bounce back immediately and close the gap at the top of the table to 2 points, with Manchester United not playing until Sunday.

The previous meeting between the two sides saw Chelsea triumph emphatically 6-0, with goals from Michael Essien, Joe Cole, Salomon Kalou, Andriy Shevchenko and a brace from Didier Drogba.

Chelsea are undefeated in the Premiership since December and will know another before the end of the season will seriously dent their title hopes.

Petr Cech is unlikely to return, so Carlo Cudicini will continue in goal and Claude Makelele is likely to be rested ahead of next weeks Champions League second leg.

For City Micah Richards is defiently out, whilst Michael Ball wont be ready to return.

Match chat here folks. :blue scalf:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They could.Boro can be a bitch at home

Gana be tight,last season we only won on a prem but...

Hopfully make this weekend a lot more hehehe.Sorry bit a Hillborugh sticket in Dunstable...made me laugh

Though teams on a bad spell always pick up against us,hopfully wont fuck up a lead or draw 0-0 or something and the Arsenal result could add needed pressure

Edited by Laylabelle

Manchester City: Hart - Corluka, Onuoha, Dunne ©, Ball - Fernandes - Ireland, Johnson, Petrov - Elano - Benjani

Subs: Isaksson, Jihai Sun, Hamann, Caicedo, Vassell

Chelsea: Cudicini - Belletti, Alex, Terry ©, A.Cole - Essien, Mikel, Lampard - SWP, Anelka, Kalou

Subs: Hilario, Ferreira, Ballack, J.Cole, Shevchenko

I'm curious about the team selection - he must be resting the likes of Carvalho, Ballack and Cole for the Fenerbastards game. I think we shall win this - it would take us three clear of Olympique Arsenais

1-0

Own Goal by Manchester City's Richard Dunne

A sliding tackle made by Dunne forces the ball into the net though Essien would have scored had Dunne not have netted. Assist by Nicolas Anelka.

Here we go again. :rolleyes:

Latest scores across the Premier League:

Aston Villa 1-0 Bolton

Goalscorer - Gareth Barry [AV]

Blackburn 1-1 Tottenham

Goalscorers - Dimitar Berbatov [TH]; Gamst Pedersen [bR]

Fulham 0-0 Sunderland

Newcastle 1-0 Reading

Goalscorer - Obefemi Martins

Wigan 1-0 Birmingham

Goalscorer - Ryan Taylor

Edited by BlueLion

think boro this is a piss poor performance so far, we still can't score for ourselves.

started well for the first 15mins then city came into it more and could be 3-1 up.

i don't know what fuck's going on but it aint good enough, i worry could be another fenebache if we don't buck our ideas up.

regards:JBD

We used to be able to go a goal up and just know our defence would get us 3 points whatever else happened. Now though, we can't rely on playing that way - maybe its time the players realised that and got their arses in gear before we gift this to Utd on a plate.

Not a 6-0 jobby but meh I'll take it.Thought it was gana be a repeat all over again of Tues

Good on Kalou.Needed that

Analka bless him lol but meh he set up the own goal :D good on city for that

Clear of Arsenal...please Boro do us a favour!

Edited by Laylabelle