Demba Ba

KonohasOrangeFlash

Really? We pay Torres 170K a week. The difference between 80 and say 85K a week is 260K a year. To give up on a cheap, solid striker for that would be ridiculous especially because we'd probably have to go out and spend millions extra on transfer fees to get a similar striker.. (with the usual caveat that we don't really know what's happening).

Just because we pay Torres 170k/week does not make Ba worth 80k/week...

It's not just Torres. Wages aren't always pubic knowledge, but I think we pay Hazard 170/wk, Luiz 120/wk, Cahill, about 80K/week. Really, 80-85/wk is not some ridiculous fee.

Ba is not any of these players though, he has a knee problem, we're taking a risk already meeting his clause and paying his agent fees. Asking for more wages is just taking the piss, considering what he was on at Newcastle.

I think he will end up here eventually because we literally have like 1 or 2 other options.

It's not just Torres. Wages aren't always pubic knowledge, but I think we pay Hazard 170/wk, Luiz 120/wk, Cahill, about 80K/week. Really, 80-85/wk is not some ridiculous fee.

Only our "old" stars are above 100k (Cech, Terry, Cole, Lampard and Malouda), Hazard (120k), Luiz (but he was on about 80k before the new contract) and Torres. Cahill is on 80k (but that is why it dragged so long), Mata is probably on less than 100k, Oscar is on 50k, etc.

Considering we are making everything possible to get rid of Cole, Lampard and Malouda, I find it very hard for us to agree with Ba's 80-100k/week asking price.

Our first offer of 60k/week + 20k fitness bonus is very fair.

Considering he's Torres' bitch.

Not to be pedantic but isn't it the other way around? I mean, the moron element tend to categorise Torres as effeminate so wouldn't he be the bitch?

I know this is like trying to tell someone who licks windows why they aren't a nutritious meal but let's at least be consistent with out stupid insults.

According to Guardian and Telegraph, Ba wants to earn around 80k/week and the club is really stupid if they are refusing to pay that.

Yes, but from what I know (which does not mean much), his agent is asking for 100k/week but we offered 60k + 20k fitness.

Probably you dont have good sources or dont follow the right people on twitter.

LOL

Always have to be the one with the right answers. :halo:

Ba has a very serious knee problem and if he wanted "only" 80k, I don't see a reason for him not accepting 60k + 20k fitness.

Just found this:

Demba Ba’s agent Gaetan Muller confirmed to talkSPORT that his client will not be moving to Chelsea, but the former West Ham star is still expected to quit St James’ Park in January.

Not sure if its reliable or not...