Demba Ba

KonohasOrangeFlash

In a perfect world where we can buy and sell any player we want, I'd keep Ba from our current strikers. Not because he is the best, in fact, ability wise, he's probably the worst. But because he offers a completely different dimension which could really come in handy during the season (PSG game for example). Problem with that is that he will have to be third choice like he was this season and barely get a few starts.

In a perfect world where we can buy and sell any player we want, I'd keep Ba from our current strikers. Not because he is the best, in fact, ability wise, he's probably the worst. But because he offers a completely different dimension which could really come in handy during the season (PSG game for example). Problem with that is that he will have to be third choice like he was this season and barely get a few starts.

Torres is way worse than Ba.

He's in pretty crappy form right now, but he was in good form and our best ST at the start of the season. Let's not have the memory of gold fish.

Are you actually saying that to me? Don't have the memory of gold fish when it comes to TORRES?

Are you actually saying that to me? Don't have the memory of gold fish when it comes to TORRES?

Hardly changes the fact that Torres was our best striker at the start of the season (which actually wasn't even the point to begin with nor what I was trying to say).

He's in pretty crappy form right now, but he was in good form and our best ST at the start of the season. Let's not have the memory of gold fish.

Agree with that..and I think if he hadn't had those two injury layoffs this season, that form could have continued..

Still, not a good enough excuse for his current form and Ba fully deserves to move up the pecking order.

I have to adimit I'm not a big fan of his celebrations. Actually I dont like any kind of celebration related with any kind of religion.

Interesting article about the subject:

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/2292/editorials/2009/07/07/1368862/goalcom-worldview-is-there-a-place-for-religious-celebrations-in-

I'm ultra-liberal, so Ba does whatever he want to, but whe the team is trying to celebrate with him, he is praying, that does not look right to me, just like I have to admit I feel uncofortable when braziliam players are wearing "Jesus" shirts while representing Brazil (Lucio even lift the 09 Conf. Cup trophy with a Jesus shirt, and the players prayed after the match like they were in a rligious convention).

Religion is a very sensitive subject, while football is a global game. Imo as long as you are on the pitch, there is only one purpose there: win and win.

(Lucio even lift the 09 Conf. Cup trophy with a Jesus shirt, and the players prayed after the match like they were in a rligious convention).

LoL .. it's funny the way you describe that Moment. Never saw it.

However, I think everybody can express their Joy the way they want as long as other People are not offended by it.

So if Demba Ba and Muhamid Salah celebrate in a religious Fashion, its their Choice. B/c one must accept that there are People who take their Religion more seriously than others. And noone can argue against it b/c everyone has the right to Self-Expression and the right to believe in whatever he/she wants.

So I see no Problem there really, and he celebrates with his Teammates as well ...

Religion is a very sensitive subject, while football is a global game. Imo as long as you are on the pitch, there is only one purpose there: win and win.

The purpose of players while playing is to win, but celebration of a player is a personal matter. No one has ever stopped while the ball is in play to pray for no reason, so drop it.

Just notice that Salah celebrates with his teammates FIRST and then does his own thing. While Ba seems to ignore his teammates until he's done, which for a player so dependent on assists, does seem a bit odd to me.

The club can also argue that "over" religion might be going against teamwork, unity, or whatnot. Wouldn't players of the same religion form a tight group? it ALWAYS happens as people team up with their equals. Like Henrique said it has happened in Brazil before and it has been rumored that Dunga (and Jorginho) built a weaker Brazil side in 2010 WC to accommodate a group of very religious athletes (some belong to a group known as "Athletes of Christ").

Also, imagine a player who will not play in certain places, or against certain teams. That might or might not be acceptable to the employer, the club.

People don't seem to realize being a professional player is "just" a job. And NO players CANNOT do whatever they want to do. In some countries they have some legal protections concerning religion, but not in others.

All I am saying is that this is a very controversial subject and not the "drop it" that some are trying to make it.