Kevin Strootman

BOSS

Van Ginkel is actually injured till now and still didn't play and prove anything. and you called him the weirdest transfer??? logic please....

I said that because he's younger than everyone else in the first team (except Kalas), and that Strootman is more ready for a tough season in the PL than him.

Here's some logic for your delight:

You are asking the wrong question. more like "why did we buy Van Ginkel (another box to box sans attacking midfielder) instead of Strootman (a legit central midfielder/regista).

People can wax lyrical about the great things emenalo or whoever is in charge of transfers at the club have done all they want but when you spend over 340 million on transfers over the past 4 seasons and the squad is still very unbalanced and low on overall quality, which has hugely led to regression in performances and result over that period in the league then serious questions need to be asked about the competency of those in charge of transfer dealings.

What is the use of unlimited resources/money if you cannot spend it wisely?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...

What's the hype behind Strootman ... Is he that good a player? Most of the United fans are looking as he would be their saviour when they sign him ... I have seen bit and pieces of him and he is not like the "next best thing" ... Please correct me and enlighten me if i m wrong ...

What's the hype behind Strootman ... Is he that good a player? Most of the United fans are looking as he would be their saviour when they sign him ... I have seen bit and pieces of him and he is not like the "next best thing" ... Please correct me and enlighten me if i m wrong ...

He has barely played at Roma this season and missed the second half on last season due to injury. I'd wait and see wether he can still get back to his old form first. Also if it is a Mikel replacement/improvement I'd rather would have liked them going after Di Rossi a while back (getting too old now to buy him) or Naingolan, who's been one of the best performers for AS Roma since his transfer last January.

• 1 month later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You