Demba Ba

KonohasOrangeFlash

Actually that is not true (well not straight away anyway).

In 04/05 they started the season like a steam train with no handbrakes, they were actually playing better than they did at any point in their unbeaten season, they thrashed Everton 4-1 at Goodison (a game they drew 1-1 in their unbeaten season), beat Blackburn 3-0 (only won it 1-0 the season before), slaughtered Norwich, beat Fulham 3-0 (a fixture they needed a VDS error to win in the unbeaten season), beat Charlton 4-0 and after the 9th game they were 5 points and 20 goals ahead of Chelsea. At one point it looked like they might have gone unbeaten back to back, and in an even better style.

Arsenal were top class in 04/05, they were just beaten to the title by an absolute freak of nature team.

read my reply to alex's next post.

Premier League - Mourinho blocked Ba move to ‘title contenders’ Arsenal after Ozil move Jose Mourinho has admitted that he blocked Demba Ba's move to Arsenal after hearing they had signed Mesut Ozil.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-mourinho-ozil-signing-forced-block-ba-113820145.html

Good thing Mourinho isn't as dumb as Wenger who sold Van Persie to Arsenal.

Premier League - Mourinho blocked Ba move to ‘title contenders’ Arsenal after Ozil move Jose Mourinho has admitted that he blocked Demba Ba's move to Arsenal after hearing they had signed Mesut Ozil.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-mourinho-ozil-signing-forced-block-ba-113820145.html

Good thing Mourinho isn't as dumb as Wenger who sold Van Persie to Arsenal.

lol I'd trade Giroud for both Ba and Torres in a heartbeat....

you did that a comment ago already bud. ;)

No, I did not. Because it adds nothing to a discussion or a thread.

Thank fuck you're not on our board

Same to you buddy. Imagine if we bought players as poor as Torres and Ba for the amount of money we did (including wages here spec for Ba) Chelsea would be in the gutters...

How about we start discussing the merits of the argument rather than how we feel about each others opinions? I am entitled and do feel the same way about opinions contrary to mine, but at least I take the time to argue.

This is going to be Giroud's second season in the Premiere, so I reckon he's going to surprise a lot of people. He's a good footballer. I look at him, not just go to whoscored.com, and see a player who can go past his man (more so now because he's gained some pace), can head the ball, and is OK playing in tight spaces. Neither Ba nor Torres can do all of that (spec heading part). So, in my personal opinion, Giroud is better and more complete than both.

BTW, Ba would have joined Arsenal on loan to replace Bendtner, not Giroud who would be the starter, as he should be.

lol I'd trade Giroud for both Ba and Torres in a heartbeat....

I agree. Maybe not both but over one of them for sure. I guess once the media gives a player the image of a flop or in Luiz's case a 'liability', people always stick to that opinion & don't think for themselves.

Ba was brilliant at Newcastle. What happened to him?

All our strikers end up the same, except a miracle man like Drogba.

Probably the difference in our style of play and the fact Newcastle effectively built around Ba. Newcastle play much more direct than what we did under Rafa as well.

Probably the difference in our style of play and the fact Newcastle effectively built around Ba. Newcastle play much more direct than what we did under Rafa as well.

exactly. when Giroud comes, I expect the same to happen, be it any striker.

No, I did not. Because it adds nothing to a discussion or a thread.

Same to you buddy. Imagine if we bought players as poor as Torres and Ba for the amount of money we did (including wages here spec for Ba) Chelsea would be in the gutters...

How about we start discussing the merits of the argument rather than how we feel about each others opinions? I am entitled and do feel the same way about opinions contrary to mine, but at least I take the time to argue.

This is going to be Giroud's second season in the Premiere, so I reckon he's going to surprise a lot of people. He's a good footballer. I look at him, not just go to whoscored.com, and see a player who can go past his man (more so now because he's gained some pace), can head the ball, and is OK playing in tight spaces. Neither Ba nor Torres can do all of that (spec heading part). So, in my personal opinion, Giroud is better and more complete than both.

BTW, Ba would have joined Arsenal on loan to replace Bendtner, not Giroud who would be the starter, as he should be.

I wouldn't mind Giroud, but trading him for two of our three strikers? No way. Would you want to go into the season with an Eto'o we don't know how he'll preform and a not yet proven (imo) Giroud?

Plus, I don't think he's the type of striker Chelsea needs. Eto'o is the only one that has a shot at being that, he can link up with the midfield quite well

exactly. when Giroud comes, I expect the same to happen, be it any striker.

I'm just not sure it's about quality, but rather characteristics (and yes a bit of quality too).

Giroud can play in tight spaces, Ba and Torres need space to maneuver, which was honestly a big disappointment (for me) concerning Ba because I thought a guy of his build would be able to use his body to play in tight spaces. Neither have the short passing, quick dribbling that you see Oscar do for example (from futsal). Neither can head the ball very well. Giroud I reckon has more of that, but I agree we still need to see it happen.

Playing for a big club like Chelsea is a bit different (understatement) than playing for newcastle, all due respect. That's *probably* the reason Chelsea are still not convinced Lukaku is really ready, because WBA play counter-attacking football and Lukaku had a lot of space to work with. Everton will be the real test for him as they play more as a possession side, even their strikers/players aren't that quick.

Anyway, can't wait... this season is shaping up real good.