Gianelli Imbula

TrippingStep

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think That Imbula's father exaggerating too. I'm sure Chelsea wanted to do with Imbula just as we did with Courtois. That does not take away the freedom of a player in any case.

But the fact is that two months ago the press talk about Imbula as a signing for our team. I think Imbula is a great player and, considering that he could play with us the Champions, his signing could be very interesting for us.

He is strong, has a lot of tactical intelligence, can read the game well to choose the plays in which he can get to attack, and his defensive ability is very good, and Imbula recover much balls in every game. He is a very interesting player.

He is a box to box which would fit perfectly with Matic. Would be a very intelligent signing.

• 4 weeks later...

I think Imbula is exactly what we need now. Mikel is horrible, and Ramires is always injured or out of shape physically.

He is a central midfielder, who can play both defensive midfielder and as a means offensive center. It is a Box to Box perfect for us because he knows also defend with a spectacular performance.

Marseille wants for him 30 million, and I'd rather pay 30 million (pounds) per Imbula than pay 30 million by Juan Cuadrado.

I think his move should be a priority for us.

I leave some videos of Imbula.

1. Imbula Vs Montpellier 14-15.

2. Imbula Vs Toulouse 14-15.

3. Imbula Vs Benfica 14 15.

I hope your comments.

Regards to all.

We need some balls. Where was last time when single player (not starter) carried us through the game when rest was shit by scoring goal or two? Our bench is painfuly passive, I miss young blood who would fight 90 mins in wish to show themself and tell coach; Im good enough. And its not just youth. Other players included who sit on bench. Instead everyone is so passive with no impact at all. Sure you have off games, but we realy lack some individuals who would carry us through whole game with their brilliance, even if its just for that game. One game Ramires, other game Remy etc. But them apart from scoring here and there put average performances all the time.

Kalou had more impact in certain games than whole our bench this and last season.

Very interesting player, indeed

Stamina, energy and pace of ramires exactly what we really lacking and missed for big games or against opposition midfield who can press our midfiled

With trio oscar, matic, fabregas we really slow and incapbale to doing well against good and dynamic midfield,

very poor and also very important aspect, why we struggle to play good football, beside what we can do only sit back

Against city last night really remind me again, with fabregas we probably didnt doing really better. Because when we face good midfield, we already saw so many times, even with fab our midfield often look slow and very average.

Ramires playing against untired midfiled, only energy what he can give to us, beside that. What ramires lacking of is really exposed

Pace and energy of ramires with better technical and passing range is ABSOLUTELY what we currently need. Imbula would be that man

• 2 months later...

Chelsea are reportedly lining up a sensational £20million transfer move for French Under-21 international Giannelli Imbula.

The Blues are keen to add another deep lying midfielder to play alongside Nemanja Matic next season and believe the Marseille star fits the bill, according to The Sun.

Imbula, 22, could have joined Chelsea two years ago for less than £1m but a move was scuppered as the Blues couldn’t guarantee him first team football.

However, a deal looks likely to happen this time around and Jose Mourinho should get his man.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/04/27/chelsea-line-up-sensational-20million-transfer-for-french-under-21-international-giannelli-imbula-5168859/

Imbula could be the perfect replacement for Obi Mikel, but maybe he is a player for a more offensive role, as Ramires.

I think I finally Jose bet to continue with Mikel because no one on the market that can take its role of ultra defensive to close games with tight player results and, moreover, Mikel is a player who perfectly knows the philosophy of Jose.

Maybe Kongogbia better remplado Mikel and Imbula would be the best replacement Ramires (BTW, I'm not saying we're going to sign them both).

And Koke would be a perfect replacement for Oscar.

Pogba, Bale, Messi ( :)) or Thiago Alcantara would signings of football stars.

Regards.

Good player with very good potential. He really turned the corner in the summer and only this season he started performing on 2012/13 form.

Though he's box to box midfielder and I don't see him sitting deep. And for that role we have Ruben lined up for the next season.

So I would pass on the signing and buy someone with different characteristic. Schneiderlin for example.

I saw him playing deep for Marseille this season, not to long ago. Few times he was even alone in midfield, in a bizzar formation of 3-3-3-1 when he's the only central midfielder, 3 central backs, 2 wing backs on his sides, and 4 attackers in front. They might still play this way.

