Gianelli Imbula

TrippingStep

Mikel's a perfectly capable backup to Matic already especially if he's playing next to a world class midfield partner in Pogba. Midfield options of Pogba, Matic, Fabregas, Ramires, Mikel, RLC and Zouma (when needed) would be outstanding. I know people want to buy, buy, buy, but we already have a balanced team.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

recording to Squawka Imbula has completed 97 take ons this season more than robben and nemyar this season thats brilliant for a player who plays in the central midfield position if chelsea sign Imbula i can see chelsea sell ramires

http://www.squawka.com/news/chelsea-consider-20m-bid-for-marseilles-giannelli-imbula/364532?

he doesn't strike me as a goalscorer, but everyone's started saying on here he isn't a sitting deep type of player, so, what does he do when he gets further up the pitch? is he a playmaker? or is Ramires with better passing abilities more accurate?

IF we sell Ramires and/or Mikel, signing him makes sense. Looking at it from a perspective. RLC/Ake, Ramires/Mikel and Oscar is a good bench, with 2 wingers and a striker.
If we don't sell them, I don't see any reason, why we can't head into the new season with Ramires, Ruben and Oscar on the bench. It's not like he's the next big thing - Pogba, so we can sacrifice a young, talented player, who is head and shoulders above his siblings, for another, who has only gotten more game time. Don't get me wrong, signing him may turn out to be good, and if we sign him, I will trust Mourinho and the board, but I just don't believe there is a reason for us to waste a valuable 20 million, when Griezmann and Isco would improve us dramaticlly and cost 55 milion.(We can keep the budget for next season)

I know RLC is a box - to - box mid, but he is still very capable of playing DM due to his physique and athleticism.

he doesn't strike me as a goalscorer, but everyone's started saying on here he isn't a sitting deep type of player, so, what does he do when he gets further up the pitch? is he a playmaker? or is Ramires with better passing abilities more accurate?

Or maybe a Matuidi type of player!!

• 3 weeks later...

Mourinho could launch a cut-price move for #Marseille midfielder Giannelli Imbula, believed to be available for as little as €12m (L'Equipe)

Can actually see it happening now.. dont know what about the reported cut-price though. Anyone saw him regularly this season?

IMO Imbula is a box to box similar to Pogba and able to play in the position of Matic because he has more tactical sense than Paul Pogba. It's like Ramires to be exact.

By 12 million euros (8.67 million pounds) his signing would be the great bargain of the year. It would be perfect for us. This guy has is like Pogba but without so much glamor.

Hopefully this news is confirmed soon and we can regenerate our staff with a great player like Imbula.

Regards.

For such little money it's no brainer. Chelsea scouted him 3 years ago and wanted to sign him from Guingamp in Ligue 2. Our scout Gil Hilton said that he's big fan of his talent and he only moved to Marseille for further development.

Fantastic left foot, has engine in him, is big, strong, fast, technical and has eye for a pass, especially long balls. Can constantly take players on in the middle and join the attack. I have watched him so many times already. He is still inconsistent but at least he has full season of constant playing now, missed only 1 game in the league in which he was suspended.

He is further developed Ruben Loftus-Cheek but is better passer and better in defence. He could easily take Ramires and Mikel role in the team. There's the guy called Allan from Udinese who also would be good for that.

I was thinking £15-20 mil for a possible transfer. But for €12 mil he's easily worth a go. Even better, he could be sold for a higher fee in two, three years if it doesn't work out.

This is the kind of player the team needs in the squad, replacing Mikel or Ramires. Big, strong, athletic physical presence in midfield. Mikel is big and strong but barely uses his body, is slow, lacks mobility and is the furthest thing from aggressive. Ramires is fast, aggressive and energetic, but is pretty lightweight and (seriously) lacking on a technical and tactical level.

I'd prefer Xhaka or Casemiro, but Imbula would be good too. Especially at that price.

I was thinking £15-20 mil for a possible transfer. But for €12 mil he's easily worth a go. Even better, he could be sold for a higher fee in two, three years if it doesn't work out.

This is the kind of player the team needs in the squad, replacing Mikel or Ramires. Big, strong, athletic physical presence in midfield. Mikel is big and strong but barely uses his body, is slow, lacks mobility and is the furthest thing from aggressive. Ramires is fast, aggressive and energetic, but is pretty lightweight and (seriously) lacking on a technical and tactical level.

I'd prefer Xhaka or Casemiro, but Imbula would be good too. Especially at that price.

How do would you rate Xhaka? Heard some really promising things about him.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You