Example:

Are people really wanting us not to sign him so Loftus-Cheek can play (well Jose says play as in be in the first team squad to take up a HG slot and play maybe 3 or 4 times a season and always with the u21s) when this guy is a big prospect who is more Chelsea ready than Ruben? I get that people want us to bring people through the academy but this guy is much much much better. He has Toure like characteristics, a bit more mobile though.

I personally am against it, because:
1. We need a world class position filler, not a decent talent. I am not saying he can't develop, but considering we can bring a done and dusted midfielder, in the like of Koke/Pogba/Isco, signing this guy would make 0 sense.
2. Ruben. ^ Imbulla may be more Chelsea ready than our young CM, but to be honest, when are we going to have a chance of developing a young midfielder, if not now, when we will probably ship - out one or two midfielders and he will have the opportunity to get minutes. Imbulla wouldn't be a gamechanger. He can't take us to the next level in CL. The first three can.

I personally am against it, because:

1. We need a world class position filler, not a decent talent. I am not saying he can't develop, but considering we can bring a done and dusted midfielder, in the like of Koke/Pogba/Isco, signing this guy would make 0 sense.

2. Ruben. ^ Imbulla may be more Chelsea ready than our young CM, but to be honest, when are we going to have a chance of developing a young midfielder, if not now, when we will probably ship - out one or two midfielders and he will have the opportunity to get minutes. Imbulla wouldn't be a gamechanger. He can't take us to the next level in CL. The first three can.

I dont think anyone here wants Imbula as the BIG signing for midfield. The talk is about him as Mikel's replacement.

I dont think anyone here wants Imbula as the BIG signing for midfield. The talk is about him as Mikel's replacement.

Wasting a valuable 20 milion of our transfer budget for a player, who's job Ake or RLC can do too, sounds kind of...stupid, for me, that is.

Wasting a valuable 20 milion of our transfer budget for a player, who's job Ake or RLC can do too, sounds kind of...stupid, for me, that is.

First of all, RLC isnt a DM as far as i know, more box to box, i cant see Mourinho giving him the role of Matic in any kind of game. And Im not sure Ake is that good for that role as well.

IMO we need genuine quality in midfield for the bench as well as the first XI, thats one of our main problems in the squad imo. Mikel, Ramires, and probably Cuadrado cant play the kind of football we played in the first half of the season.

I wouldnt go to the next season with Mikel as Matic's backup, and i cant think of a reason to think Ake will do a much better job. I would also like to find a cheap option, the question is if there is one.

First of all, RLC isnt a DM as far as i know, more box to box, i cant see Mourinho giving him the role of Matic in any kind of game. And Im not sure Ake is that good for that role as well.

IMO we need genuine quality in midfield for the bench as well as the first XI, thats one of our main problems in the squad imo. Mikel, Ramires, and probably Cuadrado cant play the kind of football we played in the first half of the season.

I wouldnt go to the next season with Mikel as Matic's backup, and i cant think of a reason to think Ake will do a much better job. I would also like to find a cheap option, the question is if there is one.

We should not be looking for backup to Matic.

In my opinion we should upgrade from Oscar to Isco/Koke/Pogba.

And turn Mikel and Ramires into 1 but quality midfielder.

Matic dropped the performance in the second half of the season, possibly he has physical issues. On top of that we have Fabregas who has blip in the second part for umpteenth time already.

We need 3rd midfielder who would be treated at the same level as two above not someone who would be doomed to backup role.

We should not be looking for backup to Matic.

In my opinion we should upgrade from Oscar to Isco/Koke/Pogba.

And turn Mikel and Ramires into 1 but quality midfielder.

Matic dropped the performance in the second half of the season, possibly he has physical issues. On top of that we have Fabregas who has blip in the second part for umpteenth time already.

We need 3rd midfielder who would be treated at the same level as two above not someone who would be doomed to backup role.

You're not reading my posts properly. Im not saying we shouldnt get Pogba/Koke, im talking about it all the time here, im saying we need Pogba/Koke+backup for Matic. Right now when Matic cant play you need to play Mikel or Zouma, thats not good enough i believe.

Idealy our midfield options imo should be:

Cesc-Matic-Pogba/Koke (Ramires, DM, RLC)

Willian-Hazard ( 2 of Oscar/Pedro/D.Costa/Cuadrado/Another AM. Or, if we bring Reus/Isco for RW than Willian as a squad option with Cuadrado/Oscar).

2 options from the bench for central midfield, 2 options for AM +RLC. You could might sell Ramires too, his role would be very small since (lest hope) we'll have Koke/Pogba.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You